S7 Edge - Always on - just for notifications?

tshirttan408

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Probably a hard question to answer but is there going to be an option for the only on screen to come on when you have a notification? I like the idea of being able to see that without having to turn the screen on, but having a clock constantly on and taking 1% battery an hour seems like a bit too much for me as sometimes I have to go a long time between charges!

Cheers

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Always on - just for notifications?

Interesting question. Hopefully someone who has early access can help. Otherwise I will check when I get mine.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

I believe the notifications will show up with the always on screen along with the clock. Without the clock, I'm not too sure about.

jian9007

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

There is a setting in the always on display that says "Content To Show", so I believe you could remove the clock if you desire.

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

You can turn off the always on display, but notifications will only be visible when you turn on the screen. I've seen conflicting information on battery drain for this, some report 1% per hour and others just 1% without specifying over what period of time. Will likely need some real world testing to see what the actual battery hit is for this feature.

SurfnSun

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site

What Ive read says you can turn it off. Windows phone has had it for years...its a very nice feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21