Received my S7 Edge today (dunno how), unboxing and questions

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
hi, I really like to know if you can use the s7 as an infrared transmitter/ called the infrared blaster (like the s6 edge does)

According to samsung's dutch support it does(confirmed twice). They do agree its not visible on the top side of the device.
Can you check if you can remote control your tv set (by infrared) or use a camera to detect infrared signals (with some app)?

Lots of ppl want to know, including me ;)

Thanks!!!
No ir blaster

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm the same! I always see people posting on the Internet 4 days on the battery, 10 SoT etc and Im lucky to get a day and 3 hour SoT!

Posted via the Android Central App

Battery life due to the user habits, duration, background apps, brightness, apps used, ambient temperature, sensors used. GPS, bluetooth, wifi, signal strength, headphones, speakers, volume etc. It is far too subjective to correlate anything but your own use.

I would suggest folks that use other's use for reference might also believe wrestling on TV is real sports :)

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Battery life due to the user habits, duration, background apps, brightness, app used, ambient temperature, sensors used. GPS, bluetooth, wifi, signal strenght, headphones, speakers, etc. It is far too subjective to correlate anything but your own use.
Exactly

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Glad you were able to get this so early. Thanks for sharing. When you pinch the home screen to get to the home screen settings (Wallpapers, Themes, Screen Grid, etc.), is there a 5x5 option for the screen grid size? I've gotten used to that on the Note 5 and figured the screen would be large enough to accomdate it on the S7 Edge.

Posted via the Android Central App

I received mine from T-Mobile yesterday, and yes it does have the setting for the 5x5 grid.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I've seen a couple people on these forums with the Snapdragon model complaining about lots of heat and poor, laggy performance.

Has that been an issue with your Exynos model, or has it been mostly smooth sailing?

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I've seen a couple people on these forums with the Snapdragon model complaining about lots of heat and poor, laggy performance.

Has that been an issue with your Exynos model, or has it been mostly smooth sailing?
Smooth sailing atleast for me.

The gfx tests I ran did make the phone warm but I wouldn't call it got.

Considering battery life. It's not really I would expect but I will see if it gets better after few more charges and more normal usage

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

Considering battery life. It's not really I would expect but I will see if it gets better after few more charges and more normal usage

Yes please keep us informed on the battery life. Geez I need it to at least last all day without turning anything off, making adjustments to this and that, etc. Always been my major gripe with Sammys, the phones are battery hogs. No good in having the perfect phone and it doesnt last throughout the day. May have to get an extended battery for my uses. I've gotten spoiled with my 6s+.

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes please keep us informed on the battery life. Geez I need it to at least last all day without turning anything off, making adjustments to this and that, etc. Always been my major gripe with Sammys, the phones are battery hogs. No good in having the perfect phone and it doesnt last throughout the day. May have to get an extended battery for my uses. I've gotten spoiled with my 6s+.
Truth to be told my Nexus 6p has pretty same kind of battery life.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Truth to be told my Nexus 6p has pretty same kind of battery life.

Meaning same as iPhone battery or the current phone (edge)? I know all users are different and battery life varies per individual, but would you consider yourself a light, moderate, or heavy user?

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

That's good to hear!

Yeah, you'd expect the phone to heat up a bit during benchmarks, that's perfectly normal, as benchmarks stress the CPU and GPU to their absolute maximum. Actual games that you'd play in the real world tend to be less demanding than benchmarks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc