"I've ordered my Galaxy S7 Edge!" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

andrewdemcak

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just chatted with a Verizon rep and she said whatever date is on your order confirmation email will be the shipping date. I think they are just saying that, though.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
T-mobile really let me down. I pre-ordered on 2/24 and just received a cancellation notice because I didn't sign the EIP. I chose to pay in full so there shouldn't be an EIP. Rep I just spoke to told me I still have to sign one but I told him I never even received one. They volunteered to re-order for me but I'd be at the end of the line and I'd still have to wait for an EIP that will never arrive. Now I don't know what to do.

waverider317

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
This seems to happen with Verizon with every big phone launch. So frustrating for their customers. Ordering a phone should not be this concerning lol

tanithis

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Status update on Sprint. It is now listed that it will be sent the week of the 11th. Seeing how I was one of the first to preorder and being told this means that they were just trying to look like they were not behind T-Mobile but screwed up.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
T-mobile really let me down. I pre-ordered on 2/24 and just received a cancellation notice because I didn't sign the EIP. I chose to pay in full so there shouldn't be an EIP. Rep I just spoke to told me I still have to sign one but I told him I never even received one. They volunteered to re-order for me but I'd be at the end of the line and I'd still have to wait for an EIP that will never arrive. Now I don't know what to do.

at that point you might as well wait until the 11th and try to find it in a store. that being said, tmobile might have the absolute most useless stores / employees in the business. they can't seem to do anything with your account. so hopefully they can sell you a phone outright with no issues.

ken2ts

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Did you order your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge? Sound off below!

• Color?
  • Carrier?
  • Throwing a SD card in it?
  • Did you order directly from a carrier or somewhere else (Bestbuy or whichever)?

Got the silver one from T-Mobile, and will get a separate SD card for it.
It's a shame though that the T-Mobile store didn't inform me that my device is in back order. I would have gotten the device somewhere else and just use my T-Mobile account. Up til now, when I go to T-Mo's website, my order is still in process - no updates, no shipping info.

thoreau

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Black, Edge, Sprint. Ordered on the 28th, no add-ons via sprint (already picked up an incipio dualpro case, wireless fast charger, and 128 gig lexar pro card for it though.)

no signs of hope. Original status said shipping starting on 3/7. Then sprint changed their tune (after tmobile shipments started happening...) and posted this to the status:
"Your order for the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has been received. Orders placed before 10:00 AM CT on 3/1 will deliver in 2-5 business days. Orders placed after 10:00 AM CT on 3/1, will begin shipping 3/7. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Thank you for your patience."

Verification with a chat rep earlier this morning came up with:
"Your order will be delivered in 2-5 business days, counting from 02/29."

An hour or two ago, it changed back to:
"Your order for the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has been received. Orders will begin shipping the week of 3/7. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Thank you for your patience."

And a chat session about 20 minutes ago came up with:
"I checked with the latest inventory update, due to the high request for this product, the shipping information updated and although we are still doing our best to ship them out faster, we expect them to be delivered during the week of 03/07"

ugh =(

It wouldn't be so bad normally, but given the signature-required and fact that I'm not home when UPS comes around, I had it redirected to work. Sprint got the address wrong on the first shot, and claimed to fix it, but I'm a tad skeptical. Also don't trust that any shipment emails will make it (gmail has been nazi on ups stuff for me lately) nor that my own shipping department will notify me during the same year as any arrival.

Oh the horrible life of first-world problems =)

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Verizon said they changed the deal? LOL, why does that make me think of Darth Vader?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

So I'm sitting in my truck (I'm a paramedic) and literally snorted when I read that. I heard it in my head in his voice. My partner is looking at me like I've lost my mind, and I'm trying to explain, including the voice. I probably should have just let that one go.

bryant2086

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the same mixed responses on the delayed orders that you all are getting. Here's my chat with the Verizon rep. I'll be taking that with a grain of salt...

Chat.JPG

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't go crazy since technically the phone shouldn't be in your hands until launch. I ordered mine on Saturday thru tmobile only because I knew there's a chance I might get it early. Getting upset that others got it first is not even worth the aggravation. Cancelling the order will just push u further back and might cause u to lose out on the pre-order goodies. I would just roll with the punches and if u don't get it by launch just head to a store and pick it up then cancel your pre order. I've dealt with these issues before... only phones that are not available at launch are Iphones. Android phones are always available. Don't stress out over it life is too short.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

Something doesn't sound right there. I pre-ordered mine and paid in full and already received the phone. I didn't have to sign an EIP at all. What color were you looking for? I have a black one I ordered that should be here tomorrow. I ordered silver and black because I didn't know if I would like the silver, but the silver is a keeper.

peejay1784

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile sucks. They told me that they tried to charge my debit card, for $0.00 mind you, and that it was declined. They then told me that they tried again and that this time it went through. I called my bank and they told me that there was no declined transactions and no transactions whatsoever for the amount of $0.00 or from T-Mobile. Now they're telling me that the order is "still active" and that they are processing orders in the order that they received them, which obviously is not true based on this thread. They suck.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I just chatted with T-Mo and was also told 3/7, and that my online order status hasn't updated because the phone is still listed as "backorder". I'll wait until Monday to complain again.

But I do have a silly question. When I pre-ordered it was a Jump on Demand, and they told me that they now require a down payment for them (based on credit) that they just started doing again about two weeks ago. So they swiped my card (it was like $65), but my account has not been charged yet. This was not said to be tax, just a down payment for the device. Will this charge hit when the device is shipped? Seems weird to swipe my card but then not charge it.

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Verizon folks check your orders again, ours and several others' have gone back to the original 3/11 shipping date now. Gives me a glimmer of hope anyway :)

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
My order from Sprint went in today. I've got a business account, so ordered through my rep rather than the web site, and all she could tell me is I'd have it by the 11th.

re: Sprint. The coverage isn't the greatest, but it's acceptable, and my plan with them is unlimited (and unthrottled) data, 2100 minutes on 4 lines for $100 a month less than any of the other major carriers can give me. I can even still get subsidized phones if I want.

I agree, and I actually get very good coverage in my area.

mu5ic92

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Im wondering if anybody who has received there phone did it while upgrading using Jump. I upgraded from a note 5 to the GS7 Edge and its been sitting in "Ready for UPS" since the 27th. I haven't received any other update.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
So I received my cancellation notice this morning for not signing my eip Even though I paid full price and confirmed with csr that it was cancelled. This was three hours ago.

I just now received a tracking number despite all the above and my online order even showing as canceled. im happy but very confused.

mu5ic92

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
So I received my cancellation notice this morning for not signing my eip Even though I paid full price and confirmed with csr that it was cancelled. This was three hours ago.

I just now received a tracking number despite all the above and my online order even showing as canceled. im happy but very confused.

I received an email confirming I had signed the EIP. It was part of the JUMP! upgrade process to sign with Docusign. My order hasent been cancelled though. Im just pissed that the UPS status hasent changed to either picked up or something after this many days. They charged me already which should mean that they have actually shipped the phone and yet nothing has moved along.