06-05-2016 01:17 PM
143 1234 ...
tools
    I ordered the Skinomi protector from Amazon. Skinomi has always been a great brand with great products and they have a lifetime warranty.
    Link? For some reason I couldn't find it.
    chriscw81 likes this.
    03-03-2016 05:42 PM
    Here you go: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BG2B7XE/...cUvbUpU5030905

I got the matte finish screen.
    dpham00 likes this.
    03-03-2016 05:51 PM
    Here you go: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BG2B7XE/...cUvbUpU5031003

I got the matte finish screen.
    Ah ok. For some reason I was thinking it was glass
    03-03-2016 06:33 PM
    Had some correspondence with MIMEUSA yesterday. I have there Mime Ghost tempered glass protector on my note 3 and it has been great. They said theirs is expected to be ready next week.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-03-2016 06:38 PM
    Ordered the Skinomi as well through Amazon. They already sent me an improved replacement for free. I just got another email from them yesterday stating they are sending me a second revised one. Pretty cool of them.

03-03-2016 06:46 PM
    I wish you could try a screen protector out before buying. My biggest concern with the Edge screen protectors is that there will be a rough edge from the protector on the edges...anyone have any experience with the S6 edge in this regards?
    On the S6E, after many months of trials, the Chinese manufs pulled it off. Here's how my S6E is currently protected. No loss of sensitivity.

03-03-2016 06:47 PM
    I have never used a screen protector and never would. Why in the world would you want you cover that lovely screen when all you have to do to protect it is use a minimal amount of common sense in your day to day use and handling of the phone?
    I watched a friend of mine replace his screen on his S3 at least 4 different times...he refused to put a tempered glass screen protector on it...well, the first thing he did when he got his Note 4 Edge was get that tempered glass screen....about 3 weeks after he got it, he cracked the glass...it saved his screen...he is sold on the glass screen protectors...so am I, it saved my Note 3 screen once. I will definitely get one on my S7 Edge
    SR45 likes this.
    03-03-2016 07:31 PM
    I received my Skinomi thru Amazon last week. (Still no phone, pre-ordered AT&T 2/23). Received email from Skinomi yesterday & they were unhappy with the fit on the S7 Edge & are shipping a new & improved skin. Have used Skinomi on all my devices for years. Usually they apply fairly easily & give great protection.

Yeah, got the same mail, they're also sending me another one - it'll unlikely arrive before the phone comes, though :-/
    03-04-2016 08:01 AM
    so whats the consensus on tempered screen protector vs a regular zagg ?
    03-04-2016 05:39 PM
    so whats the consensus on tempered screen protector vs a regular zagg ?
    I'd wait and see. The S6E was a nightmare when it came to glass protectors. I've literally gone through $100+ worth of protectors that all had flaws. The closest I got was from a seller off eBay which I would rate at 8/10.
    03-04-2016 06:29 PM
    Honestly once you have had a good tempered glass screen protector you probably would never ask that question.

Considering even the regular zagg is still a premium product it isn't as big of a jump as some of the $3 El cheapo's out there, but would still be much nicer. The simple truth is nothing compares to glass. That is why it is so tempting to leave the phone naked. A tempered glass protector allows for that great fell and still provides extensive protection.

SR45 and Captpt like this.
    03-04-2016 06:33 PM
    Honestly once you have had a good tempered glass screen protector you probably would never ask that question.

Considering even the regular zagg is still a premium product it isn't as big of a jump as some of the $3 El cheapo's out there, but would still be much nicer. The simple truth is nothing compares to glass. That is why it is so tempting to leave the phone naked. A tempered glass protector allows for that great fell and still provides extensive protection.

Have you personally had that kind of experience using tempered glass with an edge device? So far it seems it's very difficult to find perfect glass for edges devices. I can see why glass is great bit the edge is difficult to make perfect glass for...

Sent from Tapatalk
    03-04-2016 07:05 PM
    Have you personally had that kind of experience using tempered glass with an edge device? So far it seems it's very difficult to find perfect glass for edges devices. I can see why glass is great bit the edge is difficult to make perfect glass for...
    Nothing I stated has anything to do with edge devices. Yes I know they are harder to make, which is the main reason I haven't ordered one yet. I don't like the selection that is avaliable right now. Doesn't change the benifits when getting a good high quality one though.

Personally I wouldn't suggest getting the cheapest of either version. Do a bit of research and get from a company that has been around a while making them. I am waiting for Mime to release theirs.

03-04-2016 07:38 PM
    Nothing I stated has anything to do with edge devices. Yes I know they are harder to make, which is the main reason I haven't ordered one yet. I don't like the selection that is avaliable right now. Doesn't change the benifits when getting a good high quality one though.

Personally I wouldn't suggest getting the cheapest of either version. Do a bit of research and get from a company that has been around a while making them. I am waiting for Mime to release theirs.

I'm gonna wait a bit and see what people have to say about them (in general, not the specific one you mentioned). I don't have the money to throw around trying a bunch of glass screen protectors.
    03-04-2016 07:43 PM
    I'm gonna wait a bit and see what people have to say about them (in general, not the specific one you mentioned). I don't have the money to throw around trying a bunch of glass screen protectors.
    Agreed. I'll wait patiently until a proven product is released. Reviews will pop up quickly after the release date.

Ok, I doubt I'll actually be waiting patiently :-)

Sent from Tapatalk
    Kevin OQuinn likes this.
    03-04-2016 08:13 PM
    what is the name or brand of this.
    thank you
    03-05-2016 12:25 PM
    My S7 Edge should be arriving in the UK tomorrow, but I'm struggling to find any decent screen protectors over here. On Amazon US there's a tonne, but over in the UK there's barely any available right now.

I've seen the Zagg Invisible Shield HD but it's hard to tell if it even covers the Edge portion of the screen or not? Does anyone have any screen protector recommendations?
    03-07-2016 03:39 AM
    My S7 Edge should be arriving in the UK tomorrow, but I'm struggling to find any decent screen protectors over here. On Amazon US there's a tonne, but over in the UK there's barely any available right now.

I've seen the Zagg Invisible Shield HD but it's hard to tell if it even covers the Edge portion of the screen or not? Does anyone have any screen protector recommendations?
    I haven't been able to find many that have actually been verified to fit properly on the edge. Amazon is loaded with fake good reviews and real bad reviews. The only ones I've seen that have a recent review that appears legit don't ship for a while. I've also been searching to find a screen protector so when my phone arrives in a few days I won't be using it naked

Sent from Tapatalk
    SR45 likes this.
    03-07-2016 02:33 PM
    DO NOT get the Spigen® [Curved Crystal HD] full coverage screen protector. Ordered mine direct from their Ebay shop, along with the Neo Hybrid case. Love the case (had the same on my S6), but the screen protectors are garbage. I've had plenty of experience installing various kinds of protectors on different phones, but this is the first time the protectors (2 were included) would not adhere to the screen. Main problem was along the curved edges. The material would just not stay down. Hoping they'll honor my refund request.

I had tempered glass on my S6, and I have to agree, nothing comes close. I hope there will be a satisfactory option for the S7 Edge soon.
    03-07-2016 07:13 PM
    I so want a tempered glass screen protector. All my most recent phone have had one, and it is light years better than plastic. Had the S6 Edge +, and had very bad luck with tempered glass, bought a bunch of them, none of them fit well.

I have decided to go with plastic for a bit until someone makes a good one (have high hopes on Zagg, as they did the right thing with they mistake on the S6 and refunded any who bought it, and in talking with them, they seem hopeful for the S7 Edge).

I bought the original Zagg but the guy at Best Buy tore it while installing it (so they refunded, as it was the only one they had). Found another Best Buy today that claimed to have the original Zagg in stock, got there and it had been sold, but they had one of the HD ones (Zagg was out of stock on their site). Got it installed. Will run with that while I watch for reviews as the tempered glass begin to hit the market.
    03-07-2016 07:31 PM
    Is the zagg edge to edge?

03-07-2016 07:48 PM
    I've literally spent over $100 testing glass protectors for the S6E. I haven't managed to find one I haven't ripped off within a couple of days yet. You're playing it smart waiting for impatient people like me to test the waters :P.

DO NOT get the Spigen® [Curved Crystal HD] full coverage screen protector. Ordered mine direct from their Ebay shop, along with the Neo Hybrid case. Love the case (had the same on my S6), but the screen protectors are garbage. I've had plenty of experience installing various kinds of protectors on different phones, but this is the first time the protectors (2 were included) would not adhere to the screen. Main problem was along the curved edges. The material would just not stay down. Hoping they'll honor my refund request.

I had tempered glass on my S6, and I have to agree, nothing comes close. I hope there will be a satisfactory option for the S7 Edge soon.
    I love the protector! I have it on my S6 Edge but you have to make it's PERFECTLY aligned or the edges lift. I've yet to come across a more frustrating and time consuming application in all the years I've used a screen protector. Once it's on though, it's a great product. I may have to make a how to video when my S7E arrives...
    03-07-2016 09:43 PM
    I also do not recommend the SPIGEN CURVED CRYSTAL. I ordered mine from their website and the sides would not stick at all. I ended up finding a ZAGG HD at bestbuy and am LOVING it. I usually always go with spigen crystal clear screen protectors cause they are truly amazing and you lose nothing of screen quality but this one just ddin't pull through for me.
    03-07-2016 09:59 PM
    Yea, I had tempered glass on my Note 4 and loved it.. I'll wait for a really good one for my S7 Edge.. when it comes lol
    03-07-2016 10:12 PM
    I also do not recommend the SPIGEN CURVED CRYSTAL. I ordered mine from their website and the sides would not stick at all. I ended up finding a ZAGG HD at bestbuy and am LOVING it. I usually always go with spigen crystal clear screen protectors cause they are truly amazing and you lose nothing of screen quality but this one just ddin't pull through for me.
    Is it a film? Hate those because it feels slightly rubbery. Haven't used a Zagg HD though but that's what it looks like?
    03-07-2016 10:13 PM
143 1234 ...