S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
That's why I hate going into a Best Buy. I have to fight the urge to comment on things like that. Especially when you hear the answer from an employee and know it is completely incorrect.

I managed to help someone today. Got to play with a non demo S7 and it got me pretty fired up for Wednesday. BB rep was clueless about something so I just helped myself to the conversation. Rep was grateful though, I managed to get him a sale on a Gear S2... lol.

Number one reason I'm not allowed in a Verizon store anymore. I try to sell them the phone they want, not the phone they think they want.

"I want expandable storage and a removable battery and a good camera....I'm gonna get the S6."

Noooooo.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

Sometimes you just have to **** in. Saw a guy when at a VZ store about to buy a wireless charging pad for use with his S5. Told him it wouldn't work without a special back cover, he was like "Huh? But it's a Samsung phone and the charger is also a Samsung." No dude, just no.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't take my frustrations out in CS. I've just had a mix up like crazy. I may call tonight and see what is going on. Since I have a closed order that is shipping one out of 2 phones and my open order not doing anything. I just want to make sure my edge is coming sometime and not 4 phones

Posted via the Android Central App

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Did you get the Edge? I thought you were lurking here for the Edge. They only released the rust for the S7 otherwise I would have snapped it up since orange is my favorite color.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

My husband has the silver S7e ordered, I'm really lurking around for him.

My black S7 shows shipping.

And yes, I'm covering this phone, because I am a paramedic and a firefighter and bad, bad things happen to uncovered cell phones around here lol

yxcolo

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I find more success when I don't berate a rep. Reason information and making an argument for a level or service or charge typically works better.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

And yes, I'm covering this phone, because I am a paramedic and a firefighter and bad, bad things happen to uncovered cell phones around here lol

My husband's black s7 shipped but my edge has not

Posted via the Android Central App

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

But there are cases out there that are clear! Get a Case-Mate or something!

I find more success when I don't berate a rep. Reason information and making an argument for a level or service or charge typically works better.

This is correct. Most people don't know that secret though. I'm normally polite throughout the conversation regardless of how horrible they are, then stick it to them on the survey.

xx_bishop_xx

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
S7 Edge ordered on 2/23; shows shipping and to be delivered on 3/9...BUT I have not been charged yet and therefore no receipt yet. Any thoughts?

*edit* No receipt means no claim on S2.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The best part about this thread is that it makes the time go by waiting to get my phone on Friday. Yes, Friday. The day they said it would come out.

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm switching from an HTC, have been with HTC since the thunderbolt. For root/remove bloat with Samsung is it able to be done right after the phone launches, or does it take a few weeks/months for the devs to write the root program? HTC on Verizon was always a wait

Furiouso

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered a Silver model on 2/23. yesterday I received the shipping info. I tracked it today and it shows that it's actually out the door and will be here tomorrow. All that to say that there seems to be hope that the silvers are available. Good luck everyone!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
When you placed the order, right before you completed checkout after you checked the Verizon wireless customer agreement it showed you a page showing the device and IMEI related to the trade in for the order, showed up right before you clicked on " place order".......

I would definitely return the order with the iphone 6 and redo it with the older iphone...... might be a hassle but if they waive the restocking fee for the misunderstanding would be worth it.

This might be to my advantage, but I did not do it online it was done over the phone. I had to accept a DPP agreement that was sent to me via email, it directed me to my account to read it. Now I go to review the agreement in My Documents and Receipts and I click the document and a new window opens to a blank page. Want to see if anything is in the agreement but can't even read it!

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
S7 Edge ordered on 2/23; shows shipping and to be delivered on 3/9...BUT I have not been charged yet and therefore no receipt yet. Any thoughts?

You get a physically receipt with the phone. I took a look at the receipt I got with my S6E and it has all the information I would need to submit my claim. I don't see why it would be any different with my S7E.

The best part about this thread is that it makes the time go by waiting to get my phone on Friday. Yes, Friday. The day they said it would come out.

Get your phone on the day of launch? How barbaric! We live in the 21st century good sir!

I'm switching from an HTC, have been with HTC since the thunderbolt. For root/remove bloat with Samsung is it able to be done right after the phone launches, or does it take a few weeks/months for the devs to write the root program? HTC on Verizon was always a wait

It took a few months for the S6. Unfortunately, rooting it will disable Samsung Pay because it trips the Knox security system.

Furiouso

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

You also need the wifi MAC address of the device which I don't believe is on the receipt. So waiting on the phone to arrive appears to be the only option.

xx_bishop_xx

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
You also need the wifi MAC address of the device which I don't believe is on the receipt. So waiting on the phone to arrive appears to be the only option.

At least only VZW pre-orders seem to qualify for the watch...for those of us opting to try to claim that. That is the assumption I am operating under.

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
You get a physically receipt with the phone. I took a look at the receipt I got with my S6E and it has all the information I would need to submit my claim. I don't see why it would be any different with my S7E.

Get your phone on the day of launch? How barbaric! We live in the 21st century good sir!

It took a few months for the S6. Unfortunately, rooting it will disable Samsung Pay because it trips the Knox security system.

Nooooooooooooo. So you just have to keep all the bloat?

The Back

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Ordered Silver on the 23rd and still nothing charged and order is processing. Just hope I get it in time to still get the S2, my wife would really like the watch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz