S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

Cookies n Creme

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm wondering when people are going to finally try going to verizonwireless.com/phone and realize it leads to nothing and that it was just bad wording and meant Verizonwireless.com OR Phone.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Joe I was just told today when I went into a core store in my location (PA) that it was going to be the Bluetooth one after he checked his system. Is they any possible way we could get more clarification? It says the value is $300 which is the retail of the Bluetooth model.
Based on what I see in the system, it looks like it should be the 3g version. Once again, Samsung is fulfilling these promotions, So I would check with them. When I look under restrictions/exceptions, It says " 2 Year Contract not required" that tells me it's the 3g version. If it was the Bluetooth version, It wouldn't be applicable.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
PLEASE READ: All, after extensive research and MANY phone conversations with Verizon, this is the truth about the promo: yes, you have to order the phone via the Verizon website to have the choice of either the S2 or VR headset. You do this by adding a line without an upgrade, or simply upgrading if you have a line eligible, but it HAS to be done on the Verizon website to receive EITHER Samsung promo gift. If you order via phone, or in store, the ONLY option is to get the VR headset. To verify what I say is the truth, please go to samsungpromotions.com/verizonoffer. Then, select Verizon, and then you will see a drop down containing two options, 1) verizonwireless.com/phone, or 2) Verizon store/other. ONLY option 1 will allow you to choose either the Gear S2 or the VR headset. After selecting, you must include your MEID, wifi MAC address, AND ORDER LOCATION # which translates into where/how you purchased your phone. How do I know? I have an order location # which is on my preorder receipt and even though I placed my order via phone with a Verizon rep, I still contacted Verizon and gave them my order location # which Verizon confirmed translates into "phone order". Therefore, if I tried to submit for a S2 watch, weeks later Samsung would deny my claim as the phone wasn't purchased on the website. So, if you preordered via phone, you can cancel and reorder online. Of course, now the phones are back ordered if you order today, and chances are, the 300,000 free S2 or VR headsets will be gone. Oh, you can read the "terms and conditions" link on the samsungpromotions website, and it says promotion limited to 300,000 first come/first serve customers. Hope this helps, and sorry for all that placed order via phone...myself included.
Please Disregard this post people. If you preorder over phone, You qualify for both Free Vr or S2.

I would post a picture of the proof in our system, But I'd like to keep my job.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
After 2 hours on the phone, Verizon refused to admit they screwed up and rectify it. Decided to go to store and just ended up ordering gold. I got it in writing that I can switch to the silver, if I don't like the gold, without a restocking fee. So, not ideal, but better than the call center offered. And I will still have it by the 11th.

Posted via the Android Central App

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
IF YOU PREORDER ONLINE OR OVER PHONE, YOU QUALIFY FOR FREE VR OR S2.

IF YOU PREORDER OR PURCHASE IN STORE, YOU QUALIFY FOR FREE VR OR $100 OFF S2.

All promos go through Samsungs promo page. Verizon does not fulfill any of it unless you go in store and buy S7 and get $100 off watch.

I apologize for caps, But I don't know how to make this more clear.

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Well, I made it through Zootopia without checking this board or my order status lol. PS super cute movie even if you don't have kids. I was laughing most of the way through. Good jokes even for the grown ups.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I hate to browse through a million pages of history, but did anyone else have their order as processing? I have orders from 2014 still processing online for me

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I hate to browse through a million pages of history, but did anyone else have their order as processing? I have orders from 2014 still processing online for me

The orders for all our current iPhones and my mom's iPhone case from Verizon all still show processing from last year lol

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site

All promos go through Samsungs promo page. Verizon does not fulfill any of it unless you go in store and buy S7 and get $100 off watch.

I have read through almost 800 posts in this thread and it looks like you're a guy who would know the answer to my questions:
1- if I ordered online do I get the s2 watch?
2- why have I not got my phone yet since the other carriers have released theirs?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
The orders for all our current iPhones and my mom's iPhone case from Verizon all still show processing from last year lol

Cool. I made sure I signed the paperwork they sent me the day of, just wanted to make sure it wasn't out of the ordinary.

Anyone else notice the AT&T customers ramping up for a freak out?

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Every phone in the past that I have pre ordered on Verizon, always showed up on the expected ship date. I'm not talking about the back ordered shipped dates.

omahaorange

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Either the girl I talked to at Verizon made a huge mistake, or I just got very, very lucky. Pre-ordered my S7 edge late afternoon on the 23rd. Pretty much did it on a whim while checking out the phone on line. During the process she mentioned the promo, gave me a choice between the watch and the VR. She said the VR would ship in April, and the watch she could ship immediately. Not really interested in VR, so I chose the watch. Never mentioned a web site for the promo. I pre-ordered the phone, and ordered a case for it as well. On the 25th I received a package via UPS that contained the case and the watch, a 3g GS2. Went through all the confirmation emails, watch shows as 0 cost. Not sure how it happened.

capncoad

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site

Joe what promo will I get if a preorder it via fax?

zainsikander32

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Ship the phones already Verizon! I'm seriously getting impatient. The first thing I do every morning is check this thread to see if they've started shipping. Damn it!

Posted via the Android Central App

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Cool. I made sure I signed the paperwork they sent me the day of, just wanted to make sure it wasn't out of the ordinary.

Anyone else notice the AT&T customers ramping up for a freak out?

I feel like we should go visit with some paper bags for them to breathe into

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I still haven't bought anything for my phone. I feel it's adequate. I can't hide that beauty.