How many of you will use Stock Software on your S7 Edge? (Launcher, Browser, Etc.)

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I hear that they've made improvements to the native browser but, if it doesn't do text reflow I'm going to continue using Dolphin. Why most every other browser doesn't do this is simply mind boggling to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAWTd9h1lbI

Regarding launchers, I've used Nova for so long it's hard to imagine not sticking with it but I may give TW a shot. Nova gives so much opportunity for customization it's not even funny, but I'm willing to keep an open mind.

What say the rest of you?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: How Many Of You Will Stick With The Stock Launcher And/or Browser?

I I'll give it a try but most likely will use Nova prime and chrome. Samsung sometimes doesn't include their stock browser anyways, so it might not even be an option.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

Nova and I will try the stock browser. If it doesn't work like I need it too then it's on to Chrome..

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm perfectly fine with Samsung's stock launcher. In fact, I must be one of the few people out there who likes it. I don't like Samsung's browser though. I'll be using Chrome on my S7 edge.

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site

I'll try it for a little bit and if I don't like it I will head over to Nova. I had Touchwiz on my S6 for a good few months before I tried Nova

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

I used the stock TW on the S6. But I think I am going to use Nova or some other launcher this time. I use Chrome and love it.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

Stock launcher yes, i've never really had any issues, and i'm not sure how another launcher would interfere with the edge features.

Browser no way, chrome is my go to. That being said, Google really needs to get on that text reflow.... that's really cool.

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I'm determined to try using the stock launcher for a a week or so. If all hope is lost, I'll probably revert to Nova. I'm tempted to try the Blackberry Priv launcher, but that probably won't work properly with the Edge UX side menu.

On another note, the anxiety of waiting for the phone to release is unbelievable! How are we suppose to sleep at night ;-)

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

Nova and Chrome FTW. I use gmail exclusively and it's a pain on stock launcher not being able to view unread count. Seems that would be standard. But they have unread badge for Facebook smh.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Stock and Chrome. While I'm not in love with touch wiz, I'm used to it and I may be one of the few who stays away from launchers like Nova because of too many options. Just overload for me lol. But I can definitely see why it's the go to launcher for many folks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Even though I am not getting the S7 ... I would most likely change to Google or Nova launcher. I also would most definitely use Chrome versus the stock browser.

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site

Nova and Chrome FTW. I use gmail exclusively and it's a pain on stock launcher not being able to view unread count. Seems that would be standard. But they have unread badge for Facebook smh.

I have Nova Prime with tesla unread and still don't get an unread badge for facebook

Le0_Br4zUc4

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I'll probably use Action Launcher 3 and Chrome being that Verizon doesn't include Samsung's stock browser on the S line up, only the Note has the stock browser on Verizon

Posted via the Android Central App

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i will totally use the stock launcher. I love the Sammy calendar, dialer, messaging, and email apps. Especially when a samsung phone is fresh and new, it's the best. The problem is it becomes a lagfest after a year or so. Hopefully they have that fixed.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
When I get an S7 in a few months, I plan on running the stock launcher. I hope that the devs on XDA make a ROM that has all the bloat stripped out.

I am using my old Note Edge with a ROM with no bloat whether it's Googles own or T-Mobiles. It's amazing how much improved the battery life is on that phone now.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
i will totally use the stock launcher. I love the Sammy calendar, dialer, messaging, and email apps. Especially when a samsung phone is fresh and new, it's the best. The problem is it becomes a lagfest after a year or so. Hopefully they have that fixed.
I totally agree with you. I maybe the other only person to use stock everything on Samsung phones..They all seem to work together.

FCSC

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I totally agree with you. I maybe the other only person to use stock everything on Samsung phones..They all seem to work together.

This will be my first samsung / android, so i'm planning on trying out stock first,Nice to see some people do find them useful.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz