03-20-2016 06:06 AM
248 12345 ...
tools
    Thanks for the response I was hoping you'd say that I actually prefer smaller phones so I was a little worried it would be too big

How about the vr? Do you have the headset have you tried it?

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-28-2016 09:49 AM
    Haven't tried the VR. Haven't even opened the box.

I just don't see a real use for it at the moment
    02-28-2016 09:50 AM
    What are your impressions on battery life so far?
    02-28-2016 09:56 AM
    What are your impressions on battery life so far?
    Can't judge yet as my home has a totally ****ty mobile reception (max 2 bars) so it screws the testing a little.

But still this phone seems to handle it's battery really well. Will see starting tomorrow when going back to work so my usage will "normalise"
    02-28-2016 10:01 AM
    The edge isn't used for notifications. And it seems neither is the AoS. Or maybe it's used only for samsungs own apps
    This is why I still like my Note Edge. I'm not so sure I want to order a S7 Edge now. I was thinking of ordering one today but I may continue to wait a while.
    02-28-2016 01:00 PM
    what's the stock sms messaging app UI look like? I've never been big on Samsung's sms look, so I use Textra, but Textra doesn't play nice with Android Auto
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-28-2016 01:38 PM
    Congratulations, and Happy Phone Day/Week!
    EMGSM, Cakefish and Grey_girl like this.
    02-28-2016 02:00 PM
    Working slowmo

ironass, Storm24, Cakefish and 2 others like this.
    02-28-2016 03:00 PM
    Working slowmo

How did you go from regular speed to slow-mo? Was that an onboard phone app or third party?
    02-28-2016 05:49 PM
    Couple of questions:

- Double tap to wake. Does it have it?

- Theme engine. Did Samsung left it as on the S6 (meaning, you can change the colour of the notification tray etc) or did they restrain it?

I'm considering getting the S7 (because it's smaller) so I guessed you could answer this since it should be the same on both phones. Thanks

(PS - Regarding the fastness...it was fast! Although I've read some stores guaranteeing that they'd be delivering the phones before the launch here too).
    02-28-2016 06:46 PM
    Couple of questions:

- Double tap to wake. Does it have it?

- Theme engine. Did Samsung left it as on the S6 (meaning, you can change the colour of the notification tray etc) or did they restrain it?

I'm considering getting the S7 (because it's smaller) so I guessed you could answer this since it should be the same on both phones. Thanks

(PS - Regarding the fastness...it was fast! Although I've read some stores guaranteeing that they'd be delivering the phones before the launch here too).
    Double tap works. I tried it at best buy and seemed faster than my Note 5.

Theme engine is there. I watched a video (can't remember) by who and I saw the option for theme on the launcher. I also looked at it at best buy. Theme Store didn't open but I'm guessing it was because there was no WiFi connected

02-28-2016 06:58 PM

Theme engine is there. I watched a video (can't remember) by who and I saw the option for theme on the launcher. I also looked at it at best buy.
    Thanks!

As for the Theme engine, I know it's there. That I'm certain. My question is regarding the extension it reaches. On the S6 the themes were allowed to change things like the notification tray (something that, for example, neither Sony's nor LG's theme engine does). I am interested to know if the S7 kept the S6 freedom extension on that on Marshmallow or if it was reduced (like Sony did from KitKat to Lollipop for example). Because Samsung's TouchWiz I can get rid of with another launcher. But system stuff like the notification tray remains the same and it's important to me to be able to get rid of the light/white colours Samsung's using.
    02-28-2016 07:17 PM
    Thanks!

As for the Theme engine, I know it's there. That I'm certain. My question is regarding the extension it reaches. On the S6 the themes were allowed to change things like the notification tray (something that, for example, neither Sony's nor LG's theme engine does). I am interested to know if the S7 kept the S6 freedom extension on that on Marshmallow or if it was reduced (like Sony did from KitKat to Lollipop for example). Because Samsung's TouchWiz I can get rid of with another launcher. But system stuff like the notification tray remains the same and it's important to me to be able to get rid of the light/white colours Samsung's using.
    If they kept it the same from the S6, you should still be able to.

Hope the OP clarifies that with his own unit.
    02-28-2016 07:22 PM
    By any chance do you have better headphones/earphones than what's included in the box? I'm interested to see how sound quality compares between s6 and s7.

Also quite interested in that battery test.
    02-28-2016 07:44 PM
    How did you go from regular speed to slow-mo? Was that an onboard phone app or third part?
    That is how the s7 edge works. You can select the slowed part etc
    EMGSM and Dukins like this.
    02-28-2016 09:14 PM

Theme engine is there. I watched a video (can't remember) by who and I saw the option for theme on the launcher. I also looked at it at best buy. Theme Store didn't open but I'm guessing it was because there was no WiFi connected

There is no double tap to wake.

For the theme engine. I guess it is the same as on the s6

Thanks!

02-28-2016 09:17 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...b52d8e5402.jpg
    I'm thankful for that.

The theme engine is one of my favorite features in the current TouchWiz.
    Cakefish likes this.
    02-28-2016 09:20 PM

Thanks for your answer!
    Sad for no double tap to wake but then again, that is easily solved with Nova.
    Very glad to see the theme engine still reaches the notification tray at least
    02-28-2016 10:43 PM
    How are the speakers compared to the S6 or any of last year's Samsung flagships? If you are able to test, would love to hear your feedback.
    02-28-2016 11:17 PM
    I've seen a screen shot of the S7 info that shows out of the 32GB of internal storage, 12.5GB is for system memory and 19.5GB is "available space".
    02-29-2016 03:08 AM
    I've seen a screen shot of the S7 info that shows out of the 32GB of internal storage, 12.5GB is for system memory and 19.5GB is "available space".
    I watched a YouTube video earlier that showed around 24GB available out of the box.
    02-29-2016 03:09 AM
    Getting S7 Edge today! T-mobile sent me an email that by UPS i will be getting my S7 Edge today in Florida. Very surprised they are a week and a half early! Very excited and will be up all day waiting for it. Also got conformation for my free Gear VR. All good here!

inffy likes this.
    02-29-2016 04:15 AM
    Hi inffy... again!

Thanks for your generous help on this thread.

One question that I must ask as you have obviously been using your phone a LOT more than you normally would since receiving it... is your Global model phone overheating or running very hot at all on the octa core Exynos chipset as there have been a number of reports on this and other forums of the U.S. carrier minority variants on the quad core Qualcomm chipset getting hot quickly. on the store demo models.

Once again, thanks for your help.
    inffy likes this.
    02-29-2016 05:10 AM
    Hi, ive heard about hybrid sim card slot, not sure if its just for asian markets, but instead of using the slot for micro sd card it can be used instead for a second sim card, does yours have this?

02-29-2016 05:12 AM
    Hi, ive heard about hybrid sim card slot, not sure if its just for asian markets, but instead of using the slot for micro sd card it can be used instead for a second sim card, does yours have this?

That sounds like you are referring to the Asian S7/Edge dual sim models, G930FD and G935FD.
    02-29-2016 05:17 AM
248 12345 ...