Received my S7 Edge today (dunno how), unboxing and questions

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
How's the memory management?

Also, I just looked at the camera sample. The S7 is surprisingly more detailed than the one on the S6 in that one shot. We need more, though, especially in low light.

BTW, I'm jealous. XD

Enjoy your new device!

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
How does it feel in the hand does it feel like a phablet or a midsized phone? Did you try it with the vr gear how is the quality and are the edges noticeable when playing?

Posted via the Android Central App

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
How does it feel in the hand does it feel like a phablet or a midsized phone? Did you try it with the vr gear how is the quality and are the edges noticeable when playing?

Feels great in the hand. The screen is nice and the size is great. Definately not big. I was expecting this to be much bigger

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Tried to do a little comparison on the FP scanners:

S7edge is better but not much. But I think it recognizes my fingers better than the S6.

Also tried to do a slowmo video but for some reason when uploaded to youtube it removes the slowmo from it :( (Anyone know why?)

That's good to know. Slight improvement would be appreciated. The s6 us pretty good already

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response I was hoping you'd say that I actually prefer smaller phones so I was a little worried it would be too big

How about the vr? Do you have the headset have you tried it?

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
What are your impressions on battery life so far?
Can't judge yet as my home has a totally ****ty mobile reception (max 2 bars) so it screws the testing a little.

But still this phone seems to handle it's battery really well. Will see starting tomorrow when going back to work so my usage will "normalise"

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The edge isn't used for notifications. And it seems neither is the AoS. Or maybe it's used only for samsungs own apps :(
This is why I still like my Note Edge. I'm not so sure I want to order a S7 Edge now. I was thinking of ordering one today but I may continue to wait a while.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
what's the stock sms messaging app UI look like? I've never been big on Samsung's sms look, so I use Textra, but Textra doesn't play nice with Android Auto

DJCBS

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Couple of questions:

- Double tap to wake. Does it have it?

- Theme engine. Did Samsung left it as on the S6 (meaning, you can change the colour of the notification tray etc) or did they restrain it?

I'm considering getting the S7 (because it's smaller) so I guessed you could answer this since it should be the same on both phones. Thanks ;)

(PS - Regarding the fastness...it was fast! Although I've read some stores guaranteeing that they'd be delivering the phones before the launch here too).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae