S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Hate it when banks just cancel first without checking. I always call in for pre-approval of a future charge if it's really important.

First time that has ever happened to me. Have always ordered phones via the Verizon web site using that CC. Never once were they flagged for fraud alert. Of course, I had to call the bank and tell them it was not fraud so they don't freeze the account. They never care about my debit card. LOL

The bizarre part is they send me text messages. All in a matter on 1 minute, bank sent me a text saying suspicious activity and to call them to verify the charge, then right after that message it said the charge was denied. So how could I make the call in less than 1 minute to verify the charge?

stleusc

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Just got the reminder email. It's 300,000 total gear vrs and 35,000 gear s2s.... Argh

Seriously? 35k S2? That's not gonna last very long....
They advertised it like it would be a sure thing. When I called they even GUARANTEED me that I would get one.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Obviously, the communist knows everything...

You challenging me to a nuke off? I made the news this morning, friend!

First time that has ever happened to me. Have always ordered phones via the Verizon web site using that CC. Never once were they flagged for fraud alert. Of course, I had to call the bank and tell them it was not fraud so they don't freeze the account. They never care about my debit card. LOL

I've had that happen on a pre-order I did with a luxury brand a few years ago. It was a sold out item, so by the time I got everything worked out with the bank, the item had already gone to someone that was on the waiting list. After that incident, I've called in about every pre-order I've done.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I ordered for the second time on the 3rd after canceling the first one on the monthly plan. It to says it will ship on the 11th. No biggie for me, and won't call Verizon, and argue either. Not stressed at all, I'll get it eventually. Gives me more time to look for a good screen protector, read reviews, and enjoy life outside of a phone.

Watch it though my first cancelled order is where my husband's is shipping out of! Lol

Posted via the Android Central App

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
You challenging me to a nuke off? I made the news this morning, friend!

I've had that happen on a pre-order I did with a luxury brand a few years ago. It was a sold out item, so by the time I got everything worked out with the bank, the item had already gone to someone that was on the waiting list. After that incident, I've called in about every pre-order I've done.

I called the bank again to talk to CS and asked why they flagged that charge and not the charge for the rapid charger, which I also bought online from Verizon. A computer decides what is fraud and what isn't. No human is involved in making the decision. Stupid algorithms.

Colchicine

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
After hitting F5 on the UPS tracking website all day, at ~8:30pm EST I finally tracking info. I immediately set out to change the delivery location from my home where no one will be. First I had to verify my identity, but no matter which option I tried I got a "The system is not available..." BS. I mean... c'mon!
So I finally got it set for pick up at the UPS location, which is a central hub for the area and within walking distance of my office.

This phone better be worth it.

omahaorange

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well ok for mechanism of action, more like a DeWalt. But only the size of a Dremel.

We refer to it as the Black and Decker. Also in PA , got a couple funny stories using that device. This probably isn't the right place.

Back on topic, my phone (black) is somewhere between here and Memphis. Not worried about the promotion, Verizon sent me the watch when I pre-ordered the phone. I mentioned this to the store staff who waited on me today (returning the case she sent, wasn't what I wanted) and she said they could do that. Just curious, anybody else get the watch on the pre-order?

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
We refer to it as the Black and Decker. Also in PA , got a couple funny stories using that device. This probably isn't the right place.

Back on topic, my phone (black) is somewhere between here and Memphis. Not worried about the promotion, Verizon sent me the watch when I pre-ordered the phone. I mentioned this to the store staff who waited on me today (returning the case she sent, wasn't what I wanted) and she said they could do that. Just curious, anybody else get the watch on the pre-order?

???? You pre-ordered the phone online and Verizon sent you the watch already????? :eek:

ZMc1834

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So, I just got an email from Verizon informing me that they have yet to receive my trade-in device and I still needed to send it to them. Ha. I kind of need my new phone to be able to send in my old one.

Still no charge or shipping info on order from more of 2/25.

Posted via Android Central App

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
These are my ship dates I hope this make sense and maybe you guys can explain

2/23 phone order
S7 black - *shipped via Fedex 2 day*
s7 edge silver *processing* (ship date of 2/23)
Bank charged me 2/26
I cancelled this order 3/3 to order online
Invoices for both

3/3 online order
S7 black (ship date 3/7) *processing*
S7 edge black (ship date 3/7) *processing*
No shipment numbers but have invoices for both

I technically only have a shipping number for the one s7 (the cancelled order) package says it's 2#. Do you think it's possible that atleast one of the edges is in it? Do I not have a tracking number yet? Do you think they combined the two orders?

Posted via the Android Central App

jmm22

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Only 35,000 S2s has me worried. I was assured that I'd get one when I called to switch my plan to device payments. Their business account customer service is typically pretty good too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463