The new toned down Touchwiz! Is Samsung going to give timely updates, within 6 weeks of Google?

segujer

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Appreciating the tweaks and the all the new useful features that come with the s7 edge in conjunction with TW.
But...
Is this the new dawn for Samsung with mild skin atop android to foster Timely updates to its devices?
at least 6 weeks from the official release by Google?

Posted via the Android Central App

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Why break ranks now? So Nah, The S6 is just beginning to roll out M and not even in the US yet. same ol' sammy. No different for S7. Get a Nexus if this is important to you.

Le0_Br4zUc4

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Appreciating the tweaks and the all the new useful features that come with the s7 edge in conjunction with TW.
But...
Is this the new dawn for Samsung with mild skin atop android to foster Timely updates to its devices?
at least 6 weeks from the official release by Google?

No way. Not only samsung will take longer than 6 weeks to get the updates ready but than we have carriers to deal with... I say 3 months if we are lucky.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I would say yes on the stock Samsung Global model but the carrier branded minority variants might be a little slower.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I think it'll take a while for Samsung to release updates because it's still a significantly heavier skin than other "lightened" skins out there.

Less than the S6 and S5, maybe.

I can say for unlocked versions. Carrier versions may be delayed for obvious reasons.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
No. Samsung knows most average users don't care about updates or even know what an update is. Also Samsung doesn't sell unlocked on the US so your be at the mercy of the carrier's anyway

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
And even is Samsung sent out timely update Verizon won't send them out. Last note 5 security update 12/15/15.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87