Received my S7 Edge today (dunno how), unboxing and questions

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So you can double tap to wake up your phone? I jsut got this feature on my HTC one M9 and it's on my Nexus 9 and I was hoping it would be on the edge. I read something about double tapping brings up camera. I so can't wait to get this phone.

Double tap works. I tried it at best buy and seemed faster than my Note 5.

Theme engine is there. I watched a video (can't remember) by who and I saw the option for theme on the launcher. I also looked at it at best buy. Theme Store didn't open but I'm guessing it was because there was no WiFi connected

Posted via the Android Central App

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
So you can double tap to wake up your phone? I jsut got this feature on my HTC one M9 and it's on my Nexus 9 and I was hoping it would be on the edge. I read something about double tapping brings up camera. I so can't wait to get this phone.
There is now double tap to wake on this. I don't know why people keep saying there is

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So no double tap to wake I am so used to that one HTC One M9 and my nexus 9 tablet. This is my 1st time with Samsung so I am looking forward to it but what exactly is this theme engine. I know nothing about touch whiz I use Sense with HTC. But the M9 has a themes folder and you pick a them and it changes your wallpaper your font your icon and sounds and you can download different ones. What does theme engine do? And someone said no double tap to wake nothing Nova can't fix what is Nova? Sorry but some were saying it had it and some were saying no so I wasn't sure.

I'm thankful for that.

The theme engine is one of my favorite features in the current TouchWiz.

Last edited:

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
So no double tap to wake I am so used to that one HTC One M9 and my nexus 9 tablet. This is my 1st time with Samsung so I am looking forward to it but what exactly is this theme engine. I know nothing about touch whiz I use Sense with HTC. But the M9 has a themes folder and you pick a them and it changes your wallpaper your font your icon and sounds and you can download different ones. What does theme engine do?
Eh.. Well what do you think the theme engine would do. It will do the same as htc one does. Themes the UI d'oh

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Is it best to let your phone completely die and fully charge it the 1st few times when you 1st get it?

It also takes most batteries a few full charges to "break in". My Note 5 battery gradually got better after the first few days.

Strong signal, optimized phone and a break in period all add to a strong battery life.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had all HTC phones never had a Sammy so this will be new to me and my husband but I can't wait to get it. Thanks for answering everyone's questions! I do know T mobile people here are starting to get the phone. And I keep reading about some have one processor and some have another what is here in the states going to have and is one better than the other? Which one is supposed to get hot or have the cooling feature. Didn't someone say one over heats I don't remember now I've been reading forums all day long on my day off. I am hoping to like touch whiz and the edge features. I hope for our 1st Samsung we like the edge and don't wish we had gotten the regular S7. My husband is still undecided on which one due to cases being made but I want the edge cause of the bigger screen.

Eh.. Well what do you think the theme engine would do. It will do the same as htc one does. Themes the UI d'oh

Last edited:

albie999

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Just wondered are you able to change the app icon (on the home screen) using default TouchWiz?. On my LG G3, if you long pressed on an icon, you could change the icon

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Just wondered are you able to change the app icon (on the home screen) using default TouchWiz?. On my LG G3, if you long pressed on an icon, you could change the icon
I don't think so. I don't use Touchwiz launcher.

You can change the icons thrue themes

albie999

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so. I don't use Touchwiz launcher.

You can change the icons thrue themes

Does the themes change all the icons though, or just allow the individual to be changed. Do you use Nova? Does that still allow for full functionality with edge panels etc

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Looks like you're still the only one on these forums with the Exynos model. Have you had enough time to comment on battery life at all? Got any screen on time figures to share? :)

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Looks like you're still the only one on these forums with the Exynos model. Have you had enough time to comment on battery life at all? Got any screen on time figures to share? :)
ca025dc7f7151aa4167aed5045bc6028.jpg
b72a144f1922b80275cc88b703019b03.jpg

Not really sure what to say. I am not very impressed at the moment. My few Finnish friends get over 6h SOT times.

Mostly I think it might have to do with the bad reception signal at home.

The strange thing is that I can't see anything that would be keeping the phone awake from those shots

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160302/ca025dc7f7151aa4167aed5045bc6028.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160302/b72a144f1922b80275cc88b703019b03.jpg

Not really sure what to say. I am not very impressed at the moment. My few Finnish friends get over 6h SOT times.

Mostly I think it might have to do with the bad reception signal at home.

The strange thing is that I can't see anything that would be keeping the phone awake from those shots
Probably a combination of poor cell reception and a rogue app with a lot of wakelocks.

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Probably a combination of poor cell reception and a rogue app with a lot of wakelocks.
I don't know about the app thingy. I would guess the app would show in the battery stats or then it goes to the Android OS part in the stats.

I have 5 email accounts syncing with push so I guess that will also have an effect. Well it still last me the day and I always charge at night anyway

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Does the themes change all the icons though, or just allow the individual to be changed. Do you use Nova? Does that still allow for full functionality with edge panels etc

Changing themes brings subtle changes to icons, keyboard ect. It's really fantastic.