T-Mobile S7/S7 Edge pre-order bonus

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not bad... I do hope the code is valid when stacking up with last year's promo hehe. Free Netflix for years!!!!

Unfortunately I won't be pre-ordering :( Still on the fence on whether to 'upgrade' or not from the Note 5, but mostly about the release date: I'll be traveling all of March and would hate for a $780 phone to be sitting at my door for three weeks haha

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Not bad... I do hope the code is valid when stacking up with last year's promo hehe. Free Netflix for years!!!!

Unfortunately I won't be pre-ordering :( Still on the fence on whether to 'upgrade' or not from the Note 5, but mostly about the release date: I'll be traveling all of March and would hate for a $780 phone to be sitting at my door for three weeks haha

Don't worry, it wouldn't be sitting there for 3 weeks! ;)

mitsueks

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You can stack... Did it last year with the 6 edge and 6+, I will stack the S7 Edge with it

Posted via the Android Central App

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I thought about jump on demand but it is the classic own vs lease. Jump vs Jump on Demand. If you will always swap phones and never want to have it paid for Jump on Demand works. No extra cost for Jump on demand vs $12 a month for Jump with Insurance. No insurance with Jump on demand. I think Insurance is $8-$10 a month without Jump. I guess you could always buy a Square trade warranty instead - Cell Phone Insurance - Cell Phone Warranty - Cellphone Insurance

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You're already paying pretty much the same every month on Jump! and trade in every year (otherwise you're not using Jump!, really hehe) plus the Jump! fee which is 12 bucks for a high-tier phone now.

The On Demand will let you swap phones three times a year and insurance is 10 bucks for the high-tier phones. And yes, you don't own the phone...but you CAN own it. On Demand payments count towards the value of the phone, so you can pay it off and keep it in the end if you want. But at the rate phones' prices drop these days, would you really want to keep it?

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
You're already paying pretty much the same every month on Jump! and trade in every year (otherwise you're not using Jump!, really hehe) plus the Jump! fee which is 12 bucks for a high-tier phone now.

The On Demand will let you swap phones three times a year and insurance is 10 bucks for the high-tier phones. And yes, you don't own the phone...but you CAN own it. On Demand payments count towards the value of the phone, so you can pay it off and keep it in the end if you want. But at the rate phones' prices drop these days, would you really want to keep it?

Good points. I might do it now but I was told that I had to start with a paid for phone? I still owed $290 on my G4 today when I jumped.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Also, you end up paying about 35 dollars more in the end for the device if your on On Demand (should you want to buy it). Monthly price is roughly the same, it's the final payment where 'they get'cha'.

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Also, you end up paying about 35 dollars more in the end for the device if your on On Demand (should you want to buy it). Monthly price is roughly the same, it's the final payment where 'they get'cha'.

Thanks for the input. I looked in to it. I would lose my grandfathered plan and they would force me to go to simple choice plan. 4 lines would go to $115 where I am paying $85 now for the plan.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh, darn! Yeah, I didn't take grandfathered plans into account. I'm on the 50-dollar all-unlimited family plan (which they kinda brought back but you need 3 with a 4th line for free... but 150 is definitely more than 85 bucks).

Mike Crimmins

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
But even with JoD, you can buy out the phone, just like Jump only its after 18 months. Jump had a mandatory $10 charge for insurance, with JoD its your choice, knowing you are leasing the phone and will have to pay for it if you can't turn it in due to water damage, won't turn on, or display doesn't work.

Last edited:

techiegirl

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a question about the free 1 year Netflix promo. I am already a Netflix customer (4 streams), and T-Mobile c/s says the offer only applies to current customers. Is that true?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a question about the free 1 year Netflix promo. I am already a Netflix customer (4 streams), and T-Mobile c/s says the offer only applies to current customers. Is that true?

Then you shouldn't be worried! Unless you meant new customers. I don't know the specifics, but on the same promo last year with the Note 5, you can use it even if you're an existing user. They give you a code to be used for credit, so I don't think it matters if you use it on a new account or an old one. Worst case scenario? Use a second e-mail to get it.

And someone here also confirmed that the codes can be stacked up, so if you already have credit from last year, you can still add this on top of that and get even more free Netflix time.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

What they will give you is the equivalent to a free full year of the 2 TV plan, at the new price is $9.99 a month, so they just convert that to a credit to your account of $119.98, so that for you with a $11.99/month plan means 10 free months.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What they will give you is the equivalent to a free full year of the 2 TV plan, at the new price is $9.99 a month, so they just convert that to a credit to your account of $119.98, so that for you with a $11.99/month plan means 10 free months.

Ummm...not so sure about that. I got the promo from last year and the code didn't 'translate' to money, it translated directly to 12 months of the standard plan (my account is still being charged in MXN, and the price there is cheaper... )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance