S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

keri2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much anyone that ordered on or after 3/01, I believe. I pre-ordered on 3/4 over the phone and it still shows as only processing. You might get lucky and have a store in your area that has one, your best bet would be Best Buy. A rep at the closest one (2 1/2 hours away) checked their system for me this am, but the only one that had any was 5 hours away. I called 15 Verizon stores within 3 hours of me, but none had any stock.

Posted via the Android Central App

I ordered on the 6th and got my gold S7 edge on the 11th.

GinjaNinja917

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I ordered on the 6th and got my gold S7 edge on the 11th.

Life would be easier if I wasn't so damn stubborn, but I am and my heart is set on silver, so I'm SOL until they get more in.

Reading the threads here about how awesome it is is torturous, I'm so jealous!

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge - Verizon preorders are live.

Couple of things caught my eye in the manual, but this one especially. Seems to indicate that WiFi Calling will be available out of the box, doesn't it? I was hoping the S7 variants would get the S6 treatment.

Advanced Calling
Enjoy high definition voice and video calling from Verizon.
To upgrade to Advanced Calling:
1. From a Home screen, tap Apps > Settings.
2. Tap Advanced calling > Activate advanced calling, and follow the instructions to upgrade.
3. Tap Advanced calling, and tap On/O to enable the feature.
4. Activate Wi-Fi calling to use Wi-Fi when the mobile network is not available.

I'm new to Verizon can you tell me what the point of WiFi calling would be?

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Alright what the heck one more question... ;) is everyone doing the $30 gift card offer for Samsung Pay or do you think something better is coming soon?

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge - Verizon preorders are live.

I'm new to Verizon can you tell me what the point of WiFi calling would be?

If you're in a poor cell reception area but have wifi you have a back up. It's been out for some time on non Verizon carriers. They needed it more. Verizon has way more infrastructure, especially in the boondocks.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Also I saw some talk of doze not working with always on display... Does it work with night clock on?

My doze worked awesome with the AOD. Only 2% battery drain. Last night I tried night clock and I'm down 13% right off the bat.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone I have a question regarding videos. How do you guys send videos to friends via mms? I sent a slow motion video I took to a friend and it is all blurry and pixelated on their end. Imessage kept the quality of the video and didn't compress it

I use a messaging app called telegram. It would be nice if hangouts allowed you to send videos but it doesn't. No matter how much you adjust the quality level, it's still gonna suck through MMS. Apple is smart by having imesssge which bypasses the need for MMS. You could probably email it to other people too.
Alright what the heck one more question... ;) is everyone doing the $30 gift card offer for Samsung Pay or do you think something better is coming soon?

I did the 30 dollar offer. I don't know if anything better is going to come along. Especially since I've already been signed up and made my first transaction a year ago. In the past, I got a free wireless charger. I didn't think I'd ever be eligible for another promotion so I jumped on this one.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I use a messaging app called telegram. It would be nice if hangouts allowed you to send videos but it doesn't. No matter how much you adjust the quality level, it's still gonna suck through MMS. Apple is smart by having imesssge which bypasses the need for MMS. You could probably email it to other people too.

I did the 30 dollar offer. I don't know if anything better is going to come along. Especially since I've already been signed up and made my first transaction a year ago. In the past, I got a free wireless charger. I didn't think I'd ever be eligible for another promotion so I jumped on this one.

I'm just going to wait. The headphones before this were pretty sweet. I don't have a need to use samsung pay right away anyways