Galaxy S7 Edge - What screen protector ?

hopismum

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
It was extremely easy to apply. My husband uses one on his company phone too. After trying dozens of other types of protectors this one has impressed me. I'm hoping they've done as well with the one for the edge.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lfsnz67

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
The Luvvitt is the one I've preordered. The Zagg looks like it might be a ways off. Right now I have an Armorsuit waiting for my S7 Edge...

pmalena

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I received my Skinomi thru Amazon last week. (Still no phone, pre-ordered AT&T 2/23). Received email from Skinomi yesterday & they were unhappy with the fit on the S7 Edge & are shipping a new & improved skin. Have used Skinomi on all my devices for years. Usually they apply fairly easily & give great protection.

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I received my Skinomi thru Amazon last week. (Still no phone, pre-ordered AT&T 2/23). Received email from Skinomi yesterday & they were unhappy with the fit on the S7 Edge & are shipping a new & improved skin. Have used Skinomi on all my devices for years. Usually they apply fairly easily & give great protection.

I'm wondering when they are shipping. I've been all over the Internet today trying to find a screen protector that someone has actually been happy with. No luck so far. Amazon is filled with fake reviews of people who have not actually put the protectors on the screen. Heck, I'd be happy with a temporary one that fits "good enough" until I can get a a better one later.

Sent from Tapatalk

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the Skinomi protector from Amazon. Skinomi has always been a great brand with great products and they have a lifetime warranty.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Had some correspondence with MIMEUSA yesterday. I have there Mime Ghost tempered glass protector on my note 3 and it has been great. They said theirs is expected to be ready next week.

kalel114

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ordered the Skinomi as well through Amazon. They already sent me an improved replacement for free. I just got another email from them yesterday stating they are sending me a second revised one. Pretty cool of them.

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I wish you could try a screen protector out before buying. My biggest concern with the Edge screen protectors is that there will be a rough edge from the protector on the edges...anyone have any experience with the S6 edge in this regards?

On the S6E, after many months of trials, the Chinese manufs pulled it off. Here's how my S6E is currently protected. No loss of sensitivity.

AirMech74

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: What screen protector ?

I have never used a screen protector and never would. Why in the world would you want you cover that lovely screen when all you have to do to protect it is use a minimal amount of common sense in your day to day use and handling of the phone?

I watched a friend of mine replace his screen on his S3 at least 4 different times...he refused to put a tempered glass screen protector on it...well, the first thing he did when he got his Note 4 Edge was get that tempered glass screen....about 3 weeks after he got it, he cracked the glass...it saved his screen...he is sold on the glass screen protectors...so am I, it saved my Note 3 screen once. I will definitely get one on my S7 Edge

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, got the same mail, they're also sending me another one - it'll unlikely arrive before the phone comes, though :-/

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
so whats the consensus on tempered screen protector vs a regular zagg ?

I'd wait and see. The S6E was a nightmare when it came to glass protectors. I've literally gone through $100+ worth of protectors that all had flaws. The closest I got was from a seller off eBay which I would rate at 8/10.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Honestly once you have had a good tempered glass screen protector you probably would never ask that question.

Considering even the regular zagg is still a premium product it isn't as big of a jump as some of the $3 El cheapo's out there, but would still be much nicer. The simple truth is nothing compares to glass. That is why it is so tempting to leave the phone naked. A tempered glass protector allows for that great fell and still provides extensive protection.

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Honestly once you have had a good tempered glass screen protector you probably would never ask that question.

Considering even the regular zagg is still a premium product it isn't as big of a jump as some of the $3 El cheapo's out there, but would still be much nicer. The simple truth is nothing compares to glass. That is why it is so tempting to leave the phone naked. A tempered glass protector allows for that great fell and still provides extensive protection.

Have you personally had that kind of experience using tempered glass with an edge device? So far it seems it's very difficult to find perfect glass for edges devices. I can see why glass is great bit the edge is difficult to make perfect glass for...

Sent from Tapatalk

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Have you personally had that kind of experience using tempered glass with an edge device? So far it seems it's very difficult to find perfect glass for edges devices. I can see why glass is great bit the edge is difficult to make perfect glass for...

Nothing I stated has anything to do with edge devices. Yes I know they are harder to make, which is the main reason I haven't ordered one yet. I don't like the selection that is avaliable right now. Doesn't change the benifits when getting a good high quality one though.

Personally I wouldn't suggest getting the cheapest of either version. Do a bit of research and get from a company that has been around a while making them. I am waiting for Mime to release theirs.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Nothing I stated has anything to do with edge devices. Yes I know they are harder to make, which is the main reason I haven't ordered one yet. I don't like the selection that is avaliable right now. Doesn't change the benifits when getting a good high quality one though.

Personally I wouldn't suggest getting the cheapest of either version. Do a bit of research and get from a company that has been around a while making them. I am waiting for Mime to release theirs.

I'm gonna wait a bit and see what people have to say about them (in general, not the specific one you mentioned). I don't have the money to throw around trying a bunch of glass screen protectors.

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna wait a bit and see what people have to say about them (in general, not the specific one you mentioned). I don't have the money to throw around trying a bunch of glass screen protectors.

Agreed. I'll wait patiently until a proven product is released. Reviews will pop up quickly after the release date.

Ok, I doubt I'll actually be waiting patiently :)

Sent from Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan