I bought the S7 Edge - Will it have issues like my previous phone(s)?

Danny Long2

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Done what I said I would never do again - ordered a Samsung product!
After the GS5 experience I swore to never buy Samsung again and now here I am £600 quid worse off!

The GS5 ran hot all the time. Back cracked basic tasks like music skipping were heavily delayed as the phone always seemed to be busy doing something else!

Loyal Samsung fans please put my mind at rest!!! 😁

Posted via the Android Central App

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Ordered it now I'm worried!

Done what I said I would never do again - ordered a Samsung product!
After the GS5 experience I swore to never buy Samsung again and now here I am £600 quid worse off!

The GS5 ran hot all the time. Back cracked basic tasks like music skipping were heavily delayed as the phone always seemed to be busy doing something else!

Loyal Samsung fans please put my mind at rest!!! ??????

i have the s6 edge and im quite amazed tbh ano its not the s7edge but the marshmallow update bring the features to the s6 edg i think youll be fine and you have a 14 day cooling off period so if you dont like it send it back get you money :)

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I've owned every model iPhone ever made and almost every Galaxy and Note ever made,, I have a S7 Edge on pre-order and dumping my iPhone 6S Plus for the S7 Edge.

Apple and Samsung both make great phones but my experience has always been in favor of the Samsungs over the iPhones.

Apples slogan of "it just works" is a big stretch,, I've had more glitches with my iPhones than my Samsungs,,,,, also Apple is so always playing catch up on features that Samsung offers way before Apple.

A few days ago I got to do a side by side hands on camera comparison between my current iPhone 6S Plus and the S7 Edge and wow,, it wasn't even a close contest, the S7 totaly blew away my 6S Plus with photo and video quality,,,, I was actually embarrassed by my iPhones camera when I compared it to the S7 Edge.

Cheers, Davyo

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site

I've owned every model iPhone ever made and almost every Galaxy and Note ever made,, I have a S7 Edge on pre-order and dumping my iPhone 6S Plus for the S7 Edge.

Apple and Samsung both make great phones but my experience has always been in favor of the Samsungs over the iPhones.

Apples slogan of "it just works" is a big stretch,, I've had more glitches with my iPhones than my Samsungs,,,,, also Apple is so always playing catch up on features that Samsung offers way before Apple.

A few days ago I got to do a side by side hands on camera comparison between my current iPhone 6S Plus and the S7 Edge and wow,, it wasn't even a close contest, the S7 totaly blew away my 6S Plus with photo and video quality,,,, I was actually embarrassed by my iPhones camera when I compared it to the S7 Edge.

Cheers, Davyo

How did you get to do a camera comparison with a phone that isn't out yet?

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

My guess is going into a Best Buy store somewhere. I went into my local Best Buy last night and played around with the S7 Edge and i'll agree, even compared to my S6, the camera is amazing.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

S7 should be a substantial upgrade over the s5. With that said, at least in the usa, you can return within 14 days if not happy

Danny Long2

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Yes the 14 day cooling off period was a big driver for going for it. I'm currently on an LG G4. The GS5 was so bad but must admit Samsung seemed to raise their game with the GS6

Had a play with it and the camera looks fantastic

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I have been buying Samsung phones for years, going all the way back to the Note 2, and I have never experienced the lag that Samsung detractors talk about. That being said, when I had the Note 5, I had no problems with it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

GS5 was crap and touchwiz was crap that time as well. Samsung has come a long way improving that, optimizing touchwiz etc. S7 is probably the best looking, performing hardware along with the best camera. Touchwiz is way better now and doesn't lag like before even though it still looks dated. You should definitely have way nicer experience than the turd S5 was.
Obviously there will be lots of people defending my S5 was perfect etc but it was a turd.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Sounds like the OP had a software issue. My son has a GS5 that's never given him a bit of trouble. Doesn't run hot, doesn't lag like the OP describes, and never cracked or broke. I suspect those calling it a turd never actually had one.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Currently on the Galaxy S5 in the U.K. on the Global unbranded model, G900F, running stock Samsung Marshmallow, Android 6.0.1, and still loving it. :):):)

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like the OP had a software issue. My son has a GS5 that's never given him a bit of trouble. Doesn't run hot, doesn't lag like the OP describes, and never cracked or broke. I suspect those calling it a turd never actually had one.

I have to concur. My wife has been carrying around an S5 for a couple of years now and it has been bombproof.

She skipped the S6 because they took too much away, but pre-ordered the S7 Edge as soon as it came up as an option. :)

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I would agree the GS5 was the worst galaxy I've owned and I've had them all. I own the GS6 and I must say best Built and performing phone I ever had this thing is a beast.

I also pre-ordered the GS7 edge the only concern I have is the performance of the Snapdragon 820 processor bit form what I've been reading this chip is a beast we'll see

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

S5 OS is 2 generations old (kit kat) compared to S7. It also had 2 gigs of ram compared to S7's 4 gig. S7 has an internal liquid cooling system. It also has a more streamlined version of touch wiz (de-bloated). Also compare quad-core (S5) vs Octa-core(S7). Hope this helps

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

I'm the biggest iPhone and Nexus homer in the entire world and I pre-ordered this phone and am very excited about it. If I can find peace in this, I'm sure you can too.

Danny Long2

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

I'm the biggest iPhone and Nexus homer in the entire world and I pre-ordered this phone and am very excited about it. If I can find peace in this, I'm sure you can too.

Ha ha yes sure I can!

It was the waterproof that tipped it for me. My Xperia Z4 Tablet has it and it's great in holiday with a can of San Miguel!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Ha ha yes sure I can!

It was the waterproof that tipped it for me. My Xperia Z4 Tablet has it and it's great in holiday with a can of San Miguel!

Not Waterproof... Water Resistant. Trust me... there is a difference.

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Went to my local Best Buy, the Samsung rep there had a new S7 and S7 Edge stashed in his pockets (not for display in the wild).
The Samsung rep was very cool and let me play with both phones for around 20 to 30 minutes, most of that play time I spent with the cameras, taking shots of the BB store with the S7, S7 Edge and my iPhone 6S Plus.

All cameras set to AUTO mode, pics from the S7 and S7 Edge were of course identical and AMAZING while the pics on my 6S+ were a total waste, it wasn't even a fair fight,,, same lighting, all phones set to AUTO and my 6S+ pics were very dark and dull and embarrassing while the Samsung shots were simply jaw dropping.

I asked the Samsung rep to email me the pics from the S7 Edge and he tried but the email never arrived in my inbox (he was having an issue setting up the Edge as it had not been fully set-up yet so I guess that's why the email sample shots didn't send to me).

The minute I got home I pre-ordered the S7 Edge.

On a side note, while the Edge is bigger it really didn't feel that much bigger in the hand compared to the S7, and the Edge felt more comfortable than my past Note 5.

Cheers, Davyo

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

Apples slogan of "it just works" is a big stretch,, I've had more glitches with my iPhones than my Samsungs,,,,,

I wouldn't have agreed until I got my 6S Plus. That one has been an nightmare for me. Audio issues, Bluetooth problems, spontaneous reboots and overheating. Usually fixed through a factory reset, but I don't have the time to re-install the phone every 2 weeks (restoring just re-introduces the issue). Since last week, I've been having battery issues - battery won't last through the day + audio notifications sometimes don't work and the phone vibrates instead, even though vibration is turned off and audio on :-/

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn't have agreed until I got my 6S Plus. That one has been an nightmare for me. Audio issues, Bluetooth problems, spontaneous reboots and overheating. Usually fixed through a factory reset, but I don't have the time to re-install the phone every 2 weeks (restoring just re-introduces the issue). Since last week, I've been having battery issues - battery won't last through the day + audio notifications sometimes don't work and the phone vibrates instead, even though vibration is turned off and audio on :-/

Just walk into an Apple Store, say your unhappy for the above issues I'm pretty sure they will exchange for a new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37