View Poll Results: What Color For Your New S7 Edge?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black

27 31.03%
  • Gold

11 12.64%
  • Silver

49 56.32%
05-17-2016 05:02 AM
149 ... 3456
tools
    The black is too generic. I went silver. So People can see my awesome phone from far away. As in look, but don't touch.
    02-28-2016 05:17 AM
    I went with a black s7 and a black s7 edge. Silver was very reflective indoors at best buy.
    Was wondering, would the silver or gold have any impact on the vr experience?

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-28-2016 09:13 AM
    I went with a black s7 and a black s7 edge. Silver was very reflective indoors at best buy.
    Was wondering, would the silver or gold have any impact on the vr experience?

Those shiny surroundings distracted me in best buy. I couldn't even imagine them in the vr right up in my face.
    Batradia likes this.
    02-28-2016 09:17 AM
    Black. The silver, while not totally mirror-reflective, is too distracting. The black does a good job of reinforcing the feeling of the screen contents on the Edge just bleeding right off the phone. Silver makes the curve more noticeable but I can see myself tiring of the refractive look way too quickly. (Source: Checking all 3 colors out in Best Buy yesterday)
    02-28-2016 11:38 AM
    Went in to Best Buy feeling absolutely sure about getting the silver S7E. After seeing it & playing around with it, I ordered the black onyx, my first ever black smartphone. The silver was too reflective for my taste and distracting. The back I could tolerate. But I couldn't for the front. It looked like some generic appliance finish.

And the new gold platinum was too dark compared to my gold S6E and I didn't like that either.
    02-28-2016 05:16 PM
    The black is too generic. I went silver. So People can see my awesome phone from far away. As in look, but don't touch.
    Thieves can spot it from far away as well. I have a feeling silver and gold Samsungs will be the most stolen behind the iPhone.

02-28-2016 05:31 PM
    I just got back from physically comparing the black and silver. After seeing the two side by side I have decided to pre-order the black. The silver is sexy but I like the way the screen (when off) blends into the phone. The silver would be distracting and to reflective.

02-28-2016 05:42 PM
    black is always sexy..
    02-29-2016 12:33 AM
    Pre-ordered the silver titanium on Saturday. I hope it's not on backorder, seems the silver is very popular. I may have waited too long to pre-order, oh well.
    02-29-2016 03:05 AM
    Nexus 6P
    02-29-2016 11:48 AM
    Solid post
    02-29-2016 11:52 AM
    I got the black and silver but I'm no raider.
    02-29-2016 01:32 PM
    Here is a good video for all you Silver Titanium lovers.

02-29-2016 01:59 PM
    I always get black too. The silver is really shiny. I think the front looks great, but the back is just too much for me. I will be interested in your opinion.
    So you were right, it's really shiny, but I still liked it. The black looked great too, but that silver really stood out. I'm glad I went with it instead of black this time around.
    02-29-2016 03:23 PM
    I pre-ordered silver. I'm gonna go into a store and make sure that I really like it, but I'm pretty sure I will. I always get black phones, I think it's time for something new.
    You staying with silver or going to black?
    02-29-2016 06:06 PM
    I went with silver. I'm tired of black phones lol

The silver is reflective but not overly so. At T-Mobile, they let me play with a separate model away from the distractions of the others. On it's own it's the most stunning phone I've ever seen.

02-29-2016 06:14 PM
    I've noticed that most of the videos from MWC make it look as if the silver S7E is made of chrome, reflecting every single light and showing almost extreme glare. Many of the videos make it look like a complete mirror and several of the first look reviewers talked about how aggressive the lighting was there.

However, some of the videos, such as the one above, and others that are taken in outdoor or more normal lighting make the silver color look like it is simply a glossy gray with a dull mirror finish. I'm as concerned as anyone about ordering it and not liking it, but more standard lighting conditions are starting to ease my worries.
    rdrive41071 likes this.
    02-29-2016 06:20 PM
    You staying with silver or going to black?
    Gonna stay with the silver. I'm ready to switch it up and that silver looks good to me in person. Did you decide which you were getting yet?
    02-29-2016 06:41 PM
    Gonna stay with the silver. I'm ready to switch it up and that silver looks good to me in person. Did you decide which you were getting yet?
    I'm worst then an old lady, can't decide. Love the silver but still think I might get sick of it too soon.
    I'm going to order next week so I better come up with a decision soon.

Silver or Black S7 Edge?-img_0144.jpg
    02-29-2016 06:44 PM
    I'm worst then an old lady, can't decide. Love the silver but still think I might get sick of it too soon.
    I'm going to order next week so I better come up with a decision soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0144.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	218012
    What case you gonna use on the silver one?

Posted from Android Central
    02-29-2016 06:55 PM
    It's funny that here silver is leading by a decent margin but on another similar forum black is leading by a considerable margin.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    02-29-2016 06:58 PM
    They're both awesome looking phones. I think it comes down to what you feel like looking at for the next year or so.

I'm usually a black phone guy, so I want to go the opposite route this time out.

02-29-2016 07:38 PM
    Started first debating Silver or Black. Wanted black because its true deep black. Have a silver note 5 but silver is more exclusive for the S7 edge. Went to best buy. The lighting there made the silver too mirror like. It is not the same silver as the note 5. The gold is even different from the s6 edge +. Went with the gold/copper. Possibly going to order the exynos black if it doesn't come with a logo on the front.
    02-29-2016 07:41 PM
    It's funny that here silver is leading by a decent margin but on another similar forum black is leading by a considerable margin.
    Yea, on XDA the black is way ahead of the silver in the poll.
    02-29-2016 08:02 PM
    Yea, on XDA the black is way ahead of the silver in the poll.

I think this forum is more consumer oriented while the other (XDA) is more for serious geeks. Fashion is going to be a bit of a higher priority for consumers. Geeks probably don't really care about such things.
    03-01-2016 05:57 AM
149 ... 3456