I'll be getting a smaller phone - Will that seem strange?

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the Note 4. I passed on the Note 5, because it was the same size and did not have an SD card slot. I am excited about getting my new silver S7 Edge; no more faux leather back (hallelujah!), and I have that focusing problem on my camera, and it can take more than 30 seconds to be able to shoot a picture. But, I am wondering about losing that 2/10s of an inch. I guess it doesn't sound like an enormous difference. Is anyone else taking a step down on screen size?

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I don't think it will bother you for long. If you were going to S7 down to 5.1, it might bother you for a while.

Posted via the Android Central App

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to the regular S7 after having Note 5 and Note 4 for a period of 12 months. Tired of the phablet experience and reachability issues. I have big hands and the finger gymnastics are still laughable.

However the Note 5 handles way better than the Note 4 due to curvature.

xxINFIDELxx

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing the same. I have the Note 4 now. Didn't get the Note 5 because of the SD card. I used the stylus a lot at first but more for a job I no longer do. It was convenient to send my installer a fence drawing and have him get me a material list before I was back to my store to process the sale. I might have used it a few times recently but it was more to click on small content on a browser. I could wait for the Note 6 but I'm impatient and tired of the Note 4 battery life as of late. The Gear VR freebie was a nice incentive to make the switch. BestBuy's site listed the Note4 trade in promo as $150, hope it still holds true when I pick up my pre-order.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing the same. I have the Note 4 now. Didn't get the Note 5 because of the SD card. I used the stylus a lot at first but more for a job I no longer do. It was convenient to send my installer a fence drawing and have him get me a material list before I was back to my store to process the sale. I might have used it a few times recently but it was more to click on small content on a browser. I could wait for the Note 6 but I'm impatient and tired of the Note 4 battery life as of late. The Gear VR freebie was a nice incentive to make the switch. BestBuy's site listed the Note4 trade in promo as $150, hope it still holds true when I pick up my pre-order.
I couldn't wait for the Note 6, either. Might not be until August. And, I, too, liked the VR offer. I am sort of sorry to lose the S pen, even though I use it only once in a...well, practically never. But, I liked that it was there, anyway. I couldn't have gone down to 5.1, but, like I said, two measly tenths of an inch. I should be able to handle that.

lyun17

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the Note 4 and iPhone 6 plus. I will be selling off the iPhone 6 plus. I pre-ordered the S7 and finally saw it at BestBuy today. It did feel weird going back to a small screen. I just got tired of carrying two big phones and wouldn't mind a normal sized S7 now. I know it'll take time to get used to it. The S7 edge looked great. I would definitely feel comfortable holding it but I decided the extra $120 wasn't worth it. I'm still keeping the Note 4 so I can always switch back and forth.

xxINFIDELxx

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have another upgrade on my plan in August. If the Note 6 is super amazeballs my wife said she'd take the Edge7 and let me use the upgrade to the Note6.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
The S7 edge feels fabulous in your hands...the Reviewers got it right, so it may be worth the .2 inch decrease. I doubt you'll really notice it. I got mine yesterday and am loving the feel. Samsung nailed the size perfectly with a phone that has a big screen but that doesn't feel big in your hands!

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I currently have the Note 4. I passed on the Note 5, because it was the same size and did not have an SD card slot. I am excited about getting my new silver S7 Edge; no more faux leather back (hallelujah!), and I have that focusing problem on my camera, and it can take more than 30 seconds to be able to shoot a picture. But, I am wondering about losing that 2/10s of an inch. I guess it doesn't sound like an enormous difference. Is anyone else taking a step down on screen size?
Note 4 is alot wider than the Note 5. Note 5 is actually pretty comfortable. The S7 edge is even more ergonomic but the screen is smaller

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith