Galaxy S7 Edge - What screen protector ?

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Just applied the skinomi hd clear and already not too happy with it I have to wait about 4-5 hours for it to dry and am already tempted to get the HD Dry from Zagg until their curved comes out. Ugh.

I installed my matte Skinomi protector before I went to bed so it'd dry overnight.

Posted via the Android Central App on the S7 edge

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The xtreme shield protectors are not good. They feel so rubbery. They are making taps on my screen unresponsive or delayed. I'm looking at the iQ shield one now.

Posted via the Android Central App

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Purchased the Zagg HD from Best Buy today for my 7 edge. While I was making my purchase the guy told me that they do not accept returns on screen protectors once they've been opened.

The Zagg was a pita to install because every time I would squeegee the screen it would shift. After reapplying it 3 times, wearing gloves, it looked like crap. I ended up just tossing it in the trash. Zagg wants $4 to ship their warranty replacement. I should have just lit $25 on fire.

Earlier I used the Skinomi matte which went on flawless. I took it off because it made the screen pixelated. I ordered up the Skinomi HD clear hoping I'll have better luck.

Wish I would have seen this before I bought the Zagg - complete garbage especially considering it was $25. Even after it settled and some of the micro bubbles went away, it totally has that orange peel look to it. And $4 for a warranty replacement is a joke. Stay away from the Zagg HD.

Yorkshire_Bourne

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I've just spent £30 on a Tech21 Evo case for my S7.

I also have a full screen protector but unfortunately the edges don't like the new case, so other than the central area of the screen, the edges are all raised away from the phone screen.

Is this likely to happen with a more expensive full size tempered glass protector?

I've never had one before, but I don't want to spend anymore money until I can figure out whether it's the case thats at fault or its the cheap screen protector not sticking properly?!?!?!

pst23

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I have given up trying to find a great screen protector or the perfect screen protector install. the closest I've been able to get to perfect is t-mobile's pure gear screen protector and it doesn't even cover the entire edge.

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: screen protection

I'm using the zagg body wrap, front and back protection. It's not tempered glass, but it works nicely and has a good feel in the hand

jredfearn390

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Zagg HD Full Body..I'm waiting for the intial cost to drop before I try Tempered . I have the Zagg and I gotta say after the first couple if days it seems to really disappear at first when it was settling I was worried but after a couple of days it layed down and I can't tell....One thing watch the corners especially when removing and replacing your cases I noticed it started to push up the corners for the first couple of days but seems to be getting better

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The Skinomi Matte protector saved my phone from going back because the damn thing attracted so much oil. I love the way it looks, it looks like sheet metal instead of a mirror.

It was a super easy wet install and it perfectly fits the phone. No problems with it not adhering.

I got one of those, 5 days later I had to peel it off. It has that grainy effect on the screen. However the fit and feel were perfect.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I got one of those, 5 days later I had to peel it off. It has that grainy effect on the screen. However the fit and feel were perfect.

I had to do the same thing. The pixelation never went away and the colors were too washed out. I purchased the Skinomi HD clear and love it.

I was really disappointed because I loved the matte finish.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I installed the Zagg HD dry yesterday. Super easy to install with no issues. I'm a huge fan of Zagg and love their lifetime warranty program. The edges are sticking just fine. I used my thumbs per the instructions.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I installed the Zagg HD dry yesterday. Super easy to install with no issues. I'm a huge fan of Zagg and love their lifetime warranty program. The edges are sticking just fine. I used my thumbs per the instructions.

Don't forget the $5.99 Shipping and handling charge for replacements

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Don't forget the $5.99 Shipping and handling charge for replacements

You're correct. I made the mistake of purchasing a Zagg protector and I should have known better when Best Buy told me no returns at the point of purchase.

I had the hardest time getting the protector to adhere to the curve of the screen. Since I peeled the screen back so many times to reapply the solution it stretched out. I went online, registered my purchase, and was going to file a claim for a replacement when I saw I had to pay return shipping along with shipping for a new protector.

Tossed thd Zagg in the trash where it belonged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair