S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

jboogie1289

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Preorder's for s7 edge on Verizon
report here

You preorder to get a phone on release day to increase that chance you have one and they don't get sold out. Big V never promised you would get it early. It sucks other have their toys to play with early and we are still waiting, but thus is life.

But the thing is sure, you're making sure one is available but that doesn't change the fact that they're on sale in store days before you get your device. Not fair or cool at all. I'll never preorder again for any phone. My previous soon to be replaced devices are in perfect working order so I can take my chances in store. Just my Opinion...........................

jmm22

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I was told they don't have any Gear S2 in stock because they don't sell it. But they'll start selling it after 3/31, which is coincidentally when the Gear S2 expires. My guess is they artifically froze the Gear S2 sales so that people can't complain about getting screwed and have reps give them a replacement. It's very unethical and leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I'm being lied to. You can't lie to a liar (lawyer joke).

This was the business customer service too, which is typically very good. They also seemed clueless. It's frustrating when I pay over $1,000 month for my business plan and know more than their own employees.

Debating returning the phone. Unfortunately there's not much else to choose from. My Note 4 is too big for my suits and I want a smaller phone, but there's not much that can compete with the S7E specs. I think I just want to return it out of spite at this point. I guess I'll give it a few more days.

Posted via the Android Central App

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I was told they don't have any Gear S2 in stock because they don't sell it. But they'll start selling it after 3/31, which is coincidentally when the Gear S2 expires. My guess is they artifically froze the Gear S2 sales so that people can't complain about getting screwed and have reps give them a replacement. It's very unethical and leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I'm being lied to. You can't lie to a liar (lawyer joke).

This was the business customer service too, which is typically very good. They also seemed clueless. It's frustrating when I pay over $1,000 month for my business plan and know more than their own employees.

Debating returning the phone. Unfortunately there's not much else to choose from. My Note 4 is too big for my suits and I want a smaller phone, but there's not much that can compete with the S7E specs. I think I just want to return it out of spite at this point. I guess I'll give it a few more days.

verizon has plenty of s2's - they don't start selling the s2 classic until the 31st, this is another instance of csr's not having a clue what is going on....

but then this is a samsung promotion for the free s2's not verizon

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I submitted a claim last night and it specifically said gear S2 in my email. Another phone coming in today. I hope I can still get another gear s2. I guess we'll see.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Yea im pretty irritated at the matter. I specifically made sure I selected S2 on both submissions. I made extra sure I selected it on the second one after seeing the first confirmation email.

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site

I know you said before that they can do this (change rules/add limits mid promotion), I wondered if you can elaborate more as to how it's OK (legally). Their site is still advertising the promo even now, and I feel like the wording is pretty clear on that site that "if you buy, you receive"

sumner929

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Yea im pretty irritated at the matter. I specifically made sure I selected S2 on both submissions. I made extra sure I selected it on the second one after seeing the first confirmation email.

Same here, I specifically remember making sure I checked gear S2 yet the email says gear VR. I also got one from best buy so I'm going to try again using that IMEI and MAc address with my verizon receipt. I doubt it'll work but a man can dream.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Same here, I specifically remember making sure I checked gear S2 yet the email says gear VR. I also got one from best buy so I'm going to try again using that IMEI and MAc address with my verizon receipt. I doubt it'll work but a man can dream.

And we also know people after us are getting S2 confirmation emails.

4truegrit

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Here's the route my silver S7 Edge took. Ordered Feb 23rd... it fell off the radar for awhile like some others.. finally updated a couple hours ago 2 having arrived locally now out for delivery. At home waiting for it to arrive ..

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, mine was just delivered, I get off at 5, so a few more hours. This thread was ridiculous, I can finally stop reading it : )

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm messing with it and giving the long charge. Plus, my 22,000 text messages were still transferring over the buddy bumping link lol. Buddy bumping = Android Beam haha.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

Whoa that's a lot of texts. I hate texting so whenever someone texts me, I just call them over and over again until they pick up. Do that a few times and they stop texting. PROFIT!

Eeeeeeekkkkkkkkk mine should come today!!!!

Bet that's not the only thing that's coming today... pants? Or were the pants yesterday?

Well I have returned from the land of ridiculous psychiatric patients needing an ambulance, and I LOVE this phone! I think I got it mostly sorted out yesterday, now just getting things looking the way I want them to today. The hubby's phone should be getting dropped off to his work in the next few hours! I absolutely LOVE the screen on this, it puts Apple to shame. The AoD is pretty awesome too actually. I went through 2 full battery charges yesterday, so we will see how today fares. Its been off the charger for an hour and I'm down 6% so that makes me a little nervous, but maybe I still have some tweaking to do. I like a lot of notifications too so I'm sure that's playing into it as well.

Give it a few days to simmer down and really get into its groove. A week from now is when the battery will really come into its own.

My shipping is sooo behind on the tracking! Just now says husband's phone is delivered

No no, my phone was delivered yesterday.

We've only had a few inches, no where near what Louisiana is dealing with right now.

I'll be in Florida next month. Looking forward to some nice weather.

Can you give me a lift in your boat Kim Jong?
View attachment 219509

It's powered by a nuke! Will that be okay with you?

My patients went nuts last night and my S8E Chrome literally sat on my chart computer untouched all night. Now I'm getting ready to go to bed. Of all the horrors.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

Use your S8E to transport them back to 1858 bebe!

How have any of you been able to apply for the free gear S2 without the MAC and IMEI??

No. Even if you managed to somehow get around the system and submit a claim with the WIFI MAC and IMEI, it would be denied anyway because you didn't submit all the information requested.

rvgraham

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
YAAAYYYY!!! Mine's shipping!

Except I cancelled it two nights ago when I found out I could walk into Best Buy and walk out with my brand new S7 Edge without any preorder nonsense and get the Gear VR, a 64Gig Samsung MicroSD and a $200 store gift coupon.

I was almost sure canceling the order wasn't going to work any better than the original order had (the one that's shipping is a second order).

Verizon always lives up to its nickname: Big Bad Red.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
i would be curious what other peoples said as well.... Kim?

Mine says Gear S2. There was only 35K so I wouldn't be surprised if they ran out of them yesterday.

Ok so I have my UAG case and I do like it, but it doesn't give me any "anti-slip" if that makes any sense. I have a bad habit of setting my phone down on dashboards, toilet tanks...pretty much anywhere I can balance it really lol. Anyone have any suggestions for a lightweight case, preferably single-layer that has some kinda rubbery grip to it? I like the Speck candyshell grip, but I don't like any of the colors they have out for the S7.

My husband insisted he would be ok waiting for his UAG to arrive for his edge, but his second text to me today was "I need a case". lol

Artech 21 cases have a nice texture on the back. Should help.http://www.amazon.com/Artech-21-Sho...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5049305

slacker74

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
So I have a chat with a sales rep and he says my phone will arrive 3/13, I say thats a Sunday.......silence.
Then he says I'm sorry it will be 3/15, I say why the 2 day difference.....silence.
End of chat session, he gone.
Few sandwiches short of a picnic!