"I've ordered my Galaxy S7 Edge!" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Russell Mezger

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Black Edge from Best Buy, wanted the extra SD card, and to not wait on the VR stuff.

One thing, ordering from the carriers seems to have a chance of getting phone early. Is that a possibility via Best Buy ever?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Black Edge from Best Buy, wanted the extra SD card, and to not wait on the VR stuff.

One thing, ordering from the carriers seems to have a chance of getting phone early. Is that a possibility via Best Buy ever?
Nope.

They will only give out those phones on the actual release date. I used to work there.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site

the only way you have a chance is if you are getting it shipped, you can possibly get it a little early.

you can try to schmooz your way into one, afaik there is no hard street date assigned to these phones, so it's not like the store would get fined for selling it early

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Well, I originally ordered a Titanium Silver S7 edge from T-Mobile. Today I stopped by the local Best Buy and they were setting up the tables with the new S7 and S7 edge. First, let me say this phone feels GREAT in the hand. They really rounded off the edges and it is nice and smooth compared to the S6 edge. So, after playing around with the phone for a little while, I decided I really wasn't too thrilled with the Titanium Silver color. It's basically a chrome-colored phone. The Gold looks really nice, much deeper and darker gold color than that of the S6 edge+ and the Note 5, but I am not a Gold person either. I decided to switch my order to the Onyx Black. It looks great on this phone, and the aluminum around the edges resembles the Space Grey of the iPhones. Also, the always-on screen is awesome and really blends nicely with the black phone. Anyone who has ordered this phone will not be disappointed. I cannot wait to get it.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Black, Silver, or Gold? What are you choosing?

I'm thinking silver to lessen the fingerprints. I don't use cases and can't stand how many prints the blue Note 5 and S6 picked up.

I had hands-time with Best Buy today on all three colors. Silver is a fingerprint magnet, but not as bad as last year's phones. According to the Samsung guy they added some kind of nano-coating on the phones to reduce the fingerprints. The silver is like a chrome bumper on a car - very shiny and reflective. I originally ordered the silver and switched it to the black this afternoon after seeing it at Best Buy.

Kirk Burkhead

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, I originally ordered a Titanium Silver S7 edge from T-Mobile. Today I stopped by the local Best Buy and they were setting up the tables with the new S7 and S7 edge. First, let me say this phone feels GREAT in the hand. They really rounded off the edges and it is nice and smooth compared to the S6 edge. So, after playing around with the phone for a little while, I decided I really wasn't too thrilled with the Titanium Silver color. It's basically a chrome-colored phone. The Gold looks really nice, much deeper and darker gold color than that of the S6 edge+ and the Note 5, but I am not a Gold person either. I decided to switch my order to the Onyx Black. It looks great on this phone, and the aluminum around the edges resembles the Space Grey of the iPhones. Also, the always-on screen is awesome and really blends nicely with the black phone. Anyone who has ordered this phone will not be disappointed. I cannot wait to get it.

Well said! But I'm sticking with my silver. I've had black and white for years and it's time for change!

Posted via the Android Central App

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I ended ordering the gold. Why they couldn't make a white option is beyond me...sigh.

The Samsung dude at Best Buy said that they moved away from white because that was the least-sold color on the Note 5 and S6. Hard to believe. I prefer the white too...

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
1. Silver S7 Edge
2. VERIZON, THEY UNLOCK THEIR PHONES unlike att.
3. 128gb that I currently use in my Lg V10
4. Through Verizon and trading in a old blackberry to get $300 off.

xxINFIDELxx

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Went to BestBuy today to order a Titanium Edge. They had some issue with their system and couldn't get it to go through so I will try again tomorrow. They had the S7 and S7 Edge on display. I plan on trading in a Note 4 for $150 and using some of my rewards points. Really liked the Edge, very smooth device.

cdm283813

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
My wife is going to be like "you got another phone again" when she is blinded by the silver appearance. I'm going to be like so shinny, so chrome!

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for your feedback!
This was my gut feeling and I went for the Onyx at T-Mobile yesterday. I love the look. Personally I like a black front like the Nexus devices but not if it was actually like last years "blue"...i would have done silver all the way.

quietkvj

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I pre-ordered the gold from tmobile with Jump on Demand. I just switched to the gs6 edge in December, so now I can't go back. I have my old 32gb memory card but I may get a new 64 by the time it's delivered.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Finally just went to the AT&T store and pre ordered my S7 Edge in Black Onyx! I'll be using a 32GB card I already have so that's nice. I'm excited and can't wait! Gonna head to best buy tomorrow to hold the phone for a bit and play around with it.

Pushcush1983

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Black, Silver, or Gold? What are you choosing?

You know it's gotta be silver,
Preordered Jump on demand with T-Mobile,
128gb card waiting to be inserted. can't wait!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara