S7 Edge - Tempered Glass Screen Protectors

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Just Preordered by s7 edge, and i'm really hoping I don't regret it. I told myself I was going to hold off as I had the s6 (non edge) 128gb, and although the s7 edge allows a SD card i'm not really sold on the way samsung is managing it in marshmallow. Verizon offered the gear s2 with the preorder and that pretty much sold me.

To those who had the s6 edge and edge plus, should i get a tempered glass screen protector for this phone? I know that the edges wont be covered but I want some sort of protection for the screen as I generally have had luck with protecting the screen with a thin case.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
957c405a7d9fc6dae718af0280162f2b.jpg

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me or does it look like it doesn't cover the whole screen? Looks like a pretty large gap...

Posted via the Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering is that a screen shot or a picture taken off the web site? If so, why is it tilted? Top and bottom are straight, just not the screen. I guess it had to be a picture right?

norbl

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have never had any luck applying these so I buy them at Verizon and let them install them. However, they seem to last only a couple of months.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering is that a screen shot or a picture taken off the web site? If so, why is it tilted? Top and bottom are straight, just not the screen. I guess it had to be a picture right?

It is from the zagg website linked to in post 6

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Will it actually adhere to the display or have those crappy dot matrix bumps like the Moshi's did?

You can see what I'm talking about in this video:

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Will it actually adhere to the display or have those crappy dot matrix bumps like the Moshi's did?

You can see what I'm talking about in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_un4DVxJro

Every single one I tried for the EDGE+ was like that. And none of them were clear, either - they all had these 'sprinkles' all over the screen. Unusable. I use a plastic one made by supershieldz for my Priv - that one has adhesive and sticks well all the way to the edges. Also doesn't smudge too easily, so I ended up ordering that one for the S7 EDGE as well. Hoping Spigen will release a decent glass one some time in the future. Just couldn't bring myself to going naked with that beautiful screen :-/

Another option would be those wet-apply ones. At least one wouldn't have to worry to get water damage on the S7 EDGE :)

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I definitely agree, you can't go wrong with zagg. That being said if zagg is taking to long to release the curved screen protector, the icroo may be a good option if others have had good experiences with them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463