03-02-2018 08:38 PM
56 123
tools
    What works best to mirror this on a TV? Fire Stick, Chromecast, or other? What have you guys tested?
    04-01-2016 12:21 AM
    I'v just bought the phone and all the parts to connect it to my pioneer in car stereo and it doesn't work, ffs, spent all night trying... SO is what you are saying correct. Plug it in as usual but download the htc app and it will work? kayfusen?
    04-05-2016 04:05 PM
    What receiver did you use? fayfusen?
    04-05-2016 04:14 PM
    I have the mhl to hdmi from my galaxy s4 and it did not connect to my s7.
    04-08-2016 11:53 AM
    I'm needing to find something as well... My wife obliterated her S7 screen and I need to pull stuff off of it without using the phone screen... I bought an adapter that worked for the s4 hoping it might work but no dice...
    04-11-2016 07:06 PM
    I also cracked my Samsung Galaxy S7 screen after only purchasing the phone less than a week. The AT&T salesperson transferred everything from my edge to s7 but I had not logged in to my google acct to back everything up. The edge was reset as well. So all my files, pics contacts are gone.. I have contacted many, many Samsung techs. I've purchased and tried so many various MHL and not compatible or supported. There is no current support for S6,S7 through MHL OR OTG cables at this time. What I did find out is that if u have ever connected your phone to your laptop or pc you may have access to your files by because you have set that up. Meaning peremissions have been established. Also. I connected a USB mouse to the S7 and I was able to unlock my phone, but cant allow permissions, bcuz i cant see where to click and had never debugged previ. Maybe this will work for. It did not work for me because I had never connected it to the computer before. And I can't see what's on the s7 screen to allow permission. But I heard this could work for someone who has set up with pc. I am not a tech just really determinedon't to find a loop hole. Good luck. !!
    If anybody finds a way please post.!!!
    04-24-2016 09:48 AM
    Not sure if this has been answered somewhere else already but I currently have my s7 edge connected to my monitor at work using a USB to HDMI adapter I picked up from radio shack Link. There is an app that needs installed on the phone before you can use it however located here Link. With a cracked screen you should be able to install it over the linked website. The frame rate is not great and it's kind of a battery hog, but it does work in a pinch.
    05-12-2016 08:58 AM
    If you have a duplicate phone you can also figure out the keystrokes and carefully placed single click required to cast your screen to a chrome cast too. That's what I did for my wife's S7. You can use a USB hub and plug it in using the USB adapter that comes with the phone so you can plug a mouse and keyboard in.
    05-12-2016 10:15 AM
    I can confirm that Samsung's MHL 3.0 to HDMI adapter does NOT work with the Galaxy S7 - the micro USB plug is non-standard and does not fit into the S7 socket. I normally use the adapter to connect my Galaxy Tab S2 to a non-MHL monitor.
    I was able to cut the adapter plug down a little so it would register and connect to the S7, but it would only charge when a charger was plugged into the adapter, but wouldn't display on the tv
    05-12-2016 08:23 PM
    Not sure if this has been answered somewhere else already but I currently have my s7 edge connected to my monitor at work using a USB to HDMI adapter I picked up from radio shack Link. There is an app that needs installed on the phone before you can use it however located here Link. With a cracked screen you should be able to install it over the linked website. The frame rate is not great and it's kind of a battery hog, but it does work in a pinch.
    How well does it really work. Would streaming netflix work or is it to laggy, don't want to spend $60 for something that doesn't work right. And your link for the app display link doesn't work. It's called display link presenter now
    06-29-2016 01:15 PM
    What is the best way to watch phone videos on the big screen without having to connect to wifi for a stick/all share cast?

Cuz I dont have wifi / any internet connectivity when I need to watch em on tv..
    I'd like to know the same thing.
    07-05-2016 07:00 PM
    What you are looking for is the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2. It works great with the Galaxy Edge S7 (it should also work for the Regular S7 and any other WiDi Miracast device). I just enable Smart View through the notifications shortcut and it automatically connects to the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2. It does not need a separate router or internet to mirror your screen. It establishes an ad-hoc wifi network that your phone connects to.
    07-07-2016 05:34 AM
    I thought a coRd would just do it. But damm samsung taking out all the useful hardware and filling it with ****
    07-09-2016 11:30 AM
    Hey!You can use sidesync . It allows you to cast your phone's screen in your laptop and control it.It really do the trick ! 😂
    08-02-2016 01:31 PM
    did you ever figure this ouT? i have a pioneer i am trying this on in my car, s5 worked but s7 dont work
    08-15-2016 04:10 PM
    Ebay sells a 3 in 1 lead for the edge you just have to then go into phone setting and bring up the developer options up on your phone turn the USB debugging option off done mirror your phone then easy had mine working within 5 seconds with developer open you get a lot of cool **** they don't want you playing with
    08-16-2016 05:08 AM
    Could you post a link?
    08-16-2016 06:58 AM
    If you mean the link to the hdtv adapter just look up on eBay seller casuntek (69634) cost sterling 16.89
    MoshuXXL likes this.
    08-16-2016 09:59 AM
    Remember you will have to enable developer option on your s7 or s7 for the lead to work copy right bs
    08-16-2016 10:51 AM
    There's no hdmi out. Not sure about the netgear
    Net gear definitely works. That's what my wife and I use until we get our smart TV.
    08-18-2016 08:31 AM
    Thanks for this information! My husband broke my brand new Samsung S7 Edge's screen in a fit of rage, and I could not figure out how to get my photos and data off the phone until I read your post. SideSync worked great, and it was an easy and quick install and process for saving my phone's files onto my laptop.

Hopefully, I will never need to use it again for that particular reason...
    zenadee likes this.
    11-10-2016 03:13 PM
    How did you get SideSync installed on your S7 with the broken screen or was it an app that you had already installed? I'm in that boat right now where I can install it on the PC, but not on the phone itself.
    12-02-2016 02:15 PM
    Can confirm that Lenovo's DisplayLink (AN9017A1) works with My Samsung Galaxy S7. It requires the "DisplayLink" app. Sound did NOT work, tried with DVI-D and DVI-D Dual Link cable. I think that any DisplayLink device will work with S7/S7 Edge. Other devices might work with sound... If you want to buy an adapter, try to find one with a slim cable so it does not jiggle the plug too much... If anyone knows of a DisplayLink device that also works with sound, please let us know. Thanks!
    MoshuXXL likes this.
    12-06-2016 02:01 AM
    What you are looking for is the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2. It works great with the Galaxy Edge S7 (it should also work for the Regular S7 and any other WiDi Miracast device). I just enable Smart View through the notifications shortcut and it automatically connects to the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2. It does not need a separate router or internet to mirror your screen. It establishes an ad-hoc wifi network that your phone connects to.
    I also have the Microsoft Display Adapter. It works with my S7, but I sometimes have a hard time connecting (I have to attempt several times or unplug/replug). Once it works though, it works. It will eat your WiFi bandwidth (does NOT need to be connected to WiFi, but like OP said, it creates an ad-hoc server) so don't expect to download quickly simultaneously. I use this to watch downloaded .mp4 files on a 32" Samsung TV (not a smart TV). If you buy this and initially can't connect, you may have to connect a windows PC to it so you can upgrade the firmware on the Display Adapter. I had to.

Not the best $50 I've spent, but I can't find a good USB to HDMI option, so this is what I've got. I hope this helps someone.
    03-26-2017 12:29 AM
    why connect mhl to gs7 says plug is wet? and is not! is a lie from Samsung
    07-16-2017 01:34 PM
56 123