06-05-2016 01:17 PM
143 12345 ...
tools
    The Zagg HD is a film but it feels as smooth as the screen.
    KimJongOMG and SR45 like this.
    03-07-2016 11:26 PM
    The Zagg HD is a film but it feels as smooth as the screen.
    Oh sweet! I'll have to pick one up then. Thanks for the response!
    03-08-2016 12:50 AM
    I also do not recommend the SPIGEN CURVED CRYSTAL. I ordered mine from their website and the sides would not stick at all. I ended up finding a ZAGG HD at bestbuy and am LOVING it. I usually always go with spigen crystal clear screen protectors cause they are truly amazing and you lose nothing of screen quality but this one just ddin't pull through for me.
    I have one of those - I hope mine works. Paid almost 45 bucks for it (shipping to Europe is very expensive). I also have some 3$ supershieldz lying around as plan B
    03-08-2016 08:52 AM
    *edit*

Sorry double post.
    03-08-2016 10:21 AM
    I have one of those - I hope mine works. Paid almost 45 bucks for it (shipping to Europe is very expensive). I also have some 3$ supershieldz lying around as plan B
    Hopefully it works for you. I did some looking up and it seems people have been complaining about the curved edges since the S6 Edge and Edge Plus. A lot of complaints say that even if they do get it to stick after some time they start to come up.
    03-08-2016 10:32 AM
    Hi, just bought the Zagg HD dry protector for the z7. So far I am happy with it. Here is a link to a video showing everything is lined up with the holes and edges.

bought it at a Sprint store. And had them install it.
    03-09-2016 09:30 PM
    I put the Spigen Curved Crystal on yesterday and removed it again after a few hours. It was a nightmare to put on, it wouldn't stick to the edges and, worst of all, it's a massive smudge / grease magnet. In my opinion one of the worst screen protectors I've ever used. I now have a 3$ Supershieldz plastic one on and that one is fine. The only problem is that after putting the phone in the Gear VR, the edges started lifting up - but this seems to be a general issue with the Gear VR in connection with screen protectors
    03-09-2016 09:40 PM
    Hi, just bought the Zagg HD dry protector for the z7. So far I am happy with it. Here is a link to a video showing everything is lined up with the holes and edges.

Does it have that orange peel effect? From the video, it doesn't look very smooth and a bit rubbery. Can you confirm?
    03-09-2016 10:11 PM
    The Skinomi Matte protector saved my phone from going back because the damn thing attracted so much oil. I love the way it looks, it looks like sheet metal instead of a mirror.

It was a super easy wet install and it perfectly fits the phone. No problems with it not adhering.
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S7 Edge - What screen protector ?-1457584923845.jpg  
    03-09-2016 10:42 PM
    I believe I have a puregear protector, had Tmobile install it on Monday. Edges will not stay down, has lint and grease under the protector. It covers all of the lit screen, but does not reach the metal body which results in a rough edge also. I do not recommend this.

Edit: this one

http://www.pure-gear.com/shop-by-device/samsung/extreme-impact-screen-protector.html
    03-09-2016 10:59 PM
    Does it have that orange peel effect? From the video, it doesn't look very smooth and a bit rubbery. Can you confirm?
    madkoda12 confirmed it's smooth a few posts up. I'm going to pick one up tomorrow. I'll let you know how it is if you want additional confirmation.
    03-10-2016 01:19 AM
    I believe I have a puregear protector, had Tmobile install it on Monday. Edges will not stay down, has lint and grease under the protector. It covers all of the lit screen, but does not reach the metal body which results in a rough edge also. I do not recommend this.

Edit: this one

http://www.pure-gear.com/shop-by-dev...protector.html
    This. Mine has actually pulled up on several occasions. Installed by an associate. Gonna see if I can return it as it is terrible.
    03-10-2016 01:58 AM
    I had this installed at the mall kiosk today until the glass edge to edge one comes out. They installed it, and mine is very smooth, but it does have that somewhat rubbery feel, not bad but not glass. The feel is way better then previous ones I have tried, and not as bad as they used to be, but I still prefer glass every time and will switch when that comes out, I just need edge to edge protection for now. I do surprisingly like it though.
    03-10-2016 02:08 AM
    Have look around gadgetshieldz? They providing whole body screen protectors not to worry about the scratches on rear or sides of the s7 edge but sadly not tempered glass yet.
    Available in both matte and clear screen
    03-10-2016 02:13 AM
    I have never used a screen protector and never would. Why in the world would you want you cover that lovely screen when all you have to do to protect it is use a minimal amount of common sense in your day to day use and handling of the phone?
    Alcohol negates common sense.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Sopstic likes this.
    03-10-2016 02:15 AM
    The Skinomi Matte protector saved my phone from going back because the damn thing attracted so much oil. I love the way it looks, it looks like sheet metal instead of a mirror.

It was a super easy wet install and it perfectly fits the phone. No problems with it not adhering.
    I've been seeing that Skinomi was sending out bad screen protectors that did not properly fit the S7 edge. Apparently they have been sending out replacements because of it. Is the one in the picture a replacement or the original you bought? when and where did you buy it?

chris
    03-10-2016 06:19 AM
    <Deleted>
    03-10-2016 07:53 AM
    I've been seeing that Skinomi was sending out bad screen protectors that did not properly fit the S7 edge. Apparently they have been sending out replacements because of it. Is the one in the picture a replacement or the original you bought? when and where did you buy it?

chris
    I purchased mine on March 3rd from Amazon. The protector fits the phone absolutely perfect. I haven't been contacted about design changes, perhaps I received the latest?
    03-10-2016 08:29 AM
    Deleted
    03-10-2016 09:39 AM

I couldn't live with that, but that's just me.
    jfoofoo likes this.
    03-10-2016 09:48 AM
    Supershieldz are awesome and very cheap. I'll keep mine on until someone releases a good glass one
    03-10-2016 12:14 PM
    madkoda12 confirmed it's smooth a few posts up. I'm going to pick one up tomorrow. I'll let you know how it is if you want additional confirmation.
    The Original has the orange peal, the HD, while plastic is smooth like glass
    03-10-2016 01:55 PM
    Installed. It's slightly rubbery but no orange peel like the Skinomi wet install skins. It's not as smooth as, let's say a Spigen Crystal, but it's definitely better than a Skinomi. It's like the Crystal and Skinomi wet had a love child and this is the result.
    03-10-2016 07:14 PM
    Well here is an update on the SPIGEN CURVED CRYSTAL screen protectors. I did not even contact them but they e-mailed me about their product. here is what they said

"Thank you for your recent purchase with Spigen to protect your Galaxy S7 Edge device. We are excited to hear that you purchased our Curved Crystal product! However, there may be adhesive issues along the sides of the screen protector. We sincerely apologize if you are experiencing this problem.

Our top priority is the satisfaction of our customers. We will be shipping out an updated product to express our gratitude at no additional charge. The reshipment will be processed and ship out on or before March 28, 2016. In the meantime, feel free to use the original product at your leisure.

Once again, we are sorry for the inconvenience of this situation. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for being a Spigen fan!

Sincerely,

Spigen Customer Care"

So thankfully they are aware of the issue with the protector. Hopefully the new edition will be as great as their past products. I really do love the Spigen Crystal screen protectors.
    03-10-2016 08:56 PM
    Well here is an update on the SPIGEN CURVED CRYSTAL screen protectors. I did not even contact them but they e-mailed me about their product. here is what they said

"Thank you for your recent purchase with Spigen to protect your Galaxy S7 Edge device. We are excited to hear that you purchased our Curved Crystal product! However, there may be adhesive issues along the sides of the screen protector. We sincerely apologize if you are experiencing this problem.

Our top priority is the satisfaction of our customers. We will be shipping out an updated product to express our gratitude at no additional charge. The reshipment will be processed and ship out on or before March 28, 2016. In the meantime, feel free to use the original product at your leisure.

Once again, we are sorry for the inconvenience of this situation. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for being a Spigen fan!

Sincerely,

Spigen Customer Care"

So thankfully they are aware of the issue with the protector. Hopefully the new edition will be as great as their past products. I really do love the Spigen Crystal screen protectors.
    Let me know when that's out if you can please. I want to pick one up unless Zagg releases a tempered glass screen protector that's actually good before then.
    03-10-2016 09:02 PM
143 12345 ...