S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
2/29 Silver still processing. Any 2/28 or sooner orders processed? I am so close to canceling my Silver and Pre-ordering the black as it still has a 3/11 ship date and will probably get delivered to me 20 minutes after purchase :)

I thought I saw a couple of 2/28 and 29 folks. Not a lot though. Gear S2 a must? Otherwise.. BB and people can have a phone right now. In your case, a week before the launch of the S8, whether you go to a BB or not :p.

What are your must haves apps, things to do new out of box. Coming from a droid.

Posted via the Android Central App

I played around with Package Disabler Pro today on my Note 5 and I am in love. This is definitely a must-have.

Disable bloatware (PDP is a godsend!)
Change application permissions and notifications
Apply theme
Ringtones
Wallpapers
Reconnect Gear S2

Ah too much to list. All I know is I'll be gone for about 2 hours after the phone is delivered tomorrow.

Bull. Korea doesn't have enough technology to know who I work for.

Ahem... SONY... *cough* I don't admit to anything...

My S7 edge is now at a FedEx sorting facility literally five miles from my condo.

Grrr. I hope that means early delivery.

Closer you live to the sorting facility, the longer it takes!

Bikerbeast

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
2/29 Silver still processing. Any 2/28 or sooner orders processed? I am so close to canceling my Silver and Pre-ordering the black as it still has a 3/11 ship date and will probably get delivered to me 20 minutes after purchase :)

Ups says my Silver will be here tomorrow 3/9... I ordered on 2/26

Note the app gave me a tracking number.... The link that I got in my order confirmation email still says shipping on 3/11.....
Personally I believe Ups on this one.

puddlejumper32

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I completely understand you don't understand.

1. I'm sure you'll get one if you're getting your phone if you're getting the phone tomorrow or the day after that.

2. ILLUMINATI!

3. I wouldn't hold my breath for the Samsung browser or WhitePages. If they do come around, it'll take awhile. Thank Verizon for that crap. Stupid Verizon.

4. Spigen cases are dirt cheap on Amazon. They also work well. http://www.amazon.com/Spigen®-Resil...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5043786
Drosul didn't order until 3/5 he waited until then? Give me a break he shouldn't get a gift for waiting for so long.

rflores5432

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Your phone is one small box hand stacked on either a 53' or 28' trailer. There is currently no way for them to find your box and get it to you before tomorrow. The trailers probably won't start processing until around 3-4 tomorrow morning but you can pick it up at the center probably after 9 when the sort is down and the trucks roll

Thank you weirdohappy. So this particular ups location is a distribution center and is only open for 3 hours a day from 3:30 pm until 6:30 pm. Do you think I can just go back online and cancel the pick up and it will just go back to being delivered early tomorrow or would it be too late and possibly mess things up?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I will run down there in the morning and give them "the look" until they give me my device. Or I can request to hold it there on the FedEx app, which I already did.

hqdefault.jpg

Mine decided to be picked up and hang out in Memphis the last 36 hours.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

Do you live in Memphis though?

Drosul didn't order until 3/5 he waited until then? Give me a break he shouldn't get a gift for waiting for so long.

Whoa he waited until then? Uhm... GL getting a S2?

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Mine decided to be picked up and hang out in Memphis the last 36 hours.

Mine did the same thing. I'm guessing Verizon had two trailers they were loading and only one left the warehouse yesterday. I think mine got on the second one, though it left Louisville this afternoon around 3:30

puddlejumper32

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Preordered on 3-5. Black GS7E

Have a UPS tracking # as of 1pm today, although nothing to report on actual tracking or estimated delivery date....Likely means that the phone was merely scanned and on the VZW truck to be sent to UPS for sorting in Memphis, but not actually in UPS' possession yet.

Haven't really seen if anyone has a newer preorder than 3/5 actually getting sent out, so figured it was worth mentioning =)

As for some side notes.....

1. I'm going to be massively upset if I don't end up getting that smart watch from the promo.... I had 2 different VZW CSRs confirm that I would... and truth be told, that promo was the ONLY reason I'm upgrading my phone at all, since I'm planning on selling the watch on Ebay to help cover the additional cost of the phone. And as far as I'm concerned, if Samsung cheaps out on the watches, those two CSRs make Verizon liable for my watch.... or the price difference thereof. Also I wonder if Samsung's recent editing of the fine print, from 300,000 units to 35,000 watches.... just means that they are honoring watches for preorders before they changed the fine print, and that only 35,000 remained after editing.

2. I find it entirely too suspicious that I was having tons of problems with my relatively ancient Galaxy Nexus the past month or so (which is what was prompting me to even look at finally using my upgrade).... including loss of data connection, frequent device crashes crashes, and general device sluggishness.... Since confirming my order for the GS7E, however, my GNEX has miraculously started working flawlessly again.... :confused:

3. Samsung Pay, WhitePages, and Samsung Stock browser hopefully we can get working versions going on the 11th

4. I need a cheap case that provides actual drop protection... I've seen a few of the leather ones that are half wallets for $5-$15.... anyone confirm they do ok vs Drops?
You waited until 3/5 to pre-order? Quit your complaining. I ordered way before you and I'm not complaining.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Mine did the same thing. I'm guessing Verizon had two trailers they were loading and only one left the warehouse yesterday. I think mine got on the second one, though it left Louisville this afternoon around 3:30

I just noticed mine shipped too. That's a long dang drive to Montana.

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Thank you weirdohappy. So this particular ups location is a distribution center and is only open for 3 hours a day from 3:30 pm until 6:30 pm. Do you think I can just go back online and cancel the pick up and it will just go back to being delivered early tomorrow or would it be too late and possibly mess things up?

From my understanding you can change the delivery option up until they start processing the preload, which is when they unload the trailer and start loading the brown trucks. So you should be fine as long as you do it before like 2:30 am

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
WOA a cheap case for an 800 phone?! Now even I being the penny pincher I am knows that you need to spend more than 10-15 on a case- not to mention screen protection. It makes me sick to see people don't take the extra money and get a case and a screen protector for their phones- and you're worried about getting a galaxy gear?! Ack!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08