S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Still no tracking info on the s7e silver that got charged last night around 9:30, but the contract info for the new payment plan is there now.

My black s7 will be here tomorrow, I changed the delivery from home to my dispatch office so someone can sign for it and it's safe til I get there.

Colchicine

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I set up my phone and did the Samsung Gear Offer submittal.
Just some quick tips in case others run into the same bumps.

1) I tried the SmartSwitch for the first time with my S4. It would not work until I rebooted the S7 for the first time since initialization.
It's currently taking an hour to transfer everything.

2) The Gear offer, it's fairly straight forward but I wasn't sure if the purchase date they wanted would be the day I pre ordered it or the day VZW charged my card. You know, one little hiccup and they'll cancel the registration I'm sure. But I confirmed the date you should use is the day you pre ordered it.
Afterwards it said "Please allow approximately 4-6 weeks for review of your Offer Claim Submission. " Like, WTF, I really hope it won't take until nearly the end of April just to "review" my claim.

3) One thing I noticed is that within 60 seconds of turning the phone on for the first time the back was noticeably warm. I thought glass would be an insulator but it transferred the heat pretty quickly.

4) One thing I didn't like was the poor packaging by VZW. They left an inch gap on 2 sides around the Samsung box, with just a couple of air pouches. I could hear the phone box rattle around when the UPS lady picked it up. The phone is fine, but this is a $700 piece of sensitive electronics.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Mine looks like this! I can see my new edge agreement, my upgrade is gone off my line, and in the app it says shipping date 3/7. Already cleared bank account. But still says processing and no shipping info.

Posted via the Android Central App

I got my tracking number late in the day. Luckily the package had already started moving by the time I got my # and got to check.

Already did! He said you don't have to go get a QC battery in his unboxing video... tehehe. I hope a battery ships inside the phone!

ashmouth

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Finally received email confirmation from Verizon about my shipment on one order.......... although another order on my account when I check on my app says ..."order details are currently not available, please check back later...."

I will get my phone today before i even get an email telling me it shipped lol

Can you register for your freebies with the info on that email?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
But pee rhymes with bee. 8)

Hehe living it to your name I see... :p

THOSE IDIOTS CANCELLED MY ORDER!!!!!

Un-freaking-believable. Because I had wanted the number assigned to the phone to be mine and not my wife's (who is the one whose line is upgrade eligible).

So now I had to order all over again and guess what??? Delivery date is now listed as 3-31.

I can't believe how friggin' incompetent Vz is.

Seems Verizon is shipping out the S2 with the phones in rare cases for phone orders. See if you can cancel and place another order with the S2 included.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Has anyone received a S7 Edge in silver through Verizon yet?

When did you pre-order the silver? I ordered mine as soon as the pre-order went live on the 23rd. It's slated for delivery tomorrow.

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Just got my tracking info around 9 am, just waiting on the app to update letting me know exactly when.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
But pee rhymes with bee. 8)

Can you PLEASE PLEASE elaborate on this? I pre-ordered 3/5 how can we gey the S2 expedited?

There were a couple of folks that placed an order over the phone. The rep asked if they wanted the VR or the S2 and in the case of the S2, they were able to send one direct. Nothing 100% confirmed as they haven't posted pics or anything, but it's certainly worth a shot. Now mind you YMMV and you'll most likely get shot down before stumbling across a rep that can make it happen.

In psych's case though, an order error caused a delay for a phone he should've gotten before the offer is closed so he may have a better chance.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
App says order details not available. Web site says ship to store, store not available. So I called. They just read off the order page saying scheduled to ship on 11th and I should have shipping number 24-40 hours before it ships. I told my rep that some are getting S2 watch with order, will I? And she said yes. Shall we say my level of confidence is low.