05-10-2017 02:40 AM
1,125 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    ..btw,

to those that know, whats the status on the VR units..what do I need to do?
    if you got your phone from bby, target or sprint, they will come with the phone, tmo att and verizon have to submit it on samsung's promo page. for att at least, you can use the receipt that comes in the box. it's what i used for my note 5 and it seemed to work fine.

just got mine today after going b/t home and work 4 times. went home for lunch, left, literally just missed the fedex driver (phone didn't buzz for some reason) so they left a door tag, ran back from work to try to catch him, got door tag, called fedex and asked if they could send him back, went back to work, got a call saying he's there, went back, got phone.

i didn't want to set it up at work so i just pulled the IMEI and MAC ID from it so i could submit the gear vr claim, and now here i am, with 2.75hrs to go and being totally unproductive.
    78standards and jimbo1mcm like this.
    03-08-2016 03:47 PM
    if you got your phone from bby, target or sprint, they will come with the phone, tmo att and verizon have to submit it on samsung's promo page. for att at least, you can use the receipt that comes in the box. it's what i used for my note 5 and it seemed to work fine.

just got mine today after going b/t home and work 4 times. went home for lunch, left, literally just missed the fedex driver (phone didn't buzz for some reason) so they left a door tag, ran back from work to try to catch him, got door tag, called fedex and asked if they could send him back, went back to work, got a call saying he's there, went back, got phone.

i didn't want to set it up at work so i just pulled the IMEI and MAC ID from it so i could submit the gear vr claim, and now here i am, with 2.75hrs to go and being totally unproductive.
    ..thanks for the info; that was simple enough. I wasn't quite ready to set it up, but didn't know how to pull the MAC without doing so.
    03-08-2016 04:26 PM
    Disappointed that the rep at the AT&T store told me my S7 edge would be shipped via 2 day air or overnight when I preordered. But when I checked the tracking number it says it's being shipped via UPS ground.
    03-08-2016 05:09 PM
    Disappointed that the rep at the AT&T store told me my S7 edge would be shipped via 2 day air or overnight when I preordered. But when I checked the tracking number it says it's being shipped via UPS ground.
    weird, mine was overnight via fedex
    03-08-2016 05:12 PM
    My first S7 Edge order from the 28th has just charged my card. No word on the website yet on shipping.

I did call T-Mobile a few hours ago to ask about it so maybe that's what sped things up. When she saw that my second order for the same exact phone that I ordered on the 4th got shipped and delivered, she apologized a million times that T-Mobile messed up.

When I originally called about this first order to cancel this one after I got the second order, they told me they couldn't cancel until I get it, then I can return it.
    03-08-2016 05:55 PM
    weird, mine was overnight via fedex
    I was excited when I saw that it shipped. Sadly, I have to wait until Thursday to receive my phone.
    03-08-2016 06:05 PM
    My first S7 Edge order from the 28th has just charged my card. No word on the website yet on shipping.

I did call T-Mobile a few hours ago to ask about it so maybe that's what sped things up. When she saw that my second order for the same exact phone that I ordered on the 4th got shipped and delivered, she apologized a million times that T-Mobile messed up.

When I originally called about this first order to cancel this one after I got the second order, they told me they couldn't cancel until I get it, then I can return it.
    Dang. And after all that apologising on their part they couldn't cancel the order for ya? You need to raise some hell.
    03-08-2016 06:07 PM
    Dang. And after all that apologising on their part they couldn't cancel the order for ya? You need to raise some hell.
    I paid for both phones outright. I may not return this one and just try and sell it on CL. T-Mobile will unlock it immediately since it's paid for.
    03-08-2016 06:12 PM
    I paid for both phones outright. I may not return this one and just try and sell it on CL. T-Mobile will unlock it immediately since it's paid for.
    I hear ya but u originally wanted to cancel it right? It's not like it's shipped and they did admit they messed up. I'm talking principalities.
    03-08-2016 06:21 PM
    I hear ya but u originally wanted to cancel it right? It's not like it's shipped and they did admit they messed up. I'm talking principalities.
    I understand. I just have to go through all this trouble of waiting for it to ship and be delivered before I can call to get an return authorization to send it back. It's a hassle.
    03-08-2016 06:23 PM
    My gold edge from TMO that I ordered on 2/27 has now shipped, will be here tomorrow.
    jian9007 likes this.
    03-08-2016 06:35 PM
    Wish we could have switched, AT&T shipped mine Fedex overnight but rather it was UPS.. I won't be home tomorrow morning when it's set to be delivered and FedEx won't leave it on my porch.. With UPS I could have arranged a later delivery and waved the signature required using My UPS Account.. Think this is first time faster delivery was a bad thing lol..
    Luckily FedEx allows pick up at their Hub after one failed delivery attempt, a 20 minute drive to their Hub tomorrow evening to pick up my Edge will be well worth the drive
    03-08-2016 06:50 PM
    Wish we could have switched, AT&T shipped mine Fedex overnight but rather it was UPS.. I won't be home tomorrow morning when it's set to be delivered and FedEx won't leave it on my porch.. With UPS I could have arranged a later delivery and waved the signature required using My UPS Account.. Think this is first time faster delivery was a bad thing lol..
    Luckily FedEx allows pick up at their Hub after one failed delivery attempt, a 20 minute drive to their Hub tomorrow evening to pick up my Edge will be well worth the drive
    Why don't u go to their website and have them hold it for u instead of a failed delivery? This way you can pick it tomorrow early. Some locations are open at 7am.
    03-08-2016 06:56 PM
    Why don't u go to their website and have them hold it for u instead of a failed delivery? This way you can pick it tomorrow early. Some locations are open at 7am.
    I actually have a FedEx account and tried to manipulate it there then I called FedEx and they will not waiver from AT&T's protocol setup for this delivery, FedEx must make the 1st attempt to the address on the package.. I know it's kinda crazy and the woman at FedEx's Customer support was very apologetic and I told her not to feel bad and its just the way it is, I was still happy to have the opportunity to pick it up in the evening, Thurs I'm working a 24 hr shift and would have absolutely no shot at getting it until Friday.
    03-08-2016 07:35 PM
    I ordered my silver S7 through ATT on the 5th. Got an email with tracking number from Fed Ed tonight. Shipped today Fed ex overnight today and will be here by tomorrow the 9th at or before 8:00 PM
    Woot!

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-08-2016 07:35 PM
    Did anyone with AT&T pay extra for overnight or 2 day shipping? I'm still trying to figure out why they sent my phone via UPS ground after telling me it would be sent overnight.
    03-08-2016 08:00 PM
    I had to leave the house for 20 minutes this afternoon and I was lucky enough that the FedEx driver left it at my door while I was gone. I was afraid it would require a signature. I guess it is sometimes nice to live in the boonies where you can't see my front door from the road.

03-08-2016 08:05 PM
    Did anyone with AT&T pay extra for overnight or 2 day shipping? I'm still trying to figure out why they sent my phone via UPS ground after telling me it would be sent overnight.
    I didn't have an option to select preferred shipping method, but as stated above, somehow my ATT order placed on the 5th was shipped Fed ex today, delivery tommorow.

03-08-2016 08:24 PM
    Got it via UPS today afternoon. Nice phone. Unfortunately fell on floor (too much excitement is also bad) and got few scratches on right side.
    I'm yet to recover from that trauma.
    Submitted my entry for Gear VR and Samsung Wireless Charger.
    03-08-2016 08:47 PM
    Got it via UPS today afternoon. Nice phone. Unfortunately fell on floor (too much excitement is also bad) and got few scratches on right side.
    Hahahhahahahhahahahahaha. That totally sucks. So sorry for laghing, but ooops. That would ruin my month.

03-08-2016 09:20 PM
    You are the second person that I read about in this thread that dropped their phone the second they picked it up the first time. The first person cracked the display.
    03-08-2016 09:23 PM
    I've seen people post that they won't open the box until their case comes in, and I've thought thats ridiculous! I guess not....

NexusGirlX likes this.
    03-08-2016 09:27 PM
    Nope.
    03-08-2016 09:28 PM
    You guys are scaring me. I always leave my phones naked.

03-08-2016 09:32 PM
    T-mobile feb 28th and march 2nd ordered. Got both today S7 edge gold. Not as excited compared to my note. Im not seeing a speed difference
    03-08-2016 09:53 PM
1,125 ... 3738394041 ...