S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

rechvanny

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
What swiping? are you talking about all you tabs showing up separately?

If so you can fix that.

Here's how you bring Chrome tabs back into the app and out of your recent apps screen:

Open Chrome
Open its menu by tapping on the three little dots in the upper corner
Hit Settings
Open "Merge tabs and apps" and switch it to "Off"

How to remove Chrome tabs from your recent apps list (Android 5.0 Lollipop guide)

No, I'm not talking about the Chrome "merge tabs and apps" thing... I've already switched that off as soon as I opened Chrome. I'm bugged more about the not-so-smooth or the not-so-sensitive swiping away apps in the recent tasks/open apps rolodex UI. It sometimes translates swipe away as tapping so it opens the app in the foreground instead of "closing" it.

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I have a preorder for the S7 Edge Silver with VZW. Order date 3/2 expected ship date 3/31. I would prefer the S2 watch, but apparently that might not an option anymore? Also, I've been getting conflicting info from VZW reps saying that there I won't get a VR either? They point the finger at it being Samsung's promo so it's not their fault, but it sucks that other carriers delivered before launch day and now VZW customers get screwed because it's on backorder... I won't be able to redeem the promo without the physical phone. Do people think I should just try to find one in store tomorrow and then cancel my preorder and try to redeem on with Samsung for the VR if that's all that's left?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hubby is kind of digging the edge. Maybe tomorrow he will switch to the edge that's coming. Now to get all my stuff where I want it! How I want it log in to everything. I have one flaw in my screen protector trying to decide if it's worth removing it or if I can just deal.

Posted via the Android Central App

I have a feeling my hubby will feel the same when I get my edge tomorrow. He hates the size of my iPhone 6 Plus says its huge, but from what I'm seeing and hearing the s7e is nowhere near the size of the 6 plus

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I have a preorder for the S7 Edge Silver with VZW. Order date 3/2 expected ship date 3/31. I would prefer the S2 watch, but apparently that might not an option anymore? Also, I've been getting conflicting info from VZW reps saying that there I won't get a VR either? They point the finger at it being Samsung's promo so it's not their fault, but it sucks that other carriers delivered before launch day and now VZW customers get screwed because it's on backorder... I won't be able to redeem the promo without the physical phone. Do people think I should just try to find one in store tomorrow and then cancel my preorder and try to redeem on with Samsung for the VR if that's all that's left?

I would, or cancel it and go to a Best Buy ASAP if you're good with the VR as your promotional gift. You get lots of goodies from Best Buy. If you're not hooked on the S2, let it go.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

slacker74

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm letting mine ride, not so concerned with the promotion. Afraid if I cancel my order I will be that much longer without a new phone.

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I checked my local BB tonight and they showed me the locked case of phones for tomorrow. Apparently, there isn't a single silver edge available. They also swore over and over that I would lose my UDP by going with device payments. VZW swears that I won't lose the unlimited data since the increase in November. This whole situation is just frustrating when VZW Best Buy and Samsung all point fingers at each other and claim the other is untrained and not knowledgable.

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm letting mine ride, not so concerned with the promotion. Afraid if I cancel my order I will be that much longer without a new phone.

That's my other thought slacker74. I just talked to VZW customer service and asked if there was any chance the preorder ship date would change to before 3/31 due to people canceling their preorders and I was told.

"No chance, it's not our fault Samsung didn't produce enough. If anything it will change to an April ship date as we approach 3/31."

Just frustrating.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Is there a way to change the touch button functions on the s7e long pressing the "left" button brings up split screen and one of my favorite apps needs that button to go into settings like the galaxy tab... Any way to customize that button? Sorry if this is confusing and in the wrong place ;)

Posted via S7E Chrome

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I picked up the one and only clear UAG and only UAG in the store at my Verizon Authorized Retailer and was bummed about the frosted honey combing on the back that UAG has always had.

Then the very bright lighting of the store struck the back with such majestic beauty that I don't regret the buy at all. I was like "oh em gee" I love the phone harder.

That's the same way I feel about you... Maybe...

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge SM-935V

paulphilly

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a feeling my hubby will feel the same when I get my edge tomorrow. He hates the size of my iPhone 6 Plus says its huge, but from what I'm seeing and hearing the s7e is nowhere near the size of the 6 plus

I currently have the 6s plus and have held the S7 Edge in my hands at the Verizon store earlier this week. It's actually unreal how much better the S7 Edge feels in my hand. What's even more hard to believe is that they both have the same size screen. I have small hands -no jokes please :)- and one thing that has always bothered me about the iPhone 6s plus is the size. Apple did not do a good job of minimizing the real estate to make the phone ergonomic. My new silver S7 Edge will be delivered tomorrow before 4pm. Super excited!!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I picked up the one and only clear UAG and only UAG in the store at my Verizon Authorized Retailer and was bummed about the frosted honey combing on the back that UAG has always had.

Then the very bright lighting of the store struck the back with such majestic beauty that I don't regret the buy at all. I was like "oh em gee" I love the phone harder.

Can you please post some pictures of the UAG? Would love to see it.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I currently have the 6s plus and have held the S7 Edge in my hands at the Verizon store earlier this week. It's actually unreal how much better the S7 Edge feels in my hand. What's even more hard to believe is that they both have the same size screen. I have small hands -no jokes please :)- and one thing that has always bothered me about the iPhone 6s plus is the size. Apple did not do a good job of minimizing the real estate to make the phone ergonomic. My new silver S7 Edge will be delivered tomorrow before 4pm. Super excited!!

You asked for it. Deadpool.

Attachments

• 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 64

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
You know you're swooning from my serenade. All the lady comrades can't resist my nuke powered love songs.

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge SM-935V

LOL until there's more than one lady comrade involved and you come in like a wrecking ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance