S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

GinjaNinja917

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Did anyone Edge up by paying their old phone to 75% to trade in? I did and it applied my payment to my bill that's due the 5th. If this happened did it sort itself out, or will I have to call in to have it fixed? After the issues I've had with CS over the past couple weeks, I'd rather not have to deal with them right now.

Posted via the Android Central App

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Did anyone Edge up by paying their old phone to 75% to trade in? I did and it applied my payment to my bill that's due the 5th. If this happened did it sort itself out, or will I have to call in to have it fixed? After the issues I've had with CS over the past couple weeks, I'd rather not have to deal with them right now.

I couldn't because Verizon said my old Nokia Lumia 822 is only worth 7 measly bucks. :(

ashmouth

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

When I placed my pre-order I owed 85.00 but when they completed the transaction I owed less. So they took the difference off of my next bill.

ajmatson

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else saw this but now Samsung is stating that the promotion will not be delivered until possibly into the summer. They are however stating that the S2 is still on the table if you are willing to wait and looking at the model notes it is the 3G version however calling is disabled.

samsung.png

Wonder if that means the same for those of us who show fulfillment pending? Either way I opened a case with Verizon cause PrizeLogic denied my S2 claim because they said my location code on my receipt from Verizon was invalid *DOH*

mededitornj

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
If I'm reading it correctly it looks like calling is unavailable only in Alaska. If calling is available elsewhere, does anyone know the approximate monthly charge?

Like others, my notification is showing fulfillment pending!

Last edited:

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
If I'm reading it correctly it looks like calling is unavailable only in Alaska. If calling is available elsewhere, does anyone know the approximate monthly charge?

Like others, my notification is showing fulfillment pending!

Someone said before it's like $5 a month to add a connected device

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
PREORDER an S7 Edge and get a free $300 watch. Wait till after the pre-order period and buy a $700 phone and get another $700 phone free. May not pre-order next time around.

I have the note 5 and got the S7 Edge for the wife. No real need to upgrade the note but if the upgrade was free I might have done so. I kind of like the look and feel of the S7E.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
PREORDER an S7 Edge and get a free $300 watch. Wait till after the pre-order period and buy a $700 phone and get another $700 phone free. May not pre-order next time around.

I have the note 5 and got the S7 Edge for the wife. No real need to upgrade the note but if the upgrade was free I might have done so. I kind of like the look and feel of the S7E.

you can use the phone you bought in the pre-order for part of the bogo promotion, they back dated it....

airos4

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
So just to give you an update, when I called back I told them the exact same story - that the website still was showing that the $100 was available, and that I even got an email promising me a code to redeem for the tradein to work. They agreed that it was absolutely valid to do so, provided me a code, and I got the $100 redemption credit this week. So much for the naysayers.

cbugzeee

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm also disgusted by the way it was marketed... and continues to be marketed. Legal recourse sounds absurd, but I could absolutely saddle, groom, and polish that pony and ride it. In the immortal words of Big Worm, "Playing with my money is like playing with my emotions... " principalities involved here. I do have a friend who appealed a $35 late fee (for paying a $15 parking ticket) all the way to Va's supremest court. Principalities.

Of course, all of this annoyance is based on the premise that there are only 30k watches and that most of us will not get one. That leaves us all with the feeling that we have "been had." And I don't know about everyone else, but my inner dork gets all up in arms over that. Like you, my impression at this point is that it is more like a raffle for the watch. And that would be absolutely fine *if* - even if it were in fine print - the offer said, "Chance in winning: 1 in 10,000." or whatever... But the site strongly implies - "Buy an s7 -> get a watch." I did read the contest info before ordering, and I also contacted VZW via chat because the S2 was not listed or implied under the promo site when I was getting ready to order. They kept assuring me that it was essentially a given... and then later, during chats about the 3/31 date, they kept *guaranteeing* that even if it shipped on the 31st, I would have an email with "everything needed to qualify" for the claim. Again, though, when I clarified, they emphasized *qualify* for the offer, not receive the s2.

Here's the thing... here 'tis... rightchea: I like the phone. I'd have ordered the phone anyway, I believe. BUT once they sold me on the idea of a free S2, I expected that to be part of the package. And thus it will seem that they stole something if it's not. And that easily could have been avoided had they simply not oversold the promo.

Again... all premised on the belief that most of us will not get a Super 2 cool freebie.

Skepticism unfounded! S2 arrived! I was wrong I was wrong. Woohoo!