S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Ok not to be a broken record but the thread is moving along today so I'll re-ask once, I'm not sure what to do about the SIM card and the new phone; it never even occurred to me until I saw Sangs post that he popped the SIM from his 6S+ into the S7. I've never even had to deal with that because I've had an iPhone since...well, my last android was an HTC Thunderbolt. So yeah lol. I've always imported contacts from the cloud and set my phone up as a new phone (I'm kinda OCD so I like to go through every setting and reset them all just right), so I've never switched a SIM card before.

Should I take the one from my iPhone? Or leave in the one that comes with the Galaxy? Is there a difference or is one recommended over the other?

Thanks everyone :)

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok not to be a broken record but the thread is moving along today so I'll re-ask once, I'm not sure what to do about the SIM card and the new phone; it never even occurred to me until I saw Sangs post that he popped the SIM from his 6S+ into the S7. I've never even had to deal with that because I've had an iPhone since...well, my last android was an HTC Thunderbolt. So yeah lol. I've always imported contacts from the cloud and set my phone up as a new phone (I'm kinda OCD so I like to go through every setting and reset them all just right), so I've never switched a SIM card before.

Should I take the one from my iPhone? Or leave in the one that comes with the Galaxy? Is there a difference or is one recommended over the other?

You can do it either way. If your contacts are on your SIM (if they even do that anymore) you might want to swap SIMs just so it will be easier to upload them. If you are coming from another android and use google contacts then when you sign in they should get imported.

I have everything on the cloud and it is all automatic for me.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Traitor! Please hold my lightsaber while I bust a Kylo...

Did they give you the pre-order bundle though? My local BB is handing them out with new purchases because it's still technically a pre-order.... of like 5 minutes.

I didn't ask for the VR. I already have a couple Google Cardboard ones I don't even use. VR's not my jam, so to speak. She gave me a 64 GB Sammy EVO+ SD card though. I didn't need it, but took it anyway. It's a nice phone. Cannot get over how small it is in comparison to my iPhone 6S+, but with the same screen size.

IMG_0700.jpg

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Ok so something I hadn't thought about, should we take the SIMs out of our iPhone 6s' and put them in the Galaxies or use the new SIMs from the s7's? What's the difference? Or does it matter?

Just use the old SIM.

Kim Jong has been on a roll. Do you sleep? And what will you do when this thread dies?

I'll just go back to threatening nuke attacks on a more frequent basis.

Annnnnd the Edge has landed!!!

RAGEEEEEEEEEE

lol i'm not on verizon yet so I can;'t even get the app I guess. At least it doesn't come up in the playstore

Have to be a Verizon customer to use the app.

Yep. I had the option for Overnight as well. Darn it!

Yeah... same here. FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Ok so something I hadn't thought about, should we take the SIMs out of our iPhone 6s' and put them in the Galaxies or use the new SIMs from the s7's? What's the difference? Or does it matter?

Annnnnd the Edge has landed!!!

lol i'm not on verizon yet so I can;'t even get the app I guess. At least it doesn't come up in the playstore

I didn't ask for the VR. I already have a couple Google Cardboard ones I don't even use. VR's not my jam, so to speak. She gave me a 64 GB Sammy EVO+ SD card though. I didn't need it, but took it anyway. It's a nice phone. Cannot get over how small it is in comparison to my iPhone 6S+, but with the same screen size.

View attachment 219153

Could've gotten it and given it to me... sad...

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I switch phones often and I'm also coming from an iPhone this time around. I plan on just popping my iPhone SIM into my edge. The advantage to doing it this way is that it'll activate immediately and you don't have to worry about contacting Verizon for the activation. There are no disadvantages as far as I'm aware.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

If you use iCloud for Contacts and Calendars, I would take this time while you're waiting for the S7E to sync them to a Google account. Then once you sign in with that Google account, everything will be there. I have an app on Mac called "Contact Sync for Google Mail." Keeps my iCloud and Gmail contacts in perfect sync. You can download it from the Mac App Store. Oh and it really is that easy. You can move the SIM card back and forth between the two - which is what I tend to do. Sometimes I wake up in an Android mood and sometimes in an iOS mood. :)

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
You can do it either way. If your contacts are on your SIM (if they even do that anymore) you might want to swap SIMs just so it will be easier to upload them. If you are coming from another android and use google contacts then when you sign in they should get imported.

I have everything on the cloud and it is all automatic for me.

Fair enough. We actually already switched everything over to Google in anticipation of the new phones, so all my contacts are already there, we are using the Google calendar, and Gmail is already my primary email, so I'll probably just leave the new SIM in.

One other question. When I add contacts on my phone, will they automatically sync to Google? And vice versa if I add contacts through the computer?

puddlejumper32

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I hope my Galaxy s7 Edge(silver, titanium) shows up tomorrow earlier rather than later so I can set it up and use it during the day. Mine is being shipped by FedEx BTW

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough. We actually already switched everything over to Google in anticipation of the new phones, so all my contacts are already there, we are using the Google calendar, and Gmail is already my primary email, so I'll probably just leave the new SIM in.

One other question. When I add contacts on my phone, will they automatically sync to Google? And vice versa if I add contacts through the computer?

When you go through the setup process you will be asked if you want to sync your contacts to your Gmail account and you can turn this option on/off in the account settings.

zainsikander32

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Anybody exprience this regarding these pre-orders. If so what eventually happened and in how long? I already had my pre-order that I placed on the 23rd at 8 am cancelled thanks to Verizon's crappy system. My other two shipped though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 15630.jpg
    15630.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 98

ZMc1834

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My tracking number just had a ping for origin scan in Memphis. I'm in Ohio. Getting antsy.

No listing for scheduled delivery yet.

Posted via Android Central App

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Anybody exprience this regarding these pre-orders. If so what eventually happened and in how long? I already had my pre-order that I placed on the 23rd at 8 am cancelled thanks to Verizon's crappy system. My other two shipped though.

Posted via the Android Central App

I got that for a few hours before my tracking # was displayed.

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Thank you all so much! I really appreciate it.

I'm having a lot of new-OS related anxiety if you can't tell lol. I want to make sure I have mostly an idea what I'm doing so I can quickly get the basics set up. The phone is arriving tomorrow while I'm on shift, so I'm going to go pick it up from my dispatch office and immediately get it going (if I have the chance) so I can do the S2 offer and also the Samsung Pay offer. Problem is, if I get a call while I'm playing with my new toy, off I have to run. So I want to make sure I can at least make a phone call/have my contacts and have the UPMC EMS app on it in case things go wild for me lol. Everything else is optional.

Luckily my partner tomorrow has an S6 and my partner Thursday has a Note so I can get a lot of hands-on help from them.

sfldg

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
has anyone had success calling cs and finding out why the app doesnt display order info anymore? at this rate i dont even know that il get it on Friday

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Thank you all so much! I really appreciate it.

I'm having a lot of new-OS related anxiety if you can't tell lol. I want to make sure I have mostly an idea what I'm doing so I can quickly get the basics set up. The phone is arriving tomorrow while I'm on shift, so I'm going to go pick it up from my dispatch office and immediately get it going (if I have the chance) so I can do the S2 offer and also the Samsung Pay offer. Problem is, if I get a call while I'm playing with my new toy, off I have to run. So I want to make sure I can at least make a phone call/have my contacts and have the UPMC EMS app on it in case things go wild for me lol. Everything else is optional.

Luckily my partner tomorrow has an S6 and my partner Thursday has a Note so I can get a lot of hands-on help from them.

You sure know how to push my buttons... rawr.

paulphilly

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Pre-ordered 2/29 silver titanium Edge...Verizon App says "order details are currently unavailable. Please check back later (99503)"......can someone translate please? ☺️