12-21-2016 08:45 PM
182 ... 45678
tools
    I actually think the hardest thing for me to adapt to with this Zagg glass is that it definitely alters colors on the screen. When the screen is off - and should be pure black - it appears a shade of gray with the Zagg glass installed. I didn't notice it when I originally installed it, but now that I notice the gray tint, it's driving me batty. Will go back to the regular Zagg HD Dry I believe. Bummer.
    Bag of Leaves likes this.
    06-07-2016 03:53 PM
    I got the Zagg and for me it was an absolute waste. I want my phone protected with screen protector and case, but they didn't play well. They case kept forcing the screen protector up. The adhesive is only around the edges. I took the phone to the pool and decided to try underwater video. Water quickly got between the protector and the screen.

I'm back to the self healing gel screen protector. Had to trim the edges with an exacto knife so the cover doesn't cause it to bubble, but with that done it works.
    I highly doubt that any screen protector will be OK with underwater videos.
    06-07-2016 04:00 PM
    I'm too afraid to put my phone in water. Don't want to risk it.
    06-08-2016 08:09 AM
    Put the Zagg glass on today. It's pretty good. Certainly not $54 worth of good, but it looks good and hopefully will do its job if/when the time comes. Couple of things - yes, the edges aren't as responsive as without the Zagg glass, but there's a silver lining to that - I could carry it case-less now, because that reduction in sensitivity has reduced unintended palm activation. Previously, I needed a case for that to happen. Also, the Zagg fits with thin cases, which is what I have. Not sure how it would respond to bulkier cases, but I'm guessing it would pop at the edges. Finally, there is a noticeable "click" when you touch the screen in some places. If that drives you nuts, then you'll want no part of this. Doesn't bug me, so I'll give this glass a drive for a bit.
    What thin case are you using? I'm thinking about purchasing a zagg glass. I'm using a Spigen neo hybrid case and an otterbox symmetry.

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
    (S7 Edge Titanium)
    06-08-2016 09:11 AM
    What thin case are you using? I'm thinking about purchasing a zagg glass. I'm using a Spigen neo hybrid case and an otterbox symmetry.

(S7 Edge Titanium)
    I've used the spigen thin and tough armour and a caseology case none of them have worked for my Zagg glass. I have a cheap case that it works with minimal protection. I ordered a neo hybrid to see if that helps

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-08-2016 10:10 AM
    This is ridiculous. I'm staying sans screen protector. Glad I didn't drop 50 bucks on the zagg.

06-08-2016 11:56 AM
    Well I ordered one and it's supposed to be shipping soon. I called and spoke with their customer service and was told that the reason why they don't have any glue except for the black areas on the one I ordered was because they are having issues with the glue drying white.

This totally blows and I was told to just refuse the shipment and I will be reimbursed when they get it back..not likely...

So I am out shipping the damn thing back to get a tracking number..

What a frigging waste of time.

So..decision time wither to take this one back and just get the regular s7..

Posted from my AT&T S7 Edge
    06-08-2016 04:34 PM
    How do you actually return a Zagg within the 30 days for refund?
    I spent a good two hours on their website and, while I can find they offer 'no questions asked' 30 day refund, they sure make it difficult actually telling you how to do the return. There is no link anywhere apart from getting a replacement.
    06-09-2016 02:01 AM
    How do you actually return a Zagg within the 30 days for refund?
    I spent a good two hours on their website and, while I can find they offer 'no questions asked' 30 day refund, they sure make it difficult actually telling you how to do the return. There is no link anywhere apart from getting a replacement.
    Go to the Zagg site>Log in to your account>View your order history>Open up your order>scroll to bottom to "request replacement".
    06-09-2016 04:49 AM
    Go to the Zagg site>Log in to your account>View your order history>Open up your order>scroll to bottom to "request replacement".
    I don't want a replacement though, I want my money back and I'm within the 30 days. They don't give a link for that anywhere.
    06-09-2016 05:40 AM

(S7 Edge Titanium)
    The Samsung leather snap-back case.
    06-09-2016 05:53 AM
    I don't want a replacement though, I want my money back and I'm within the 30 days. They don't give a link for that anywhere.
    Sorry about that (I mis-read your post). I got a refund by doing a live chat. Zagg site> Zagg Care>InvisibleShield>Live Care> Choose Live Chat or Email or Call customer care.
    Zagg has really good customer service.
    pjwk81 likes this.
    06-09-2016 05:53 AM
    Sorry about that (I mis-read your post). I got a refund by doing a live chat. Zagg site> Zagg Care>InvisibleShield>Live Care> Choose Live Chat or Email or Call customer care.
    Thanks. I'll try live chat this evening if I don't hear back from yesterday's email.
    06-09-2016 06:01 AM
    My concern with a glass protector that only adheres to the edges is that it may let dust through at some point. If dust or particles get between the protector, (which probably doesn't sit completely flush on the screen) you may run the risk of actually scratching the screen when using it. Just my thoughts.
    06-09-2016 06:27 AM
    $55 crack with a neo hybrid spigen case! Customer service called, money refunded and prepaid envelope sent to come get this SOB

Attached Thumbnails S7 Edge - Tempered Glass Screen Protectors-20160609_125706.jpg  
    06-09-2016 01:11 PM
    Anyone try the Otterbox Alpha Glass Screen Protector? Does it play nice with a case?

06-09-2016 08:30 PM
    Here's a video by a guy who gave the Zagg glass a good review but then posted an update.

Posted via the Android Central App on the edge
    06-09-2016 09:42 PM
    I called and spoke with their customer service and was told that the reason why they don't have any glue except for the black areas on the one I ordered was because they are having issues with the glue drying white.

Well that's gotta be a load of rubbish seeing as standard glass screen protectors have had full dry apply adhesive that dries clear for years now.

I think the real reason is they can't match the tolerances Samsung can. Flat glass is easy, but those curves (especially on the corners) are going to be very difficult to match up against. Every device will be slightly different as well and within a tolerance range set by Samsung. The difference of a fraction of a rad could cause uneven adhesion, making corners pop up and possibly even cracking the protector due to the warp.

Personally, I think it's a case of go naked or plastic. I've chosen the former, seeing as it costs me $72.21 (current exchange rate to £) as an excess on insurance through my bank to get a replacement phone back in my hand in 3-5 days. They always say repair but it's cheaper to replace the entire device. I've actually tested this on my s3 and my Mrs's S5 that went in for 'repair' by scratching the inside of the phone, where the battery sits, and receiving a device without this scratch.
    06-10-2016 04:14 AM
    Well that's gotta be a load of rubbish seeing as standard glass screen protectors have had full dry apply adhesive that dries clear for years now.

I think the real reason is they can't match the tolerances Samsung can. Flat glass is easy, but those curves (especially on the corners) are going to be very difficult to match up against. Every device will be slightly different as well and within a tolerance range set by Samsung. The difference of a fraction of a rad could cause uneven adhesion, making corners pop up and possibly even cracking the protector due to the warp.

Personally, I think it's a case of go naked or plastic. I've chosen the former, seeing as it costs me $72.21 (current exchange rate to £) as an excess on insurance through my bank to get a replacement phone back in my hand in 3-5 days. They always say repair but it's cheaper to replace the entire device. I've actually tested this on my s3 and my Mrs's S5 that went in for 'repair' by scratching the inside of the phone, where the battery sits, and receiving a device without this scratch.
    Well they could have changed adhesives ? I don't know that's what Chad told me...any who as soon as mine gets here it's going back unopened for credit.

06-10-2016 07:46 AM
    $55 crack with a neo hybrid spigen case! Customer service called, money refunded and prepaid envelope sent to come get this SOB

Thanks for the post I use a neo hybrid also and was interested in one of these but now seeing this and other posts in this thread no way am I wasting my $
    06-10-2016 09:28 AM
    I did the live chat last night and got it sorted out and mailed today. I won't go as far as to say 10/10 until the €40 is back in my bank account, but so far it was great customer service.
    06-10-2016 10:05 AM
    Gpel just came out with their Generation 2 tempered glass screen protector. Looks like the is an almost clear one color just along the edge.

http://us12.campaign-archive1.com/?u...b&e=03894795a0

06-10-2016 07:05 PM
    Gpel just came out with their Generation 2 tempered glass screen protector. Looks like the is an almost clear one color just along the edge.

http://us12.campaign-archive1.com/?u...b&e=03894795a0

Well I emailed them on this 'we'll see how fast they respond

06-10-2016 07:32 PM
    Is it the nature of these glass screen protectors to have adhesive only on the edges? Or do some have it on the entire screen protector?

06-11-2016 10:45 PM
    Is it the nature of these glass screen protectors to have adhesive only on the edges?
    Apparently so, as everyone who has one so far has stated that.
    06-12-2016 12:47 PM
182 ... 45678