S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Do you still get the promotional stuff though?

Not to be a buzz kill, just a reality check. The samsung promo was for 300,00 vr devices, the other carriers had phones a week before big red and 35,000 s2's with verizon. The samsung promo page says while supplies last. If you are holding out for a silver and hoping to cash in on the promo, I am not positive that is going to happen. I think if you go to a BB you can get a phone (maybe not silver) and walk out with a vr and a 64gb sd card on the spot.

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Not to be a buzz kill, just a reality check. The samsung promo was for 300,00 vr devices, the other carriers had phones a week before big red and 35,000 s2's with verizon. The samsung promo page says while supplies last. If you are holding out for a silver and hoping to cash in on the promo, I am not positive that is going to happen. I think if you go to a BB you can get a phone (maybe not silver) and walk out with a vr and a 64gb sd card on the spot.

Per samsung, each carrier had their own stash of promo items. So one carrier launching before another doesn't matter. That being said, you are correct anyone who dosent have a phone from Verizon by now is likely to miss out. Though some people have heard from reps that prizelogic and samsung are working on a solution to the problem of phones shipping late.

Posted via the Android Central App

ckim0024

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Per samsung, each carrier had their own stash of promo items. So one carrier launching before another doesn't matter. That being said, you are correct anyone who dosent have a phone from Verizon by now is likely to miss out. Though some people have heard from reps that prizelogic and samsung are working on a solution to the problem of phones shipping late.

Yeah, a verizon CSR told me that anyone who did a preorder is guaranteed to get the promotion from samsung. I hope she didn't lie to me.

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, a verizon CSR told me that anyone who did a preorder is guaranteed to get the promotion from samsung. I hope she didn't lie to me.

Unfortunately the common belief is that csr responses are best taken with a grain of salt as everyone in this thread has been given different information regarding the promotion. If that was an online chat with a csr I hope you saved the conversation as you may need it

sdk_1052

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I saved and printed out my chat when they guaranteed the promotion(watch) to me, so hopefully won't need it but it's there in case I need to use it!

Posted with my liquid metallic S7E

kathomas38

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Hey, I'm new here but I just wanted to tell you my experience if it might help. I did not pre-order but I did order the silver edge on 3/11 and it said it was backordered until 3/31 like most other people so I sent an email to Samsung promotion support team and this was their response:

Hello,

Thank you for your patience. The Samsung Gear VR Offer is a limited-time Offer and is only available until March 31st, or while supplies last-- whichever comes first. In order to participate, you must complete your registration and submit your device information to samsung promotions prior to the end of the submission period.

We understand that your device may be on back order, and that you are unable to complete your registration until you receive your device as you must enter your IMEI and WiFi MAC address so that we can verify that you have purchased a device that is eligible for this Offer. If you have not already done so, we recommend that you visit samsung promotion page and enter all registration information that you are able to at this time. Although this will not guarantee that a Gear VR will be reserved in your name, it will simplify the process of completing your submission if you receive your device prior to the end of the submission period. We also strongly recommend that you re-check the shipment status of your order, and that you attempt to complete your registration as soon as you receive your device. Because this Offer is time-limited, we will not be able to process your submission or provide a rebate in the event that you are unable to complete your registration before the submission period ends.

For more information about this Offer, please review the Official Terms and Conditions here: These Terms and Conditions that you agree to by participating in this Offer are legally binding, and we cannot make any exceptions to them.

I actually ended up cancelling my order and just went to a verizon store and ended up liking the gold color better so i walked out of there with that instead . Of course in-store they are not offering the s2 for free( only $100 off at my store). Like i said, i did not pre-order so maybe its different but it seems like according to the samsung promotion CS is only good until 3/31, period. Hopefully you still get what you wanted though!!

**I had to edit out the links

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
There was something in the fine print that updates will start after 10 business days on the promo.... not sure what that means since it also states 4-6 weeks for claim process and then another 4-6 weeks to ship..... lol

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Still waiting on my Silver S7E as well. Ordered 3/2. Has anyone in the "second wave" (last week of February) received theirs or at least had updated shipping dates? I'm curious if the dates will even change or if 3/31 is just a default and then it shows up in the mail.

Murderland

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
There's a bug on the Verizon website that makes the shipping date go to 3/11 occasionally, even though I ordered on 3/9 and it's supposed to say shipping by 3/31. Anyone else getting it?

thomasmarcgodskid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
You can't really trust anything the CSR's say... Sometimes they are great, but often they don't know as much as us tech geeks who are reading forums like this one. That said, I hope she was right and you get your promo stuff and I get mine too!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech