Galaxy S7 Edge - What screen protector ?

arab305

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
So I pre ordered a otterbox symmetry case for my s7 edge and was wondering what is the best screen protector for the phone ? I was thinking going with the trusty zagg, but is the tempered glass ones really worth it ? What are you guys/gals purchasing for your new phone ?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: What screen protector ?

Personally I will get a tempered glass screen protector. Zagg makes one.

Dan Franchini

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

I heard the Zagg tempered glass screen protector for the S7 Edge isn't supposed to be available immediately. If you go to their website, it is not listed as available.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Yes it isn't available immediately. I would get a regular one in the mean time

azie

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site

That's a good question. You can protect the back and the sides, but what about the screen. I only had phones with normal screen.
Is there a better solution?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site

I have never used a screen protector and never would. Why in the world would you want you cover that lovely screen when all you have to do to protect it is use a minimal amount of common sense in your day to day use and handling of the phone?

azie

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site

I have never used a screen protector and never would. Why in the world would you want you cover that lovely screen when all you have to do to protect it is use a minimal amount of common sense in your day to day use and handling of the phone?
Well, imagine that for a moment, **** happens. Hope that helps.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Let's keep things on track. this thread is about what screen protector to use, not whether or not to use a screen protector.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

My understanding is that the zagg covers the entire screen including the curve.

Thanks, I hope so
I want one to cover completely.
If anyone gets, let us hear if the do.

Posted from Android Central

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I have a screen protector on my Note 5, and thank God for that! I have 2 deep scratches. The question I have is Does it matter which screen protector you use?. I tired of paying high prices for the skin!

Posted via the Android Central App

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I have a screen protector on my Note 5, and thank God for that! I have 2 deep scratches. The question I have is Does it matter which screen protector you use?. I tired of paying high prices for the skin!

Yes. Cheaper ones sometimes offer multiple protectors for a low price but don't last, and tend to scratch easily, some are self-healing, and then there is tempered glass. Pick your poison.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I wish you could try a screen protector out before buying. My biggest concern with the Edge screen protectors is that there will be a rough edge from the protector on the edges...anyone have any experience with the S6 edge in this regards?

arab305

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
So I received my phone and case today. Now I need a screen protector and nowhere has them in stock. I am scared to use the phone without worrying about scratching it up, has anyone found anything in stock anywhere ?

trussrules

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I purchased two screen protectors on Amazon - The Skinomi TechSkin and the IQ Shield Liquidskin. ( I don't have enough posts to post links)

Neither of them fit. If you line up the top holes, the screen protector covers up the home button - and if you line up the home button, it covers the speaker at the top. Pretty disappointed.

hopismum

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Luvvitt makes a tempered glass screen saver for the S7 Edge and S7. Reasonably priced on Amazon. The one for the Edge is curved to cover the edges. I've used their screensaver on my s5 for the last 2 years. Same one has lasted the entire 2 years. No fingerprint issues, cleans easily, very easy to apply. Can definitely recommend quality.

19.99 on Amazon for the Edge

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Luvvitt makes a tempered glass screen saver for the S7 Edge and S7. Reasonably priced on Amazon. The one for the Edge is curved to cover the edges. I've used their screensaver on my s5 for the last 2 years. Same one has lasted the entire 2 years. No fingerprint issues, cleans easily, very easy to apply. Can definitely recommend quality.

19.99 on Amazon for the Edge

I saw these, thanks for your review of them. Are they difficult to put on?
I have s5 and had att put on glass one and love it.

Posted from Android Central