S7 and S7 Edge MHL- HDMI SUPPORT?

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
So is there a way to connect if we can't cast it? There must be an adapter to make this connection?

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So is there a way to connect if we can't cast it? There must be an adapter to make this connection?

On the note 5, I read that someone was able to do it with a fire stick. I haven't tried personally though

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
What is the best way to watch phone videos on the big screen without having to connect to wifi for a stick/all share cast?

Cuz I dont have wifi / any internet connectivity when I need to watch em on tv..

aldino

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know what I can use to mirror the S7 Edge to my TV via HDMI???

I have been using MHL on my Sony Z3 and its perfect, but apparantly the S7 will not support it.

I don't want anything that uses wifi as it is not always available.

What can I use to just plug it in to the HDMI?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
How about WiDi or Miracast. Those both use wireless technology, but don't exactly depend on you having a wireless router to connect to the display. The Chrome Cast can also be connected to directly to cast the display as well.

Azianmunk

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, but I'm looking to mirror the screen to my car dash display, and the device I'd need to use won't support the Fire Stick.

I have this same problem. I'm still looking for a solution. I have an older car with a/v input. I was using the mhl USB adapter to html to a/v with my s4. I've tried using allshare and casting it to my car but i believe the Samsung allshare device uses a two-way system in which it needs to pick up signals from the hdmi cable being fed back from the car.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I just tried this with chromecast and it worked but there may be a slight delay on the tv

anoig10

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
HI everybody!
May you explain me how have you connected your device to the chormecast in a place without Wi-Fi connection?
Because I tried several times but, at the end, someone told me that you need, in any case, a modem (even not conected to the internet) that is a big problem for me during the holidays because i don't have any modem in my house...

BravoLima360

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
How about WiDi or Miracast. Those both use wireless technology, but don't exactly depend on you having a wireless router to connect to the display. The Chrome Cast can also be connected to directly to cast the display as well.

Connecting to a ChromeCast Without being on a home wifi network?

yanto liew

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Yes...
You can use the HMDI connector from Samsung to connect your phone to tv.
I tried it with my S7 Edge. The connector was from S5 accessories pack.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke