Verizon floor models out today - a few pictures

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Verizon floor models out today. The tramp stamps were all covered by the security devices, I'm sure they are under there. I hope the final models do not have all that other printing below the "Galaxy S7 Edge" logo on the backs. The internal storage is much better on the Verizon versions then the ones at Best Buy. Still can't decide between the silver or black. :-\ The stock Samsung browser has also been stripped out by Verizon. :'(

ver01.jpgver04.jpgver05.jpgver06.jpgver07.jpgver08.jpgver09.jpgver10.jpg

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
What the heck? What does Sammys browser do that Verizon's doesn't want you to do? They actually block it?

Or does it go back to the embedded tracking bologna?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The Verizon store has an extender running in there? Is that so their phones can show they always have full bars? :D.

Oh also just noticed .. the back has the new Verizon logo. I was wondering if the new crop of phones would have that.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon store has an extender running in there? Is that so their phones can show they always have full bars? :D.

Oh also just noticed .. the back has the new Verizon logo. I was wondering if the new crop of phones would have that.
I am sure that they would incorporate it as soon as possible.

Some Verizon stores are in areas of poor Verizon signal... This could be one of them.

Le0_Br4zUc4

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
No, it was the same thing on the Note 5 and I believe S6.

The Note line up is the only line up of Samsung phone that Verizon "keep" the Samsung browser in it. The S models and all the lower end devices have the browser taken out.

I was looking forward to get a good browser with ad block...

Posted via Note 5 using the Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
The Note line up is the only line up of Samsung phone that Verizon "keep" the Samsung browser in it. The S models and all the lower end devices have the browser taken out.

I was looking forward to get a good browser with ad block...

Posted via Note 5 using the Android Central App

I knew it was one or the other. Been a while since I've had the Note 5 or Galaxy S6.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

How can you tell there's an extender running there?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How can you tell there's an extender running there?

You can see it from the icon. See the little house (above the cell bars) with what looks to be signal bars going outwards from the top? That symbol means the phone is connected to an extender.

Last edited:

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
You can see it from the icon. See the little house (above the cell bars) with what looks to he signal bars going outwards from the top? That symbol means the phone is connected to an extender.

Thanks, I never knew that. This is a big fancy Verizon Smart Store and they built right where the Verizon signal is very poor. When they opened the store last year the reception was very weak there (0-1 bars), now full bars. This all makes sense now.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Damn... The models at best buy don't have that ridiculous NFC icon...sad to see the Verizon models do. I hate having a ton of clutter up there. I prefer to leave NFC on all the time. Don't need a logo to remind me. I'm gonna assume they disabled the system ui tuner also.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Damn... The models at best buy don't have that ridiculous NFC icon...sad to see the Verizon models do. I hate having a ton of clutter up there. I prefer to leave NFC on all the time. Don't need a logo to remind me. I'm gonna assume they disabled the system ui tuner also.

Hm? That just means NFC is on. If you turn it off the icon goes away.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Hm? That just means NFC is on. If you turn it off the icon goes away.

I know what it means... Did you even read what I wrote? The non carrier locked models don't have the icon showing NFC is on.. Its pointless to have more clutter especially if you leave NFC on all the time. Its some crap that Verizon and ATT think they need to add.