03-04-2016 08:04 AM
127 ... 3456
tools
    Well I got mine in yesterday. I'm still getting it set up.
    VDub2174 likes this.
    03-02-2016 07:07 AM
    So after reading multiple stories about Samsung not enabling Android's adoptable storage and only shipping with 32GB in the US, with 8GB of installed software out of the box, I was planning to hold off on the S7. But Droid-life is reporting the adoptable storage is indeed enabled. My post count is too low to post the link but just google droid life adoptable storage article from yesterday.
    Has anyone that has already received their phone verified this? If this is true, my iPhone is making a one-way trip to eBay! Well it's making a trip anyway, but adoptable storage is just one more check mark on the list of pro for the S7.
    03-02-2016 07:45 AM
    So after reading multiple stories about Samsung not enabling Android's adoptable storage and only shipping with 32GB in the US, with 8GB of installed software out of the box, I was planning to hold off on the S7. But Droid-life is reporting the adoptable storage is indeed enabled. My post count is too low to post the link but just google droid life adoptable storage article from yesterday.
    Has anyone that has already received their phone verified this? If this is true, my iPhone is making a one-way trip to eBay! Well it's making a trip anyway, but adoptable storage is just one more check mark on the list of pro for the S7.
    I don't understand how anyone could have more than 24GB worth of APPS installed on their phone, and need this adoptable storage function. You can get an SD card and put all your music and pictures on that. 24GB is a LOT of space for apps.
    SR45 likes this.
    03-02-2016 07:49 AM
    Say you enable adaptable storage and sometime later your phone acts up and you want to restore it? Now your adaptable storage is not longer an advantage as you lose all stuff on your sd card. That's why I don't like to use adaptable storage.
    huntnyc and SR45 like this.
    03-02-2016 07:52 AM
    It is not adoptable storage. You can move some apps that are not system apps to the MicroSD card. Just like you could b4 on most Android phones.

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/03/01...stall-apps-sd/
    huntnyc likes this.
    03-02-2016 08:17 AM
    Looks great!
    03-02-2016 09:14 AM
    Thanks for clearing that up. 24GB is a large amount. I haven't had an Android since the S4 so admittedly I don't remember if it works similar to IOS, but what always comes back to bite me isn't the number of apps,rather the amount of cached data they take up. Messages has a couple GB of data, Play Newsstand has a GB, Play Music another couple, and Pocketcast close to 1GB. Before I know it there's 15GB just in cached data. Was just wondering if these apps were installed on external storage, would that extra data be stored there too.
    03-02-2016 10:02 AM
    Ordered mine on Sunday still waiting for it to be finished "processing"
    03-02-2016 10:06 AM
    for the people that got the phone...

what do you gotta go about doing to get your preorder bonuses??(netflix and vr gear w/6 games)
    03-02-2016 10:25 AM
    I ordered on Saturday and mine is also still processing.
    03-02-2016 10:28 AM

what do you gotta go about doing to get your preorder bonuses??(netflix and vr gear w/6 games)
    There was a flyer that came with the phone with a link to register the phone for the promo items. I went to the link and it says to come back on 3/4.
    03-02-2016 11:19 AM
    It is not adoptable storage. You can move some apps that are not system apps to the MicroSD card. Just like you could b4 on most Android phones.

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/03/01...stall-apps-sd/
    Adoptable storage can be made to work on the s7 though it requires a bit of work.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-required.html
    03-02-2016 02:22 PM
    There was a flyer that came with the phone with a link to register the phone for the promo items. I went to the link and it says to come back on 3/4.
    lucky for the people who are getting the phone early, means they get first dibs on the limited number of FREE VRs. only 300,000 units available first come first served. and ATT is shipping early too
    03-03-2016 12:11 AM
    all you lucky people getting your phones early. you can surely get the free VR. with only 300,000 units available and att already shipping early too. sure hope i can get one
    03-03-2016 12:13 AM
    seems t-mobile is continuing to ship pre orders. my tracking shows out for delivery.

if samsung had a problem with this then t-mob would know about it and stop. they aren't selling in stores so no harm. plus gives samsung more publicity on the tech sites.

from experience w att, they tend to get pre orders in customer hands a day or two before store launch.
    03-03-2016 10:12 AM
    my tracking number shows mine is out for delivery today....but i'm at work and nobody will be there to sign for it

probably the same situation tomorrow

but im off saturday, so i should have it be at least them
    03-03-2016 10:19 AM
    Anyone know why T-Mobil is the only one with early delivery ? All others have to wait it out. Very, very interesting
    03-03-2016 10:50 AM
    Anyone know why T-Mobil is the only one with early delivery ? All others have to wait it out. Very, very interesting
    Because they don't bloat or lock down their version.
    03-03-2016 11:43 AM
    They try to make it a "perk" (as in pre-order with us and we send them ASAP).

Because they don't bloat or lock down their version.
    They do bloat -- but they don't lock it down as hard as others.
    03-03-2016 12:10 PM
    Just received an email from T-Mobile saying they anticipate shipping the device between the 7th and the 8th. I ordered (after they cancelled my initial order placed on the 27th) on march 1st.
    03-03-2016 12:26 PM
    Just received an email from T-Mobile saying they anticipate shipping the device between the 7th and the 8th. I ordered (after they cancelled my initial order placed on the 27th) on march 1st.
    My order from 2/27 has shown the same dates for a couple of days now. Must have a shipment coming in.
    03-03-2016 12:44 PM
    My order from 2/27 has shown the same dates for a couple of days now. Must have a shipment coming in.
    What color did you get ? I ordered black. Maybe that one is the hot color this year.
    03-03-2016 03:03 PM
    They try to make it a "perk" (as in pre-order with us and we send them ASAP).

They do bloat -- but they don't lock it down as hard as others.
    Thanks. Wish I could go with T-Mobile but there data is slow, penetration into my home is Edge at best. Verizon is still on my list
    03-03-2016 03:06 PM
    What color did you get ? I ordered black. Maybe that one is the hot color this year.
    I ordered gold and it seems black is the hot color.
    03-03-2016 03:53 PM

lucky for the people who are getting the phone early, means they get first dibs on the limited number of FREE VRs. only 300,000 units available first come first served. and ATT is shipping early too
    T-mobile opened up the Free Gear link early - Register now if you have phone. Requires IMEI and Wi-Fi Mac address from phone so don't try it if you don't physically have phone - https://promos.samsungpromotions.com...WO3B2WGURW4133
    03-03-2016 03:57 PM
127 ... 3456