S7 Edge - Tempered Glass Screen Protectors

jonty12

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Well it's been a week and the Pro Glass $9.95 screen is doing great. No issues so far. Very happy with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

glert

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
These are back in stock as of today. I had sent the seller a question about when they would be back in stock and he replied 3-4 days. He just emailed me to tell me there were in stock so I got my order in!

For those who want a good tempered glass screen protector can try the AmazingThing one. It can also be ordered for 29Ș on ebay.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
No curved protectors work with the S7E and a case.

Keep on wasting money :D
I can say that is untrue as I have a screen protector that is curved and a case on it. Armorsuit and IQ shield both offer curved protectors that are case friendly. So I am not really wasting any money, maybe u have though!

henrykrinkle

May 9, 2015
Visit site
True. I had the Spigen version (can't remember what they call it) and it applied perfectly; no issue with the edges. I eventually took it off (like phone better without it) but the product works as advertised.

jmh2137

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Zagg tempered glass with the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro case? Any issues with it fitting properly or ability to access the "edge" function?

anon(835682)

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I wish that manufacturers didn't settle for the awfl design that these TGSPs have right now. I'm confident that someone could make a GOOD TGSP. the technology is there. Furthermore, Lifeproof uses a PLASTIC screen protector, so I don't know why LifeProof hasn't made an s7 edge case. If Ghostek can do it, LifeProff can do it better, they just haven't.

Abby Normal

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the Zagg HD dry which so far I like on the phone...

Unfortunately I paired it with a tech21 case and after two days the four corners bubbled up......

I took the case off last night and pressed the corners back down... held them down for a few minutes on each corner and so far today the protector looks good, bubbles haven't returned yet....

Trying to decide whether to go with just the case or just the screen protector.......

vletnguyen

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Would you mind posting a link to the zagg glass that you are using? I am having trouble finding it.

Thank you,
Jamison

The new one Zagg is developing is not out yet.. They had to recall all of the old ones for the S7 edge and figure out the problem of why it wasn't sticking to the screen. Just be patient, it should be out within the next month or 2 hopefully. Sucks but what are you gonna do, right?

I just went with the dry HD from zagg for now with the S7 Edge while I wait for the for the Zagg glass too. It's definitely Better than nothing, Hope this helps

jonty12

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I gave up after the 5th broken protector. Four worked to protect the screen, the 5th didn't. Screen break matched "protector" break. I figure I'm spending $10+ on each one, I'm up to about $55 and have a broken actual screen. Going to go naked.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Just got the Gpel Gen 2 TGSP after trying the original and removing it after 1 day. The Gen 2 is so much better. Perfectly clear. No haze, rainbow, glitter effect or dot matrix look. No clicking noise on any of the edges. Typing is effortless. Using it with the Gpel case and no lifting at all. Going to try it with my favorite Incipio Dualpro but I'm thinking that will be a fail. We'll see... Anyway, the Gen 2 is far superior to the original.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I tried and returned the gen 2 TGSP from GPEL. It was clear and fit really well on the edges, but it didn't fit very well over the BACK button. It effectively left a dead spot where I had to press really hard to make the touch register. That was without a case. I also tried it with the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro that many have recommended as good with this TGSP. No change. I really liked that combination, and it seemed to fit a lot better than the gen 1 TGSP did with my Otterbox Commuter. Looks like I'll stick with the Zagg HD Clear and wait for the redesigned Zagg TGSP. Maybe the third one will work?

Air Planet

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
True. I had the Spigen version (can't remember what they call it) and it applied perfectly; no issue with the edges. I eventually took it off (like phone better without it) but the product works as advertised.
Have you tried spigen crystal shell or ringke fusion clear ?