Display models at Best Buy [Samsung Galaxy S7 edge]

elir41

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I was able to check them out at my local Best Buy and I switched from wanting the silver to the black. All colors look great, but I really liked the look of the black more than the other two. It really is a nice device and not too big considering the size of the screen (Edge). I've never been a fan of Samsung, but when I had seen the S6 Edge in person and just how great of a display it had, it has me tempted to get it, but decided to wait. I'm glad I did.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have never had this much trouble choosing a phone color. I originally ordered the Silver only to change it to Gold. I have always had black phones and wanted to do something different. But that black is sexy too. I went with the gold because it is a more subtle gold and not gaudy....

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Checked them out today at local BB. Very grateful I ordered the black one from Verizon. I nearly ordered silver and after seeing it in person today, there's no way I could have lived with it. Waaaayyyyyy too shiny. And gold is just too gaudy for my taste.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I seen the display models today at BB. I got to play with them for about 15 min or so, the Samsung reps didn't care. I probably asked about 20 questions..lol And the best part both of the Samsung reps are bunch of beauties ;). For the most part I'm stoked. I can't wait to get my hands on mine. Hopefully it will ship out sometime in the middle of next week. Hope to have it no later than March 8th. I thought the black was the best looking one. The silver was too shinny and mirror like.

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I have never had this much trouble choosing a phone color. I originally ordered the Silver only to change it to Gold. I have always had black phones and wanted to do something different. But that black is sexy too. I went with the gold because it is a more subtle gold and not gaudy....

Man. I was all in for Silver.... Spent to much time at Best Buy and changed pre order to Black. Silver looked cool but it was pretty reflective.... Black is reflective just not as much.

The final straw that pushed me to black is the fact that I hate tv's or monitors with any color bezel but black. I would feel the same way eventually with a phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
So people think the gold maybe looks a little coppery? I like that look myself, but maybe a real copper S7 would be pretty sweet.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Me too. Me too! I went into Best Buy but what I was concerned about was the size of the Edge. My S6E is about as big as I care to have, but laying the S6E on top of the S7E the size difference is really marginal. 5.1 v. 5.5 (measured diagonally) was only slightly taller and wider. It felt much bigger and looks much bigger, but its not. All in for Gold Edge. Everything worked very smoothly, the edge features were nice and much larger on the screen.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Why do the pics people put in their posts here not show up on the mobile app? Is they're a setting somewhere in the app for that?

Posted via the Android Central App from my pearly white Galaxy S6, black Note 3 or Nexus 7

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh man. I went to the Best Buy in Maple Grove, MN and played around with the silver S7 edge that was on display and holy cow, what an amazing phone. For a 5.5" screen, the phone was small! I was shocked! The bezels seem to have shrunk and the home button seems to have gotten a little bigger. I absolutely love the Super AMOLED screens on Samsung phones and the S7 edge's display seems sharper than the S6's display. TouchWiz seems to be toned down to, which is great. Those edge features were awesome. The S7 edge is the nicest phone I have ever held and March 11 can't come soon enough!

tshirttan408

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Oh man. I went to the Best Buy in Maple Grove, MN and played around with the silver S7 edge that was on display and holy cow, what an amazing phone. For a 5.5" screen, the phone was small! I was shocked! The bezels seem to have shrunk and the home button seems to have gotten a little bigger. I absolutely love the Super AMOLED screens on Samsung phones and the S7 edge's display seems sharper than the S6's display. TouchWiz seems to be toned down to, which is great. Those edge features were awesome. The S7 edge is the nicest phone I have ever held and March 11 can't come soon enough!

Got my hands on one today in store and also surprised by how small it feels. Placed my HTC One m8 on top of it and there's barely any difference!

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm really torn as well. The S7 Edge looks simply stellar with all of the right improvements. I gotta decide if i'm going with the Silver or Gold