S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Here's mine. Nothing else. As you can guess I'm leaning heavily on the app. Make it so!

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

This is KimJong you're talking to bebe. Please send me order #, tracking #, and your address so I can personally make sure your device gets to you and to walk you through any problems you may have.

Let me ask you guys a question with this device payment plan. I preordered a s7 edge and currently have an iphone 6 on my line. I have an iphone 4 sitting home as a spare. Is it too late to activate that for a couple of days so I can turn that phone in and keep my iphone 6 to sell. I did the early device payment upgrade and just hate to give them a phone I can get $400 for on ebay. I wanted the free watch so I did the DPP. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Did you fully pay off your iPhone or just pay the balance required to do an upgrade? If you fully paid it off, it's your phone and you can do whatever you want with it. If you only paid the balance to upgrade, then you signed an agreement that stipulates you will return the device and it may be tough to change it now. Verizon goes off the IMEI so just swapping now won't do a single thing.

FCSC

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for this I was about to post and ask when people think I was gonna see some action on my account. I ordered on 3/3 so I know I'm considerably later than most people. So if you ordered 3/2 and had money taken out I should see something happen soon.

Nice to see other late pre-orders, I did it on 3/4. no news yet.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
This is KimJong you're talking to bebe. Please send me order #, tracking #, and your address so I can personally make sure your device gets to you and to walk you through any problems you may have.

Did you fully pay off your iPhone or just pay the balance required to do an upgrade? If you fully paid it off, it's your phone and you can do whatever you want with it. If you only paid the balance to upgrade, then you signed an agreement that stipulates you will return the device and it may be tough to change it now. Verizon goes off the IMEI so just swapping now won't do a single thing.

The iphone is fully paid off it was bought on a 2 year contract so I got the subsidized price. I just was wondering if I had to have the iphone 4 active at the time of the pre-order because you receive the device payment plan agreement via email that you need to accept the terms. I just don't want to activate now then someone at VZW say oh the iphone 6 was active when you preorderd so where is that phone? I guess I can say it broke or fell in water!

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone that had a single order with two phones in it have theirs shipped yet? Or have only single phone orders been shipped out?

My order placed on 3/1 of 3 phones has shipped this morning, still don't have tracking number but the invoice shows SHP002 2DAY By 8pm....

s7 edge Silver
s7 edge Gold
**s7 gold

**I already received the Return Device Box from UPS to return an old Droid X I used for the $100 trade in

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
The iphone is fully paid off it was bought on a 2 year contract so I got the subsidized price. I just was wondering if I had to have the iphone 4 active at the time of the pre-order because you receive the device payment plan agreement via email that you need to accept the terms. I just don't want to activate now then someone at VZW say oh the iphone 6 was active when you preorderd so where is that phone? I guess I can say it broke or fell in water!

Unless you agreed to send in a device for discounts, credit, etc., the phone is yours to keep and you are under no obligation to send in the phone.

I've had a friend swap phones early and he was able to sell his iPhone without any problems. He just didn't qualify for the service plan discount of $25 a month since he was still on his contract. I'm sure that's what you'll be doing as well since the iPhone hasn't been out for 2 years yet and you're still under contract.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
What are these screenshots of? My Verizon on my phone looks nothing like that....

My Verizon may look different because it's the My Verizon Nexus version. The one and only app Verizon made available to Nexus users lol. Kings of Bloatware can't touch this.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Unless you agreed to send in a device for discounts, credit, etc., the phone is yours to keep and you are under no obligation to send in the phone.

I've had a friend swap phones early and he was able to sell his iPhone without any problems. He just didn't qualify for the service plan discount of $25 a month since he was still on his contract. I'm sure that's what you'll be doing as well since the iPhone hasn't been out for 2 years yet and you're still under contract.

What do you mean about the service plan? The CSR said I would get the $25 service plan discount since I am going to a DPP. The CSR said they have a promotion where although I am still under contract, I can upgrade early to a new phone if I do the device payment plan and I need to turn in my phone. I agreed to send in the iphone in order to do the early upgrade for the s7. But who is to say that nothing happened to that phone after I did the preorder? What if it fell into a toilet bowl and I had to activate my iphone 4, thats what I want to trade in. My question is it too late to activate that now and use that as my trade in?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I agreed to send in the iphone in order to do the early upgrade for the s7. But who is to say that nothing happened to that phone after I did the preorder? What if it fell into a toilet bowl and I had to activate my iphone 4, thats what I want to trade in. My question is it too late to activate that now and use that as my trade in?

Wait .. so you have the iPhone 6 on a payment plan and isn't paid off? So you were going to trade it in to get credits (or do an early upgrade)? And what do you mean "if something happened" to it after you pre-ordered? I am kind of lost I guess on what you're asking.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Wait .. so you have the iPhone 6 on a payment plan and isn't paid off? So you were going to trade it in to get credits (or do an early upgrade)? And what do you mean "if something happened" to it after you pre-ordered? I am kind of lost I guess on what you're asking.

It sounds like he may be on a two year plan. With the early upgrade I've noticed you have to send Big Red a phone as sacrifice for your "early upgrade" to a DPP.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Ah okay! That makes sense.

Yeah. But I'm pretty sure he has to send whatever phone was active on the account at the time of purchase. I almost early upgraded when the Note 5 came out and they wanted my Note Edge as tribute for their Hunger Games at the time of purchase.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I say "good day!"

It'll be an excellent day with the info *wink wink*

What do you mean about the service plan? The CSR said I would get the $25 service plan discount since I am going to a DPP. The CSR said they have a promotion where although I am still under contract, I can upgrade early to a new phone if I do the device payment plan and I need to turn in my phone. I agreed to send in the iphone in order to do the early upgrade for the s7. But who is to say that nothing happened to that phone after I did the preorder? What if it fell into a toilet bowl and I had to activate my iphone 4, thats what I want to trade in. My question is it too late to activate that now and use that as my trade in?

Ah it's all so clear to me now. You must send the iPhone 6 back in working condition since that is what you agreed to do. Should something happen to the iPhone that renders it useless, you are on the line for it and must pay whatever amount it is that you agreed to pay should the phone not be functioning when returned.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Yes you are lost haha let me explain. @MizWylie is correct. I have an iphone 6 on a two year contract. As a promo they are letting me upgrade early but in order to upgrade early I must commit to a device payment plan and give them my iphone 6 (the phone that is currently active on my line) What I want to do is activate an iphone 4 today and once I get the new s7 I will send in the iphone 4 as my trade in.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes you are lost haha let me explain. @MizWylie is correct. I have an iphone 6 on a two year contract. As a promo they are letting me upgrade early but in order to upgrade early I must commit to a device payment plan and give them my iphone 6 (the phone that is currently active on my line) What I want to do is activate an iphone 4 today and once I get the new s7 I will send in the iphone 4 as my trade in.

So .. keep the 6 that you used to do the 2 year contract and send in an old iPhone 4 instead?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

Have to send the iPhone 6. You could always cancel, put the iPhone 4 on and reorder. Either way you win because I eat apples for breakfast.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site

i believe you will have to send the 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital