12-21-2016 08:45 PM
182 1234 ...
tools
    I have a case for it but I read about a lot of problems with previous S5 Edge tempered glass screen protectors. Any opinions on this one? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...cUvbUpU5036315. The zagg one is not expected inte UK until the 30 March.
    03-06-2016 07:15 AM
    Never heard of the brand
    03-06-2016 09:06 AM
    It's a hit or miss when it comes to glass protectors for the edge screens. I've yet to find a company that can consistently make a good product for my S6E and just resorted to using a film. Sadly, most of the big names bought crap glass from China and just threw it into their own box in the past.
    03-06-2016 09:16 AM
    I have tried tempered glass for the S6 edge and they only have an adhesive on the coloured frame. The glass screen does not actually adhere to the screen of the phone and it did not feel right. It is the same with the S7 Edge tempered glass I have tested. There also seems to be dots on some of them which are very distracting when the screen is on.

I think the best protectors for these types of curved screen phones are the wet ones. The best ones I have tried are the Ultimate Shield ones. I have these on my S6 Edge and previous phones and they are excellent. Also the price and quality is much better than others which cost two to three times as much. They said they will have S7 Edge in stock on 10/11 March.

S7 Edge - Tempered Glass Screen Protectors-samsung_galaxy_s7_edge_maximum_protection.jpg
    lammy8 likes this.
    03-07-2016 06:23 AM
    I think the best tempered glass screen protector for the Edge series is comprehensive insurance myself.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    03-07-2016 06:29 AM
    I'm getting a temporary plastic style one until the Zagg or Spigen glass ones are in. I just looked at the cracks on my Nexus glass and I'm thankful on the protector not the screen!
    03-07-2016 06:48 AM
    I'd actually suggest the Zagg HD dry since it covers both the front and back AMOLED screen. I prefer this since I sometimes carry the phone without the case, and its for $35
    jneusch and Nex2knotN like this.
    03-10-2016 11:30 AM
    I can recommend Supershieldz. Cheap, actually stick well to the edges and don't smudge
    03-10-2016 12:11 PM
    Zagg is making one that will cover the edges

Attachment 217317
    And here are some user reviews:
    Including "Should be called the ZAGG lint collector," "Awful fit," and "Don't know why Zagg made this."
    ZAGG InvisibleShield Glass Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S7 Clear GS7GLS-F00 - Best Buy
    03-10-2016 12:19 PM
    I'm sure the Zagg Glass Contour is also going to be a complete flop.
    03-10-2016 12:22 PM
    Is it safe to assume that there are no 3 or 4 piece cases with screen protectors and holsters. I found a couple but none of them came with screen protectors. There are alot of great comments and suggestions on this thread. Thank you and I would like to hear how everything turns out with these products that are being tested out. Thanks for all the info😊.... Keith G

Posted via the Android Central App
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    03-10-2016 11:10 PM
    Is it safe to assume that there are no 3 or 4 piece cases with screen protectors and holsters. I found a couple but none of them came with screen protectors. There are alot of great comments and suggestions on this thread. Thank you and I would like to hear how everything turns out with these products that are being tested out. Thanks for all the info.... Keith G

Most case manufacturers that make a case with a built-in screen protector won't touch the S7 Edge. Because of the shape of the glass, it's a pain to make a built in protector that people won't complain about. Unfortunately, it's one of the down sides of having the edge display.
    03-10-2016 11:22 PM
    And here are some user reviews:
    Including "Should be called the ZAGG lint collector," "Awful fit," and "Don't know why Zagg made this."
    ZAGG InvisibleShield Glass Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S7 Clear GS7GLS-F00 - Best Buy
    Oh sure if Zagg were to make it perfectly fit only the screen and cut it before it extends to the bezel, people will be complaining about the fit anyway. People have been crying since the Note 4. Halo? Make the glass smaller. Smaller glass with no halo? It doesn't cover the entire front glass wahhhhhhhh.
    03-10-2016 11:24 PM
    I ordered a gold edged glass shield from Peyou Ltd. Bought it from Amazon on 3/5/16 for $18.99 + $6.99 shipping. It shipped from China and is in San Francisco, CA and should be delivered Tuesday 3/15. Today, 3/10, it's priced at $38.99 prime or $32.98 + $6.99 shipping!!!

Ladyofthelake
    03-11-2016 02:11 AM
    I received the Luvvitt tempered glass screen protector and my international S7 Edge. Put it on immediately upon opening my phone.

My review:
    I hate the gold color. It doesn't match the gold of the S7 edge and has a green tint to it. There was not a clear option when I ordered it from Amazon.

Pros:
    Fit is good. Pretty easy to install. Placed correctly on the phone, there are no dead areas for touch responsiveness like so many of the S6 edge glass screen protectors had. Edge works well.
    Has good smooth glass feel to it. No stickyness like the armour style films.
    Cons:
    After removing the protective film from the underside, there was a sticky residue left on the upper half of the protector underneath. Visible in second attatched pics
    Dot grid also visible.
    Worked with only TWO of my cases, the Rinke Slim and a corner and back protector I received from ebay. All other cases lifted the screen protector from the glass. See pic
    Fingerprint magnet, far more than the bare glass.
    As mentioned, hate the fake gold color.
    All in all, it works, I will probably live with it, but it's not ideal by any means.

S7 Edge - Tempered Glass Screen Protectors-20160320_133118.jpgS7 Edge - Tempered Glass Screen Protectors-20160320_132952.jpg
    03-20-2016 08:24 PM
    Check out this lousy Zagg HD Installation job:
    03-20-2016 09:02 PM
    I installed the Zagg HD dry and it was a piece of cake. I have used Zagg on all of my devices for quite some time and the newer dry process is much easier than the old wet one. It really is easy and it looks and feels fine.

03-20-2016 09:45 PM
    I installed the Zagg HD dry and it was a piece of cake. I have used Zagg on all of my devices for quite some time and the newer dry process is much easier than the old wet one. It really is easy and it looks and feels fine.

Was yours the same as the one in the above video?
    03-20-2016 09:57 PM
    Tried an unbranded one from eBay, massively disappointed

It's fine if you use it naked, but my spigen tough armour case has such a solid grip that it was causing the protector to bunch up, causing a gap between the screen and panel of about a mm or so. This was due to adhesive only being on the gold part rather than the whole thing like flat protectors.

Smudged way worse than the standard glass panel. This was highly annoying.

The visible part of the protector was smaller than the standard screen. This made it difficult to navigate the drop down notification bar.

Pro point was that it handled scratches well.

If anyone finds a full adhesive screen that works with a spigen case on then please message me. I got so wound up after 2 days that I took it off.
    Attached Thumbnails S7 Edge - Tempered Glass Screen Protectors-10850.jpg  
    03-21-2016 01:48 PM
    Was you the same as the one in the above video?
    The Zagg HD dry comes in front screen or full body option. I agree with Jneusch, it is a lot easier than their old wet application. I installed mine without any bubbles. The trick is using the squeegee in the last part when removing the film and making sure you press down both edges with your fingers several times to make sure the film adheres to the side before you remove the protected film. The one thing I wouldn't recommend you do like he did in the video is he put his fingers on the display as leverage while applying the film to the display. This will leave a fingerprint on the display as the film goes over it. If you just hold up the film and run the squeegee down the display at the same time you shouldn't need to put your fingers on your nice clean glass.

Another pointer, apply this in the bathroom after a hot steamy shower. This will cut down on dust flying about.

Obviously, your mileage will vary like everyone else. I will say the Zagg HD film is like glass and you can't even tell you have a protected film on my phone and the feel is almost identical as it being naked. It lines up perfect to the edge as well.

S7 Edge - Tempered Glass Screen Protectors-155602.jpgS7 Edge - Tempered Glass Screen Protectors-155631.jpg
    03-21-2016 02:40 PM
    This is just a plastic film though, correct?
    03-22-2016 11:53 PM
    let us know when you get the LUVVITT TEMPERED GLASS Screen Protector
    I got mine yesterday. Just got to get brave enough to try to install

03-29-2016 11:09 PM
    I tried the LUVVITT TEMPERED GLASS Screen Protector and it fit well and was great, but my case didn't fit over it without multiple tries and the Screen Protector made the front camera REALLY blurry.
    03-30-2016 02:59 PM
    The Zagg HD dry comes in front screen or full body option. I agree with Jneusch, it is a lot easier than their old wet application. I installed mine without any bubbles. The trick is using the squeegee in the last part when removing the film and making sure you press down both edges with your fingers several times to make sure the film adheres to the side before you remove the protected film. The one thing I wouldn't recommend you do like he did in the video is he put his fingers on the display as leverage while applying the film to the display. This will leave a fingerprint on the display as the film goes over it. If you just hold up the film and run the squeegee down the display at the same time you shouldn't need to put your fingers on your nice clean glass.

Another pointer, apply this in the bathroom after a hot steamy shower. This will cut down on dust flying about.

Obviously, your mileage will vary like everyone else. I will say the Zagg HD film is like glass and you can't even tell you have a protected film on my phone and the feel is almost identical as it being naked. It lines up perfect to the edge as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	155602.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	374.8 KB 
ID:	221428Click image for larger version. 

Name:	155631.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	374.9 KB 
ID:	221429
    Any problems of it peeling up with cases?
    03-30-2016 03:28 PM

Obviously, your mileage will vary like everyone else. I will say the Zagg HD film is like glass and you can't even tell you have a protected film on my phone and the feel is almost identical as it being naked. It lines up perfect to the edge as well
    How is this one working out???
    I contacted Zagg concerning their Glass curved version and it seems we shouldn't expect it anytime soon so I have to find a alternative till then
    04-01-2016 06:22 AM
182 1234 ...