S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
2 of the 3 s7's I ordered were done with the early upgrade option where I had to sacrifice my device to pre-order the s7 or wait until Apr 2 to order outright.....(which meant no Gear S2 promo)

so before I placed the pre-order on 3/1 I have a box of old phones from years gone by and activated an old LG touch 1100 and an LG envy 1000 on those 2 lines before I placed my pre-order......

when I placed the order the email confirmation shows the IMEI for the 2 devices I have to sacrifice...

after the order was complete I went back and switched my 2 lines back to their current device....(which had to be done over the phone via CS because once you have a pending order you can not switch devices online)

so had to sacrifice 2 old LG's to get 2 Gear s2's

Wow so you are going to pull that off....hopefully they don't come back and want the original phones you had activated! Good luck!

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Excellent point, which is why I bought the phone outright from BB with their 0% interest CC. They give you the VR headset and SD card in store. No need to go through samsung promotions other than when I get the VZW version for the gear S2. I'll probably sell the BB version anyway to pay off the card.

P.S. So you've threatened the US with nuke attacks again, huh?

You could sell the phone for retail price or more right now! By the time you get the Verizon gift, the S7 price will have dropped.

Honestly, I'd rather be friendly with the US with my buddy Dennis living there and all, but I have to distract my subjects from their hunger so I'm forced to make threats here and there. Oh the stresses of being a dictator... le sigh.

On computer now, checking my order status...and of course it's still processing. I hate life. I'm going shopping, haha.

Shopping is good, until I look at my balance sheet. BTW don't go to LV.

MonsterTaco

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Ordered Black Onyx Edge about 9:30 AM CST on 2/23 through Enterprise account, using a buddy upgrade (my line was not eligible until 3/15). This morning, received an email saying my order was not completed and asking me to confirm that I still want to use another line that is eligible. Logged into Enterprise account and checked order and it says the status is Completed. Expected ship date is 3/11 and no tracking info. Called Verizon CS to be sure that it was still on order and there wasn't anything more I needed to do. CS rep told me order looked good and was in process.

It appears most everyone that ordered on 2/23 has shipping notification, tracking info, etc and some may have their phone in hand tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm getting nervous about the fact that I still have the exact same info as I did after placing the order 2 weeks ago. Nothing has changed at all - I never had the ship date change to 3/31 or 1858 or anything. The only activity was the seemingly erroneous email this morning... Can someone reassure me that I'm going to get my phone this week?!?! Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Also, I saw a few pages back about only being eligible for the S2 promotion if the phone was put on a payment plan. Does that mean since I ordered via Enterprise and it is being billed to my account, I won't be able to get the S2 and can only get the VR? Or am I even eligible for the VR since it's an Enterprise order?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I asked the nice chat box lady if there was a shortage of silver Edges because I'm a glutton for punishment, and she said nope.

Well, more like "That is a great question! Of course not! I can assure you that you will receive this phone by March 11th."

I imagined her saying it in a really really bright chipper voice with rainbows flowing from her nostrils. Anyway, no tracking information, no phone shipment. Verizon got me! Those tricksters.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Ordered Black Onyx Edge about 9:30 AM CST on 2/23 through Enterprise account, using a buddy upgrade (my line was not eligible until 3/15). This morning, received an email saying my order was not completed and asking me to confirm that I still want to use another line that is eligible. Logged into Enterprise account and checked order and it says the status is Completed. Expected ship date is 3/11 and no tracking info. Called Verizon CS to be sure that it was still on order and there wasn't anything more I needed to do. CS rep told me order looked good and was in process.

It appears most everyone that ordered on 2/23 has shipping notification, tracking info, etc and some may have their phone in hand tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm getting nervous about the fact that I still have the exact same info as I did after placing the order 2 weeks ago. Nothing has changed at all - I never had the ship date change to 3/31 or 1858 or anything. The only activity was the seemingly erroneous email this morning... Can someone reassure me that I'm going to get my phone this week?!?! Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Also, I saw a few pages back about only being eligible for the S2 promotion if the phone was put on a payment plan. Does that mean since I ordered via Enterprise and it is being billed to my account, I won't be able to get the S2 and can only get the VR? Or am I even eligible for the VR since it's an Enterprise order?

Don't worry. I ordered on 2/23 and haven't shipped yet.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
It wouldn't have worked anyway. First I would never recommend trying to pull a fast one on a carrier or insurance company as that walks the line of fraud.

The reason it wouldn't have worked is because they have your IMEI / Serial number for the iPhone 6 you bought from them in their system. This way it prevents people from pulling things like this off. An example is my gf broke her iPhone 6 and we went into T-Mobile and did an insurance claim. Before even moving forward with it they confirmed it was actually the phone that was on the plan by the IMEI / Serial number of the phone. They do that so someone doesn't bring in a friends broken iPhone and get it replaced for them for just a deductible.

Same thing with your order. If they have you in a contract for 2 years and are allowing you to "upgrade" via giving them the old phone and doing so -- they know exactly what phone it should be. I am sure the rep may have said "The one active on the line" and by that they mean the one with the contract .. Reps just usually aren't clear in that sense. They didn't mean the one currently active on it.

"It wouldn't have worked anyway. First I would never recommend trying to pull a fast one on a carrier or insurance company as that walks the line of fraud."

This is incorrect......... before I ordered I spoke with CS about my options or just waiting to order on Apr 2.......... I had an Iphone 6 on one line and an S5 on another...... the CS specifically told me to do early upgrade I could use any phone as trade in and it just has to be in working order and active on my account when I do the early upgrade, I told him I had a box of old phones and he just said which ever phone is active when you place the order will record the IMEI of the phone you must return.........

I deactivated my current phones on my account online, activated the 2 LG's and then placed the order.... after the order was placed I had to call CS back to deactivate the LG's, explained to them that I just placed an order on both lines and it would not allow me to switch my device online while there is a pending orders...... they completed the device switch back for me to the previous devices I was using before I placed the order............. no issues, no fraud involved... all very straightforward and outright.

======EDIT : -------

I specifically asked VZW if I could use any phone and when the CS was ready to place my order I told him I will do it online after I switch my devices....(and it is a good thing I didn't let him place my order because I would have been clueless to the fact to qualify for the S2 it had to be done online or via telesales only)

I even had some older devices from mid 2000's I could have sacrificed but didn't have the time to track them down and find batteries and charge them long enough so I could activate them)

Last edited:

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
"It wouldn't have worked anyway. First I would never recommend trying to pull a fast one on a carrier or insurance company as that walks the line of fraud."

This is incorrect......... before I ordered I spoke with CS about my options or just waiting to order on Apr 2.......... I had an Iphone 6 on one line and an S5 on another...... the CS specifically told me to do early upgrade I could use any phone as trade in and it just has to be in working order and active on my account when I do the early upgrade, I told him I had a box of old phones and he just said which ever phone is active when you place the order will record the IMEI of the phone you must return.........

And you're on a 2 year contract for the iPhone?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I also called Verizon, just on a whim, and it's my day off and I have nothing better to do than annoy Big Red, and there's a possibility, always a possibility that the tracking number wasn't loaded yet, and the nice lady, Felicia, blatantly rebuffed everything I mentioned about all my fellow minions on here getting their phones shipped. She told me it's not shipping until the 11th as stated on my "Check Order" status, and brutally beat me down until my attitude turned sour. I mentioned I was a member of AC, that I was currently looking at a large handful of people who were VZW customers that are getting their phones shipped with tracking numbers in hand, and she called ALL OF YOU, get this, MISINFORMED.

I should have gone shopping. ::facepalm

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I also called Verizon, just on a whim, and it's my day off and I have nothing better to do than annoy Big Red, and there's a possibility, always a possibility that the tracking number wasn't loaded yet, and the nice lady, Felicia, blatantly rebuffed everything I mentioned about all my fellow minions on here getting their phones shipped. She told me it's not shipping until the 11th as stated on my "Check Order" status, and brutally beat me down until my attitude turned sour. I mentioned I was a member of AC, that I was currently looking at a large handful of people who were VZW customers that are getting their phones shipped with tracking numbers in hand, and she called ALL OF YOU, get this, MISINFORMED.

I should have gone shopping. ::facepalm

Well damn I had no idea I was so misinformed that I'm now imagining a tracking # being generated and FedEx telling me it's slated for delivery on the 9th. Is Verizon just sending me an empty box to get my hopes up only to have it come crashing down when I open the box?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Well damn I had no idea I was so misinformed that I'm now imagining a tracking # being generated and FedEx telling me it's slated for delivery on the 9th. Is Verizon just sending me an empty box to get my hopes up only to have it come crashing down when I open the box?

The worst part is that she maintained her cheery attitude the whole phone call. It was like taking 40 lashes from Dolores Umbridge.

"I must not tell Big Red lies."

dmaxwell564

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I asked the nice chat box lady if there was a shortage of silver Edges because I'm a glutton for punishment, and she said nope.

Well, more like "That is a great question! Of course not! I can assure you that you will receive this phone by March 11th."

I imagined her saying it in a really really bright chipper voice with rainbows flowing from her nostrils. Anyway, no tracking information, no phone shipment. Verizon got me! Those tricksters.

Lmao when I chatted they started the chat with "hello! I'm in Texas. We're known for our bbqs and it's so hot here." Ended the convo with "have a verizontastic day". If I could punch through the computer...

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
2 of the 3 s7's I ordered were done with the early upgrade option where I had to sacrifice my device to pre-order the s7 or wait until Apr 2 to order outright.....(which meant no Gear S2 promo)

so before I placed the pre-order on 3/1 I have a box of old phones from years gone by and activated an old LG touch 1100 and an LG envy 1000 on those 2 lines before I placed my pre-order......

when I placed the order the email confirmation shows the IMEI for the 2 devices I have to sacrifice...

after the order was complete I went back and switched my 2 lines back to their current device....(which had to be done over the phone via CS because once you have a pending order you can not switch devices online)

so had to sacrifice 2 old LG's to get 2 Gear s2's

Wow so you are going to pull that off....hopefully they don't come back and want the original phones you had activated! Good luck!

I will just share witht he both of you that I did this same thing on my line that has my LG G3. It was an early upgrade, but I had to relinquish the phone on the line while ordering from the Verizon website. I switched to my old RAZR Maxx and activated it, bought the S7e and then switched back to my LG G3. No need to call customer service... Not sure why you should you had to?

And the agreement was for the IMEI for my RAZR and not my G3 (I verified this at checkout as to not get screwed over).