Galaxy S7 Edge - What screen protector ?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Does it have that orange peel effect? From the video, it doesn't look very smooth and a bit rubbery. Can you confirm?

madkoda12 confirmed it's smooth a few posts up. I'm going to pick one up tomorrow. I'll let you know how it is if you want additional confirmation.

michellebjohn

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I believe I have a puregear protector, had Tmobile install it on Monday. Edges will not stay down, has lint and grease under the protector. It covers all of the lit screen, but does not reach the metal body which results in a rough edge also. I do not recommend this.

Edit: this one

http://www.pure-gear.com/shop-by-device/samsung/extreme-impact-screen-protector.html
This. Mine has actually pulled up on several occasions. Installed by an associate. Gonna see if I can return it as it is terrible.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Does it have that orange peel effect? From the video, it doesn't look very smooth and a bit rubbery. Can you confirm?

I had this installed at the mall kiosk today until the glass edge to edge one comes out. They installed it, and mine is very smooth, but it does have that somewhat rubbery feel, not bad but not glass. The feel is way better then previous ones I have tried, and not as bad as they used to be, but I still prefer glass every time and will switch when that comes out, I just need edge to edge protection for now. I do surprisingly like it though.

chennaite

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Have look around gadgetshieldz? They providing whole body screen protectors not to worry about the scratches on rear or sides of the s7 edge but sadly not tempered glass yet.
Available in both matte and clear screen

Last edited:

soboness5

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: What screen protector ?

I have never used a screen protector and never would. Why in the world would you want you cover that lovely screen when all you have to do to protect it is use a minimal amount of common sense in your day to day use and handling of the phone?

Alcohol negates common sense.

Posted via the Android Central App

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The Skinomi Matte protector saved my phone from going back because the damn thing attracted so much oil. I love the way it looks, it looks like sheet metal instead of a mirror.

It was a super easy wet install and it perfectly fits the phone. No problems with it not adhering.

I've been seeing that Skinomi was sending out bad screen protectors that did not properly fit the S7 edge. Apparently they have been sending out replacements because of it. Is the one in the picture a replacement or the original you bought? when and where did you buy it?

chris

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I've been seeing that Skinomi was sending out bad screen protectors that did not properly fit the S7 edge. Apparently they have been sending out replacements because of it. Is the one in the picture a replacement or the original you bought? when and where did you buy it?

chris

I purchased mine on March 3rd from Amazon. The protector fits the phone absolutely perfect. I haven't been contacted about design changes, perhaps I received the latest?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

Installed. It's slightly rubbery but no orange peel like the Skinomi wet install skins. It's not as smooth as, let's say a Spigen Crystal, but it's definitely better than a Skinomi. It's like the Crystal and Skinomi wet had a love child and this is the result.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Well here is an update on the SPIGEN CURVED CRYSTAL screen protectors. I did not even contact them but they e-mailed me about their product. here is what they said

"Thank you for your recent purchase with Spigen to protect your Galaxy S7 Edge device. We are excited to hear that you purchased our Curved Crystal product! However, there may be adhesive issues along the sides of the screen protector. We sincerely apologize if you are experiencing this problem.

Our top priority is the satisfaction of our customers. We will be shipping out an updated product to express our gratitude at no additional charge. The reshipment will be processed and ship out on or before March 28, 2016. In the meantime, feel free to use the original product at your leisure.

Once again, we are sorry for the inconvenience of this situation. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for being a Spigen fan!

Sincerely,

Spigen Customer Care"

So thankfully they are aware of the issue with the protector. Hopefully the new edition will be as great as their past products. I really do love the Spigen Crystal screen protectors.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Well here is an update on the SPIGEN CURVED CRYSTAL screen protectors. I did not even contact them but they e-mailed me about their product. here is what they said

"Thank you for your recent purchase with Spigen to protect your Galaxy S7 Edge device. We are excited to hear that you purchased our Curved Crystal product! However, there may be adhesive issues along the sides of the screen protector. We sincerely apologize if you are experiencing this problem.

Our top priority is the satisfaction of our customers. We will be shipping out an updated product to express our gratitude at no additional charge. The reshipment will be processed and ship out on or before March 28, 2016. In the meantime, feel free to use the original product at your leisure.

Once again, we are sorry for the inconvenience of this situation. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for being a Spigen fan!

Sincerely,

Spigen Customer Care"

So thankfully they are aware of the issue with the protector. Hopefully the new edition will be as great as their past products. I really do love the Spigen Crystal screen protectors.

Let me know when that's out if you can please. I want to pick one up unless Zagg releases a tempered glass screen protector that's actually good before then.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Let me know when that's out if you can please. I want to pick one up unless Zagg releases a tempered glass screen protector that's actually good before then.
From my own experience: don't bother with the Curved Crystal: it smudges real easily and your screen looks like you touched it after eating fries with your fingers and smeared the grease all over it after an hour or two. I have no idea what they coat that thing with.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
From my own experience: don't bother with the Curved Crystal: it smudges real easily and your screen looks like you touched it after eating fries with your fingers and smeared the grease all over it after an hour or two. I have no idea what they coat that thing with.

I have the crystal on my S6 Edge. It actually behaves like the glass which is quite funny. Naked glass smears like no tomorrow on these phones for some reason. Spigen somehow managed to capture that magic :p

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000