"I've ordered my Galaxy S7 Edge!" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
One other thing I just noticed on Chrome and Sammy's browser. If you close a browser completely, then open up a fresh page... for a split second there is a url address that says...."ml.t-mobile.com"....then it switches over to whatever page you tried to open. Strange. Not sure I like that.

Anyone seen this before?? Happens on WiFi and 4G. Maybe this is normal if you're not rooted, but it seems strange that even on WiFi, a Tmo url is flashing up briefly.

hmmmmm

godfathersadri

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Previously had the S6 Edge Gold. I like the all black look of the S7. I wish there was an all black S7 version but with gold accents! :-D

I just ordered mine:

~ Black Onyx
~T-Mobile
~200GB Sandisk (BestBuy $99)

Last edited:

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I hear ya.... I went JOD, so unless they come up with a root method that doesn't trip Knox....I'm stuck with Ads :(

I suppose it's the price you pay for being able to upgrade to every flagship when they're released ;)

I seem to recall Sammy's new browser has an adblocker.... Or you can enable adblocking in it or something. I'll have to check that out.
I think the S7 and S7 Edge both come with the updated browser so yes, we should be able to install Adblock Fast for it. You can also install Adguard which blocks ads system wide without root. Only problem with Adguard is that it shows an icon in the status bar as well as a card in the pull down that you can't get rid of.

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I think the S7 and S7 Edge both come with the updated browser so yes, we should be able to install Adblock Fast for it. You can also install Adguard which blocks ads system wide without root. Only problem with Adguard is that it shows an icon in the status bar as well as a card in the pull down that you can't get rid of.

Did you see my question about the "ml.t-mobile.com" thing above? Curious if you've seen that?

It flashes for a split second....
Screenshot_20160229-151047.jpg

toptekjon

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Got my S7 Edge! First impressions: BEAUTIFUL hardware. The best I have ever seen, all things considered. Major problem though, LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG....good god this thing lags. It's doing a lot of 1st day setup and downloading etc, but this thing lags like crazy. Far more than any nexus or iPhone I've used in the same setup/restore/day 1 state. Obviously I'm going to give it a couple of days at least but if this thing lags like this after several days, I would have no choice but to return it. Very sad to say because I love the hardware and all the features so I'm definitely hoping for the best

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Zero lag on mine. Somethings going on with yours that isn't normal. Or some app causing a conflict maybe?

Mine is lightning quick. WAY faster than my old Nexus 6. And way faster than any iPhone I've seen. Including my iPad. Night and Day.

One thing I didn't see any reviewer in Spain say... was that there was any lag. Something is up with yours my man.

Try a reboot.

Last edited:

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. Thanks for the link!

Sure enough.... ml.t-mobile.com is set as Chromes default home page by default. Apparently it's no longer used by Tmo and it just redirects to Google. Still though....shouldn't be there in the first place.

Check it out when you get yours.

Thanks again!

gera815

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I receive mine tomorrow. But does anyone have any info on the Gear VR? Did it also come with the phone or when do we get those separate?

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I receive mine tomorrow. But does anyone have any info on the Gear VR? Did it also come with the phone or when do we get those separate?

Separate.

You have to wait till the promo page from Sammy goes live on the 4th. Provide IMEI and proof of purchase. You then get the 1 year of Netflix code emailed....and the VR takes 4-6 weeks to be shipped after that.

https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/gearvr/en-us/EnterTmobile?icid=WMM_TM_Q116SMSNGG_XDF45CGVJN14132

http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phones/samsung-galaxy-s7.html#faq

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
i don't think anyone outside of tmo is shipping this early. att generally ships overnight / 2day so at least we should get it by the 9th or 10th.

Agreed. When I was in the process of pre-ordering it, I ask about overnight delivery and they said it is not an option. So I don't know if that means one just does not have a choice as it will be the same for all, or that it will be coming ground and take a couple of days....

toptekjon

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, I did try a reboot. The device is very hot and still lagging, and as far as I can tell there's nothing going on. No downloads or any app installs etc. My Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, iPhone 6, and iPad, never had this problem. Even in the same day 1 setup scenario. Really not worried yet though. I think it will settle down. I was hammering on it pretty good fresh out of the box ????????????

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, I did try a reboot. The device is very hot and still lagging, and as far as I can tell there's nothing going on. No downloads or any app installs etc. My Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, iPhone 6, and iPad, never had this problem. Even in the same day 1 setup scenario. Really not worried yet though. I think it will settle down. I was hammering on it pretty good fresh out of the box

Don't know what to tell ya. Obviously, as I'm sure you've seen with all the hours of footage from Barcelona....these things don't lag. At all.

Mine is no exception. By far the fastest experience I've had on a mobile device. I did slap Nova 3.3 on it right away, but even still.... TW is not laggy like your describing. Those days are long gone.

Something might not be right with yours. Sorry to say.

Good luck in any event.

zainsikander32

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I thought I'd share the Verizon Logo on the back of their Galaxy S7 edge. Perfect way to ruin a phones beauty and ship them later too.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 13626.jpg
    13626.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 43