S7 Edge Silver too shiny/reflective?

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I preordered it in silver on Verizon I was just wondering maybe it's too reflective? Anybody use a s6 Edge plus that was silver in sun? I played with it at Best Buy but hard to tell in a building.
Thanks for the input!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I still can't decide between the Silver/Chrome or the Black. I love the silver but think I would get sick of it too soon.
The Silver/Chrome will be just like a mirror out in the sun and you can use it to burn ants. The more I think, the more I'm leaning towards black. ;)

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
It's not that reflective, I've been using our demo at work and they did a good job keeping the silver to a minimum. The gold is more reflective.

Ilya Ivanov

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I pre ordered silver but after seeing live at Best Buy I cancelled my pre order and ordered black instead. Silver is very shiny almost chrome like, very flashy which isn't my style.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I still can't decide between the Silver/Chrome or the Black. I love the silver but think I would get sick of it too soon.
The Silver/Chrome will be just like a mirror out in the sun and you can use it to burn ants. The more I think, the more I'm leaning towards black. ;)

I say go for the Silver! My brother has the silver s6 edge plus! I have the green s6 edge. But DAT SILVER DOE! It's so beautiful! You'll never get over how beautiful it is trust me! It seems flashy for a day but then it just looks incredible. I've owned the S6 in gold platinum and before buying that I was a bit sceptical. But in a day it became the most beautiful phone I've ever laid hands on.

And I'm not exaggerating. Just ask any one who owns the gold S6 they'll say the same. These colors are SO unique and amazing! Trust me, go for it! They seem flashy for a day but then they just feel sexy.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
It's not that reflective, I've been using our demo at work and they did a good job keeping the silver to a minimum. The gold is more reflective.

And yes it's not mirror like. The material they've used deflects light in such a away that it's not a direct reflection. It's faded. Or refracted. However you want to take it.

In a world so black and white, try the Silver Titanium or the Gold Platinum please. They're amazing colors!

I love my Green Emerald S6 edge SO much! Even more now when I know it doesn't exist anymore in the newer models.

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

Just take a look at it in stores.. It is in the eye of the beholder

Yes. Go to a store and look. I was the exact opposite as Joe. I found the silver the most reflective of any. In the AT&T store silver and gold looked pretty reflective and the silver more. I cancelled my pre-order of silver and changed to black.

This may not matter to you but it does me, think about watching a TV with any other color bezel than black. That was another problem I would have. I just don't see how that silver could not be reflective in the sunlight.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Man, I'm going to have flip that coin. :p

Gator, your not making this any easier. :-\

One thing I like about the silver/chrome is that the sides are an actual aluminum color and not dull grey like the black.

Last edited:

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Originally was going for black but I had too many black phones already so I picked silver because it is just damn cool and unique! Like when you go in the public, people will notice it right away and give you that nice compliment "oh wow what phone is that?!" compare to black which is a pretty common color. Yeah I want to show off my next big thing lol. And I cant wait to use samsung pay on every store and amaze people with it.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Man, I'm going to have flip that coin.
Gator, your not making this any easier. :-\

One thing I like about the silver/chrome is that the sides are an actual aluminum color and not dull grey like the black.
I did a fingerprint test, believe it or not, The black was the worst of the 3.

Also the silver around the phone isn't a light silver, It's like a dark titanium silver which is disappointing. It would have looked better with a chrome silver.

DJCBS

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen the chrome on the S7, but to me it seems to be similar to what Sony used on the Z5 Premium.
And if it's anything like Sony's Z5P, that thing will be an authentic mirror. It looks gorgeous...BUT the amount of fingerprints it shows will drive you mad.

SprintFun

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
The S7 Edge isn't really like a mirror. It's still shiny but too dull to show an accurate reflection. It's hard to explain, but it's not a mirror.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech