03-01-2016 04:24 PM
57 123
tools
    Checked them out today at local BB. Very grateful I ordered the black one from Verizon. I nearly ordered silver and after seeing it in person today, there's no way I could have lived with it. Waaaayyyyyy too shiny. And gold is just too gaudy for my taste.
    02-25-2016 12:27 PM
    Just came back from Best Buy and they did not have the silver on display.
    02-25-2016 01:24 PM
    I love the silver, it's different and most of the cases I like are black which will look nice with silver. I'm sick of black phones.
    02-25-2016 01:32 PM
    I love the silver, it's different and most of the cases I like are black which will look nice with silver. I'm sick of black phones.
    I still can't decide between the black or silver. That silver is calling my name though.
    02-25-2016 01:39 PM
    I seen the display models today at BB. I got to play with them for about 15 min or so, the Samsung reps didn't care. I probably asked about 20 questions..lol And the best part both of the Samsung reps are bunch of beauties . For the most part I'm stoked. I can't wait to get my hands on mine. Hopefully it will ship out sometime in the middle of next week. Hope to have it no later than March 8th. I thought the black was the best looking one. The silver was too shinny and mirror like.
    02-25-2016 04:52 PM
    I have never had this much trouble choosing a phone color. I originally ordered the Silver only to change it to Gold. I have always had black phones and wanted to do something different. But that black is sexy too. I went with the gold because it is a more subtle gold and not gaudy....
    Man. I was all in for Silver.... Spent to much time at Best Buy and changed pre order to Black. Silver looked cool but it was pretty reflective.... Black is reflective just not as much.

The final straw that pushed me to black is the fact that I hate tv's or monitors with any color bezel but black. I would feel the same way eventually with a phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    livetoride4666 likes this.
    02-25-2016 07:42 PM
    Few shots from my local best buy..hope they aren't side ways

Attached Thumbnails Display models at Best Buy [Samsung Galaxy S7 edge]-32.jpg  
    02-25-2016 11:21 PM
    So people think the gold maybe looks a little coppery? I like that look myself, but maybe a real copper S7 would be pretty sweet.
    02-26-2016 12:10 AM
    Me too. Me too! I went into Best Buy but what I was concerned about was the size of the Edge. My S6E is about as big as I care to have, but laying the S6E on top of the S7E the size difference is really marginal. 5.1 v. 5.5 (measured diagonally) was only slightly taller and wider. It felt much bigger and looks much bigger, but its not. All in for Gold Edge. Everything worked very smoothly, the edge features were nice and much larger on the screen.
    02-26-2016 06:07 AM
    I didn't realize the silver was basically chrome, almost pre-ordered one in silver, I'm going with black. thanks!
    02-26-2016 12:04 PM
    Why do the pics people put in their posts here not show up on the mobile app? Is they're a setting somewhere in the app for that?

Posted via the Android Central App from my pearly white Galaxy S6, black Note 3 or Nexus 7
    02-26-2016 12:37 PM
    Oh man. I went to the Best Buy in Maple Grove, MN and played around with the silver S7 edge that was on display and holy cow, what an amazing phone. For a 5.5" screen, the phone was small! I was shocked! The bezels seem to have shrunk and the home button seems to have gotten a little bigger. I absolutely love the Super AMOLED screens on Samsung phones and the S7 edge's display seems sharper than the S6's display. TouchWiz seems to be toned down to, which is great. Those edge features were awesome. The S7 edge is the nicest phone I have ever held and March 11 can't come soon enough!
    02-26-2016 05:25 PM
    Oh man. I went to the Best Buy in Maple Grove, MN and played around with the silver S7 edge that was on display and holy cow, what an amazing phone. For a 5.5" screen, the phone was small! I was shocked! The bezels seem to have shrunk and the home button seems to have gotten a little bigger. I absolutely love the Super AMOLED screens on Samsung phones and the S7 edge's display seems sharper than the S6's display. TouchWiz seems to be toned down to, which is great. Those edge features were awesome. The S7 edge is the nicest phone I have ever held and March 11 can't come soon enough!
    Got my hands on one today in store and also surprised by how small it feels. Placed my HTC One m8 on top of it and there's barely any difference!
    anon(5630457) likes this.
    02-26-2016 05:47 PM
    I'm really torn as well. The S7 Edge looks simply stellar with all of the right improvements. I gotta decide if i'm going with the Silver or Gold
    02-26-2016 05:48 PM
    Is it true that the camera no longer takes pictures in 16x9 mode? So none of the pictures fill the screen while you're viewing them back?
    02-26-2016 05:57 PM
    Got my hands on one today in store and also surprised by how small it feels. Placed my HTC One m8 on top of it and there's barely any difference!
    My iPhone 6s Plus looked like a brick when compared to the S7 edge. I want my S7 edge now! Haha.

BTW, the two gentlemen working the phone area said people who preorder their S7 edges through that particular Best Buy won't have them in hand until 3/11, whether they're being shipped to their house or if they're picking them up in the store.
    livetoride4666 likes this.
    02-26-2016 06:00 PM
    Thanks for the pix. I went with silver and can't wait to get it.
    02-26-2016 06:18 PM
    I went to the Verizon store and tested both s7 and s7e. They are nice phones, but I wasn't wow'd. Maybe I expect more or something, however I still may get one later.

The size of the s7e isn't that much bigger than my s5. It's taller, but the width may be the same.

The software was fast and snappy, but I was disappointed in the scrolling not being as smooth and fast as the iPhone, though it was still good. I feel like iPhone is in a league of their own when it comes to scrolling. I felt as if when zooming in and out of a photo, it wasn't as fast as my s5 which zooms really fast. Though maybe I'm seeing something that's not actually there.

The opened apps menu was a bit disappointing because some of the apps were refreshing even with 4 GB of ram. It could be because the verizon demo apps were open. But it didn't take a long time to refresh the youtube app when switching to it after a bit of time.

The icon sizes were too big. Does anyone know if we can
    reduce their sizes without a 3rd party launcher?

I like how they brought back two finger pull down of the status bar to allow us to see all the buttons available as we were able to on the s5. Not sure if the s6 had this feature.

Screen is amazing as usual as I think Samsung's super amoled is the best type of screen in the phone business.

Camera takes really quick pictures. I didn't really test the low light capability or do much intensive photography, but I'm sure it's a great camera and could be the best smartphone camera this year so far if not all year.

Anyways, from my 30-40 min of testing, I thought the phone was good and I may end up getting it later.
    02-26-2016 06:55 PM
    Is it true that the camera no longer takes pictures in 16x9 mode? So none of the pictures fill the screen while you're viewing them back?
    The phone offers lower mp photos of which the 9mp mode allows 16:9 widescreen photos. The 12mp mode only allows 4:3 photos.
    ahamick likes this.
    02-26-2016 07:00 PM
    Thank you. I have the S6 edge but may switch to the S7 edge. The only complaint I have with mine is poor battery life. I'm sure the S7 will be a big improvement.
    02-26-2016 07:11 PM
    Checked them out today at local BB. Very grateful I ordered the black one from Verizon. I nearly ordered silver and after seeing it in person today, there's no way I could have lived with it. Waaaayyyyyy too shiny. And gold is just too gaudy for my taste.
    I went and looked at them today and had the same thought. So glad I cancelled my silver order.
    02-26-2016 11:31 PM
    I saw the gold and black at best buy today and the black looked WAY better to me. Probably getting the black edge.

02-27-2016 02:02 AM
    The black looks cool. It all blacked out!
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    02-27-2016 07:06 PM
    My iPhone 6s Plus looked like a brick when compared to the S7 edge.
    And that's the reason why I'm also replacing mine with an S7 EDGE. The 6S Plus is very heavy and the bezel size is ridiculous. I like iOS, but the 6S is too small for me and the 6S Plus is, as you've mentioned, like a brick
    anon(5630457) and jordyd like this.
    02-27-2016 09:26 PM
    Forgot to quote
    02-27-2016 09:51 PM
57 123