S7 Edge - Tempered Glass Screen Protectors

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
On a previous phone, an LG V10, I had a tempered screen protector. Phone fell about two feet and hit a charger. The tempered glass protector shattered. I peeled it off and the screen was good. A tempered screen protector will not protect against all dangers but is better than nothing or a film protector.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
On a previous phone, an LG V10, I had a tempered screen protector. Phone fell about two feet and hit a charger. The tempered glass protector shattered. I peeled it off and the screen was good. A tempered screen protector will not protect against all dangers but is better than nothing or a film protector.
I'd love one in theory for that very reason, but by the sounds of it there still has been no worthwhile one released for this phone.

welshmikie

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I just received my zagg tempered glass protector for my s7 edge. It's expensive for something that looks and feels exactly like my 5.99 one I had from Amazon which was excellent an fitted well when not used in a case.

Posted via the Android Central App

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Put the Zagg glass on today. It's pretty good. Certainly not $54 worth of good, but it looks good and hopefully will do its job if/when the time comes. Couple of things - yes, the edges aren't as responsive as without the Zagg glass, but there's a silver lining to that - I could carry it case-less now, because that reduction in sensitivity has reduced unintended palm activation. Previously, I needed a case for that to happen. Also, the Zagg fits with thin cases, which is what I have. Not sure how it would respond to bulkier cases, but I'm guessing it would pop at the edges. Finally, there is a noticeable "click" when you touch the screen in some places. If that drives you nuts, then you'll want no part of this. Doesn't bug me, so I'll give this glass a drive for a bit.

Isaiah Peterson

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I got the Zagg and for me it was an absolute waste. I want my phone protected with screen protector and case, but they didn't play well. They case kept forcing the screen protector up. The adhesive is only around the edges. I took the phone to the pool and decided to try underwater video. Water quickly got between the protector and the screen.

I'm back to the self healing gel screen protector. Had to trim the edges with an exacto knife so the cover doesn't cause it to bubble, but with that done it works.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I actually think the hardest thing for me to adapt to with this Zagg glass is that it definitely alters colors on the screen. When the screen is off - and should be pure black - it appears a shade of gray with the Zagg glass installed. I didn't notice it when I originally installed it, but now that I notice the gray tint, it's driving me batty. Will go back to the regular Zagg HD Dry I believe. Bummer.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I got the Zagg and for me it was an absolute waste. I want my phone protected with screen protector and case, but they didn't play well. They case kept forcing the screen protector up. The adhesive is only around the edges. I took the phone to the pool and decided to try underwater video. Water quickly got between the protector and the screen.

I'm back to the self healing gel screen protector. Had to trim the edges with an exacto knife so the cover doesn't cause it to bubble, but with that done it works.

I highly doubt that any screen protector will be OK with underwater videos.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Put the Zagg glass on today. It's pretty good. Certainly not $54 worth of good, but it looks good and hopefully will do its job if/when the time comes. Couple of things - yes, the edges aren't as responsive as without the Zagg glass, but there's a silver lining to that - I could carry it case-less now, because that reduction in sensitivity has reduced unintended palm activation. Previously, I needed a case for that to happen. Also, the Zagg fits with thin cases, which is what I have. Not sure how it would respond to bulkier cases, but I'm guessing it would pop at the edges. Finally, there is a noticeable "click" when you touch the screen in some places. If that drives you nuts, then you'll want no part of this. Doesn't bug me, so I'll give this glass a drive for a bit.

What thin case are you using? I'm thinking about purchasing a zagg glass. I'm using a Spigen neo hybrid case and an otterbox symmetry.

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
(S7 Edge Titanium)

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
What thin case are you using? I'm thinking about purchasing a zagg glass. I'm using a Spigen neo hybrid case and an otterbox symmetry.

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
(S7 Edge Titanium)

I've used the spigen thin and tough armour and a caseology case none of them have worked for my Zagg glass. I have a cheap case that it works with minimal protection. I ordered a neo hybrid to see if that helps

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
This is ridiculous. I'm staying sans screen protector. Glad I didn't drop 50 bucks on the zagg.

Michael MCATEE

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Well I ordered one and it's supposed to be shipping soon. I called and spoke with their customer service and was told that the reason why they don't have any glue except for the black areas on the one I ordered was because they are having issues with the glue drying white.

This totally blows and I was told to just refuse the shipment and I will be reimbursed when they get it back..not likely...

So I am out shipping the damn thing back to get a tracking number..

What a frigging waste of time.

So..decision time wither to take this one back and just get the regular s7..

Posted from my AT&T S7 Edge

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
How do you actually return a Zagg within the 30 days for refund?
I spent a good two hours on their website and, while I can find they offer 'no questions asked' 30 day refund, they sure make it difficult actually telling you how to do the return. There is no link anywhere apart from getting a replacement.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
How do you actually return a Zagg within the 30 days for refund?
I spent a good two hours on their website and, while I can find they offer 'no questions asked' 30 day refund, they sure make it difficult actually telling you how to do the return. There is no link anywhere apart from getting a replacement.

Go to the Zagg site>Log in to your account>View your order history>Open up your order>scroll to bottom to "request replacement".

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Go to the Zagg site>Log in to your account>View your order history>Open up your order>scroll to bottom to "request replacement".

I don't want a replacement though, I want my money back and I'm within the 30 days. They don't give a link for that anywhere.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't want a replacement though, I want my money back and I'm within the 30 days. They don't give a link for that anywhere.

Sorry about that (I mis-read your post). I got a refund by doing a live chat. Zagg site> Zagg Care>InvisibleShield>Live Care> Choose Live Chat or Email or Call customer care.
Zagg has really good customer service.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry about that (I mis-read your post). I got a refund by doing a live chat. Zagg site> Zagg Care>InvisibleShield>Live Care> Choose Live Chat or Email or Call customer care.
Zagg has really good customer service.

Thanks. I'll try live chat this evening if I don't hear back from yesterday's email.

bullittmustang

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
My concern with a glass protector that only adheres to the edges is that it may let dust through at some point. If dust or particles get between the protector, (which probably doesn't sit completely flush on the screen) you may run the risk of actually scratching the screen when using it. Just my thoughts.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
$55 crack with a neo hybrid spigen case! Customer service called, money refunded and prepaid envelope sent to come get this SOB

Attachments

• 20160609_125706.jpg
    20160609_125706.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 73

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca