S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I preordered the S7E in silver on 3/4 with a CSR because the website was having an issue with me paying my Note 4 to 75% so I could edge up... My verizon showed 11/17/1858 for shipping, but since 7am yesterday just says "Order details are not currently available, please try again later." My credit card hasn't been charged yet. One of those oh so reliable CSR reps told me I'd have my phone by the end of the week, but website is still showing 3/31 ship date. I knew when I ordered that since I was a bit late to the pre-order party and too damn stubborn to give up my Silver Titanium pipe dream, I'd have to wait a bit longer. Unfortunately I let the rep give me some intense (probably false) hope I'd still get mine this week like all the cool kids. Anyone have any insight as to when I should actually expect my new toy?

If I'm not mistaken, I could've sworn the silver was dated to be delivered by 3/31 on Verizon's site before the 4th of this month.

Package one of many delivered today. Not a phone yet though :-(

Posted via the Android Central App

Pants?

Okay I bought it. :D The link you gave me yesterday was from a third party seller. I just wanted to use my prime shipping LOL.

Glad you were smart enough to find it direct from Amazon! I would've been tad disappointed if you just bought it without checking which retailers are selling on the phone. Pro Amazonian detected.

rechvanny

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
You can wait for the Incipio 15W Ghost. Our phones support 15W charging so it's the fastest you can get. Sadly, no reputable 15W Qi chargers on Amazon right now. Grab a cheapo 10W for now if you don't want to wait.

Hell yeah! I'm waiting for that too! Sadly the Samsung wireless chargers aren't 15W, even the new inclined one.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I still think that there will be legal recourse that could be taken, for example even now they are STILL promoting it on the front of verizonwireless.com and it literally says "get a free gear s2 or gear vr with purchase of a new s7 or s7 edge" I have purchased one, online, and submitted everything they wanted. No mention on their website of only a select number of watches. They are advertising it as a done deal: you buy this from us online and we will give you your choice of an additional item. I did my part. They better do theirs

I saved a copy of the original terms and conditions and it only mentions a limit of 300,000 total gifts on that document. No per item limit as the new one has.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I guess I will get this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NWMI07S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and wait for more fast chargers to come out.

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Char...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5045862

$2 more and you can have a 10W charger. Still a fast charger, just not the fastest our phones can support.

Edit: Pad doesn't like the S7 wall adapter for some reason. Gotta get one from Aukey or another QC 2.0 adapter.

rechvanny

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Pay is also running an offer from 3/11-31. Use Samsung Pay for the first time, get a $30 gift card!

Supposedly Samsung is doing a free car charger for activating Samsung Pay on the 11th. Might want to wait 2 more days, get the free car charger, use Pay for 1st time, get $30 gift card and spend that on a Qi charger at BB.

Clarification, I got the free non-fast wireless charger offer by activating the Samsung Pay app (via apk since the Verizon S7/Edge aren't yet "compatible" with Samsung Pay). That was activated but "use Samsung pay for the first time" and if I do that on 3/11 then I can also get in on the gift card?

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I saved a copy of the original terms and conditions and it only mentions a limit of 300,000 total gifts on that document. No per item limit as the new one has.

I bet I have that pdf saved on my old phone too. Like somebody else said earlier, let's not freak out until a freak out is warranted

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Clarification, I got the free non-fast wireless charger offer by activating the Samsung Pay app (via apk since the Verizon one's aren't yet compatible with the S7/Edge). That was activated but "use Samsung pay for the first time" and if I do that on 3/11 then I can also get in on the gift card?

Yes. If you use Samsung Pay for the first time, you get a $30 gift card.

I've done this and can tell you it's the real deal. I got a free Samsung wireless charger for activating Samsung Pay last year. Then, I got a $50 BB gift card for using it for the first time. Seems it's the same thing this time around, except they lowered it by $20.

Stigasteve23

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
The app updated a couple hours before anything hit on the websites just fyi might want to check that if you have access to the app

Thanks I had to update my verizon app and it shows shipped , and now the link to the Web shows it shipped yesterday too...weird. Tracking number isn't found in the system tho but I think fedex is having problems. It's crazy how buggy all the systems are. ..thanks again for your input

Posted via the Android Central App

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

That is correct, the fine print was changed after I went to register my device on March 3rd...... I took a screen shot of fine print and printed out terms last week and this week when I noticed the back orders of the silver s7 I went back to check the fine print and it had been changed....... it doesn't take long to point out the major difference............. the first image is the current terms from Sec 4. and 2nd image is fine print from same section last week when promo went live......

The orig terms were the basic, offer valid until March 31 or while supplies last........ current terms now state only offer good until 35,000 gone.... which makes a huge difference now that many people have found out many might not ship until March 31..... it is now a lottery and not a promo with that additional info added.... for example if a general guestimate was they had 6 or 7 million preorders the last 2 wweks would mean only about 1 in 200 people that register will hit the lottery...(rough estimate)..... for reference the Iphone 6 phones had over 6 milion preorders in 24 hours... granted thats across all carriers and not just verizon but it is a 24hr time frame not 2 weeks.......inserting the 35,000 limit into the terms after the promo started gives them all kinds of wiggle room now to deal with

Attachments

• orig s2 print.JPG
    orig s2 print.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 94
  • promo terms chnged.JPG
    promo terms chnged.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

cbugzeee

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I still think that there will be legal recourse that could be taken, for example even now they are STILL promoting it on the front of verizonwireless.com and it literally says "get a free gear s2 or gear vr with purchase of a new s7 or s7 edge" I have purchased one, online, and submitted everything they wanted. No mention on their website of only a select number of watches. They are advertising it as a done deal: you buy this from us online and we will give you your choice of an additional item. I did my part. They better do theirs

I'm also disgusted by the way it was marketed... and continues to be marketed. Legal recourse sounds absurd, but I could absolutely saddle, groom, and polish that pony and ride it. In the immortal words of Big Worm, "Playing with my money is like playing with my emotions... " principalities involved here. I do have a friend who appealed a $35 late fee (for paying a $15 parking ticket) all the way to Va's supremest court. Principalities.

Of course, all of this annoyance is based on the premise that there are only 30k watches and that most of us will not get one. That leaves us all with the feeling that we have "been had." And I don't know about everyone else, but my inner dork gets all up in arms over that. Like you, my impression at this point is that it is more like a raffle for the watch. And that would be absolutely fine *if* - even if it were in fine print - the offer said, "Chance in winning: 1 in 10,000." or whatever... But the site strongly implies - "Buy an s7 -> get a watch." I did read the contest info before ordering, and I also contacted VZW via chat because the S2 was not listed or implied under the promo site when I was getting ready to order. They kept assuring me that it was essentially a given... and then later, during chats about the 3/31 date, they kept *guaranteeing* that even if it shipped on the 31st, I would have an email with "everything needed to qualify" for the claim. Again, though, when I clarified, they emphasized *qualify* for the offer, not receive the s2.

Here's the thing... here 'tis... rightchea: I like the phone. I'd have ordered the phone anyway, I believe. BUT once they sold me on the idea of a free S2, I expected that to be part of the package. And thus it will seem that they stole something if it's not. And that easily could have been avoided had they simply not oversold the promo.

Again... all premised on the belief that most of us will not get a Super 2 cool freebie.

brivera91

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I ordered my silver s7e on 3/1 and it is still processing. As far as this forums goes it looks like people who order 2/29 are getting shipment info as of last night. So hopefully mine is tonight.

rechvanny

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else here feel that there is some horrible lag going on with the S7 Edge as opposed to the S6 Edge+? The S6 Edge+ is smooth as butter but with the S7 Edge I can feel the stutter and esp with swiping away "recent tasks" cards. It would register my swipe away as "choosing" the tab to be my active window. Chrome is pretty laggy as well. Never felt that with the S6 Edge+. I'm thinking it's all the fault of the microSD even though I have the SanDisk 200GB one and not the "problematic" ones.

paulphilly

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I ordered my silver s7e on 3/1 and it is still processing. As far as this forums goes it looks like people who order 2/29 are getting shipment info as of last night. So hopefully mine is tonight.

Correct, I ordered my Silver 2/29 and my credit card was charged last night and my Verizon app updated to shipped 3/8/16. However, I have not yet received a tracking number or any shipping informatoin. Since you ordered 3/1, I still think you should get your phone by Friday. You will probably get an update today with your CC charged and the phone shipped.

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else here feel that there is some horrible lag going on with the S7 Edge as opposed to the S6 Edge+? The S6 Edge+ is smooth as butter but with the S7 Edge I can feel the stutter and esp with swiping away "recent tasks" cards. It would register my swipe away as "choosing" the tab to be my active window. Chrome is pretty laggy as well. Never felt that with the S6 Edge+. I'm thinking it's all the fault of the microSD even though I have the SanDisk 200GB one and not the "problematic" ones.

This probably isn't the thread for a question like this - might be better to ask in the first impressions thread that has been started. This thread has been derailed enough times as it is...lol.

renji5471

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
How long did it take other people here to get their tracking number to work? My phone shipped out and when I try to look at the tracking number it says "UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later. "

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I noticed it at first, enough that it very much concerned me. But now that most everything has updated its starting to get silky smooth.

anoiel1220

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
so FedEx had this warning and my phone hasn't moved from Memphis yet

FedEx Express National Service Disruption
Last updated: March 9, 2016
FedEx Express experienced substantial flight and sort disruptions at the Memphis hub last night due to thunderstorms and strong winds. Potential delays are possible for package deliveries across the U.S. with a delivery commitment of March 9, 2016. FedEx is committed to provide service to the best of our ability. Please continue to check fedex.com for updates.
Continue to check the status of your shipments on fedex.com or go to fedex.com for updates to FedEx Service Alerts. You can also contact FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339.

ZMc1834

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
FYI for those who just got their phones and those still waiting, Spigen cases are back on sale on Amazon for $5 or less. See front page article for promo codes.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781