"I've ordered my Galaxy S7 Edge!" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Looking to order s7 edge in Black and an s7 gold for my wife from Best Buy. Trading in two s5's on AT&T next plan.
I hate the $50 deposit on each! I do not need or want two $50 BB gift cards. Can they be used to pay the tax on the phones?

Posted via the Android Central App

You can use it to help pay for your new phones.

JG CT

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Pre-ordered Black s7 Edge from Target. Get $100 gift card and seem to get VR Gear that day with coupon they emailed with pre-order confirmation

Verizon (Did not order from them because cannot get Gear 2 if on 2 year contract, not paying full price to get watch)

Transferring 64 GB SD from soon to be replaced S5

Already ordered screen protector and number of fast charge devices, wired and wireless

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Silver S7 Edge (last 4 phones were black)
Carrier: Verizon
Keeping my 64MB Sandisk SD from my Note 4
Ordered from Verizon, will get the Gear S2

I'm still on unlimited data, so this transaction was a pain because there are not too many promotions for existing customers, and i wanted incentive, and at then end of day, I got the S7 Edge with a $100 bill credit, so $692, which is what I wanted

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
When you pre-order 7edge from vzw can you select payment in full as opposed to monthly? I must pay in full to keep udp and maintain my udp contract end date in 10/16. That saves me 20 a month.

Le0_Br4zUc4

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Ordered 2 to replace my Note 5 and my Wife's S6.
Mine is gold, wife's is silver. Ordered from Verizon so I'd love to have it a few days earlier 😉 ordered a few cases and I am waiting for Zagg's tempered glass to put on a screen protector.

I'm doing some research to make sure we get a good SD card... Not ordered it yet

GSOgymrat

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday I pre-ordered a black model at the AT&T store. I thought going to a store would be easier than online... wrong! I asked the salesperson if I could turn in a Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and she said it would apply $149 toward the S7 Edge. She also told me I could choose between a free tablet or a Samsung Gear S2, which didn't sound right but who am I to turn down a free $299 smart watch. She couldn't get it to go through on her computer system and had to call AT&T, who couldn't resolve the issue. Then the manager got involve and was telling the salesperson, "This is huge mistake. This is a disaster!" I initially thought he was kidding but he was really upset-- who knew there are disaster-level problems in phone sales. Turns out I couldn't apply the $149 toward the new phone because it is a pre-order and I can't get a Samsung Gear S2 or a tablet, which I think is wrong because it clearly states on the AT&T website "Buy a Samsung Galaxy smartphone and get a Galaxy Tab4 8.0 for Free on a 2-year agreement" but whatever... I already have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 Nook. Then the manager and salesperson were both confused because I am currently using a Windows 950 XL, not the Note Edge, and for some reason they had to give me a new SIM for the 950 XL. I finally told them I would just pay full price for the phone, not turn in the Note Edge and not get a tablet. I just wanted to pre-order the phone.

Hah! While typing this I just got a text from AT&T asking me to take a survey on my experience yesterday.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Did you look at Carphone Warehouse? I'm also on O2 refresh at the moment but the Carphone Warehouse offer on the O2 network would give me the same package for £10 less a month than with O2 direct. O2 should be ashamed.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I pre-ordered a black model at the AT&T store. I thought going to a store would be easier than online... wrong! I asked the salesperson if I could turn in a Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and she said it would apply $149 toward the S7 Edge. She also told me I could choose between a free tablet or a Samsung Gear S2, which didn't sound right but who am I to turn down a free $299 smart watch. She couldn't get it to go through on her computer system and had to call AT&T, who couldn't resolve the issue. Then the manager got involve and was telling the salesperson, "This is huge mistake. This is a disaster!" I initially thought he was kidding but he was really upset-- who knew there are disaster-level problems in phone sales. Turns out I couldn't apply the $149 toward the new phone because it is a pre-order and I can't get a Samsung Gear S2 or a tablet, which I think is wrong because it clearly states on the AT&T website "Buy a Samsung Galaxy smartphone and get a Galaxy Tab4 8.0 for Free on a 2-year agreement" but whatever... I already have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 Nook. Then the manager and salesperson were both confused because I am currently using a Windows 950 XL, not the Note Edge, and for some reason they had to give me a new SIM for the 950 XL. I finally told them I would just pay full price for the phone, not turn in the Note Edge and not get a tablet. I just wanted to pre-order the phone.

Hah! While typing this I just got a text from AT&T asking me to take a survey on my experience yesterday.

My 10+ years w att and managing 5 lines, this was common.. And not just a certain store..this is across the three states I've lived in.
Been such a better experience this year w T-Mobile... More straight forward and easy.. My opinion

Lfsnz67

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Gold ATT edge from Target, 200gb sd card from Amazon.
In the past year I've had:
a gold s6 edge 64gb, but it was rather uncomfortable to hold and I couldn't find a decent glass screen protector
Gold s6 which was very good but battery life was mediocre and it lagged too much
Lg G4 which lasted all of 6 hours before the boot loop crash kicked in.
Lumia 640, surprisingly good $29 phone and unkillable battery!
Gold 64gb nexus 6p which needed to be charged after 6 hours of use every day!

This s7 edge looks to have fixed the issues I had and I have hopes for the zagg glass screen protector.
Can't wait!

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Out of curiosity, any reason a person would choose delivery over pick up in store from Best Buy? Because my understanding is like you in that the only people that may get it a few days earlier are those that ordered from carrier and not retailers because they probably won't get stock until the day before or morning of release.

it could be an option if it's not convenient to go to the store (time constrictions, transportation, distance)

but even if you got it shipped from bby, you get the sd card, and the gear vr far sooner than people who have to get it from samsung,

BBguy85

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Black, Silver, or Gold? What are you choosing?

Yea I'd stay away from the gold. I have the gold S6 now and the glare gets on my nerves. I had to purchase a privacy protector for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae