03-20-2016 06:06 AM
248 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Hi inffy... again!

Thanks for your generous help on this thread.

One question that I must ask as you have obviously been using your phone a LOT more than you normally would since receiving it... is your Global model phone overheating or running very hot at all on the octa core Exynos chipset as there have been a number of reports on this and other forums of the U.S. carrier minority variants on the quad core Qualcomm chipset getting hot quickly. on the store demo models.

Once again, thanks for your help.
    Haven't noticed any overheating or anything like that. Although haven't played any games.

One thing is that the Exynos version actually seems not use the liquid cooling system (Read this from somewhere)
    ironass likes this.
    02-29-2016 05:18 AM
    Hi, ive heard about hybrid sim card slot, not sure if its just for asian markets, but instead of using the slot for micro sd card it can be used instead for a second sim card, does yours have this?

Posted via the Android Central App
    I guess that is only for the dual sim models.
    02-29-2016 05:18 AM
    Haven't noticed any overheating or anything like that. Although haven't played any games.

One thing is that the Exynos version actually seems not use the liquid cooling system (Read this from somewhere)
    Thanks inffy!

That's very good to hear. These links explain the cooling system that Samsung has introduced on the S7/Edge...

Samsung Galaxy S7 Teardown Reveals How Its Liquid Cooling System Works

First Galaxy S7 teardown reveals the liquid cooling system
    02-29-2016 05:29 AM
    Damn this getting hectic... My video is now featured on sammobile and phone arena
    02-29-2016 05:42 AM
    Damn this getting hectic... My video is now featured on sammobile and phone arena
    "And the Oscar for best technical video from a newcomer goes to... inffy!!!"
    02-29-2016 05:45 AM
    Fame :-) .... video is good. Quick question ... do you slow the video down whilst recording, or do you slow it down once it has been recorded?
    02-29-2016 05:49 AM
    Fame :-) .... video is good. Quick question ... do you slow the video down whilst recording, or do you slow it down once it has been recorded?
    There is a slowmo mode that you select.

Then after the shooting, in the samsungs gallery app you can even select the parts you slow down and then export it
    02-29-2016 05:51 AM

Then after the shooting, in the samsungs gallery app you can even select the parts you slow down and then export it
    So, you have had to select the slowmo mode first, before you record. Or record in standard and then slow it down afterwards?
    02-29-2016 05:53 AM
    So, you have had to select the slowmo mode first, before you record. Or record in standard and then slow it down afterwards?
    I think you need to select the slowmo mode for the camera to realise to do the slowing effect
    02-29-2016 05:55 AM
    Hi inffy... again!

Thanks for your generous help on this thread.

One question that I must ask as you have obviously been using your phone a LOT more than you normally would since receiving it... is your Global model phone overheating or running very hot at all on the octa core Exynos chipset as there have been a number of reports on this and other forums of the U.S. carrier minority variants on the quad core Qualcomm chipset getting hot quickly. on the store demo models.

Once again, thanks for your help.
    I think it got hot because the store models are running 24/7 and some have their displays constantly turned on.

The S6 and Note 5 store units I tried last year were also pretty warm.

Quick question.

Is it hardware or software-based? Because I am somewhat puzzled at the software-based implementation of slow-mo on most Android devices, evident by the loss of quality.

So I'm hoping that it's hardware based, like the iPhone.

Also, yep. That video is on SamMobile.
    http://www.sammobile.com/2016/02/29/...oks-real-nice/
    02-29-2016 07:39 AM
    How's your battery life looking today? Probably one of the main reasons I've gone for the edge is the huge battery in comparison to my htc one m8!
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    02-29-2016 07:42 AM
    I have subscribed to this thread. You are a gentlemen and a scholar. I look forward to learning about this phone!!!
    inffy likes this.
    If an app is already active, and you use the fingerprint scanner to unlock the phone, does the active app stay open, or does it go to the home screen?
    1) please run Geekbench 3 and post the scores (my inner geek needs to see how the Exynos does to satiate my burning curiosity)

2) camera samples in low light please

Cheers!
    02-29-2016 07:48 AM
    If an app is already active, and you use the fingerprint scanner to unlock the phone, does the active app stay open, or does it go to the home screen?
    If the app is open on the screen it just unlocks the screen and the app is shown.
    02-29-2016 07:49 AM
    How's your battery life looking today? Probably one of the main reasons I've gone for the edge is the huge battery in comparison to my htc one m8!

02-29-2016 07:51 AM
    1) please run Geekbench 3 and post the scores (my inner geek needs to see how the Exynos does to satiate my burning curiosity)

Cheers!
    Will run geek bench later

Low light samples s7edge vs s6

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ojo2vd6xi...ifiHPWFGa?dl=0
    Cakefish likes this.
    02-29-2016 07:52 AM

Cheers!
    Some benchmarks showed the Exynos 8890 scored up to 2100 in single-core and 6300 in multi-core in GB3. But average seems to be about 1800-1900 for single-core and about 5900 for multi-core. We need the OP to run GB on his own unit to make sure.

But it's an extremely peppy processor.
    Cakefish likes this.
    02-29-2016 07:53 AM
    Thanks for your answer!
    Sad for no double tap to wake but then again, that is easily solved with Nova.
    Very glad to see the theme engine still reaches the notification tray at least
    Before the S6/edge, I was used to the double tap and was a deal breaker sometimes until I realized that it took me more time to do the double tap and without security than simply use the Fingerprint and the extra security it brings.

With the Fingerprint you can do the equivalent (more or less) to the double tap, just press the home button and simply leaves your finger on it for a fraction of a second and you're in.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    02-29-2016 07:53 AM
    Before the S6/edge, I was used to the double tap and was a deal breaker sometimes until I realized that it took me more time to do the double tap and without security than simply use the Fingerprint and the extra security it brings.

With the Fingerprint you can do the equivalent (more or less) to the double tap, just press the home button and simply leaves your finger on it for a fraction of a second and you're in.
    Maybe a daft question (but they never say daft, unless you know the answer), but can you setup multiple fingers to unlock it with?
    02-29-2016 08:02 AM
    Maybe a daft question (but they never say daft, unless you know the answer), but can you setup multiple fingers to unlock it with?
    You can setup multiple fingerprints atleast 5
    02-29-2016 08:03 AM
    Will run geek bench later

Low light samples s7edge vs s6

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ojo2vd6xi...ifiHPWFGa?dl=0
    It's hard for some to see the difference, but I see some fairly significant differences that indicate that the S7 has improved low-light photography.

- There is less noise in the S7, mainly because the camera software opted for a lower ISO due to the increased exposure allowed by the larger pixels and f/1.7 aperture in conjunction with OIS.
    - There is also more detail in the S7, once again, thanks to the larger pixels and also opting for a lower shutter speed in the S7
    - Exposure also seems to be better controlled in the S7 compared to the S6

Overall, pretty impressed. It's hard to see the difference with those pictures, but I'm sure that in situations without much light, the S7 can hold its own. The S6 was no slouch, but the S7 definitely upped its low-light game without compromising overall camera quality.
    inffy and Cakefish like this.
    02-29-2016 08:04 AM
    Geekbench3 scores

D13H4RD2L1V3 and Cakefish like this.
    02-29-2016 08:04 AM
    That's actually pretty damn good. An extremely peppy and capable processor.

BTW OP, I noticed that your screenshots tend to be tilted.
    02-29-2016 08:05 AM
    In some phone, I've setup all my fingers...You just need to combine your fingers while doing the scans.
    02-29-2016 08:06 AM
248 ... 23456 ...