S7 Edge Silver too shiny/reflective?

DrewRasmus

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I went to best buy and it changed my mind. The silver was so insanely reflective. Like looking into a chrome bumper on a car. Went with the black. Glad I checked

And idk what some people are talking about. It's definitely not dark gray. It's silver/light/shiny.

Posted via the Android Central App

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I got the silver/chrome. It is kinda shiny. But it will have a case on most of the time. Also a screen protector on the front should reduce the shiny silver parts on the front.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Now that I have mine in front of me, I really like the Silver color. It's actually not overly shiny :)

Dan Franchini

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I thought the Silver was more reflective, and I've had mostly black phones in the past. Decided to go with the Gold. Plus, since it seems to be the least popular color this time around, it should be easier to get my hands on. the silver on verizon is backordered.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I went to BB to check them out. IMO, they all looked good. Even the gold was nice. Not like the pink gold Apple has. My 2 favorites were silver and black. Unfortunately, with Verizon, the silver was back ordered until March 31st. So I got the black. I have no patience.

ajp8806

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I was going to buy the black, until a co-worker showed me his silver one, I immediately fell in love with it and ordered the silver. Absolutely gorgeous phone!

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Play with them in store... everyone has different impression. I first saw the 7edge and thought I was playing with the silver... turned out to be gold as the gold was much more muted than I expected. I was originally going Silver but the understated Gold won out.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I live in sunny California. I thought the silver was a bit too shiny in the store. I have the white Note 5 and haven't had any problems with glare or reflections, but the silver is basically a mirror.

So I went with black. It's more of a satin than a gloss black. I think it looks really awesome.

Joel Monroy

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Who wouldn't want a silver reflective phone?!! I would rather have a very shiny phone that stands out than a boring black not so standing out phone. I think a shiny reflective phone would definently be noticeable.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
it's not as shiny as i was worried it would be, it sure reflects sunlight if it hits it, but the finish isn't as mirrored as people made it out to be.

i'm using the thin samsung case as well, which has a clear but patterned back which seems to help a bit too.

so yes, it's shiny, but it's not a polished mirror finish, which personally i would have found obnoxious.